Wipro Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
1,104 interviews

2.9

Tech Lead Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Wipro.

phone screening, different client interview

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wipro in April 2014.

I was interviewed through my campus recruiting and career fair. The initial interview was set up right after the career fair for 4 days later. I was interviewed by the global campus recruiter and a business manager. The campus recruiter was very personable and I could tell that he knew what he was doing. It was a behavioral interview that was more about me. Each question that I was asked was triggered by my responses to the previous questions. They did not have a specific set of questions that some companies use, like counting down a list. The other person in the interview followed suit and was asking questions to see what I was about. They were more interested in whether I was a good fit for any particular industry that they were hiring for than just trying to get through a list of questions. All of the days interviewees were also put in a room for a group case study.

I am currently waiting to see if I made it to the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most interesting question was, "What is my definition of a challenging job?". Also, "Why did you stay at your last job so long (4years) if you did not like it?"   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Come in say you do this and that...

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wipro in March 2010.

Was hired as part of Contract to Hire, for the contract position, had a technical round with the team already working at the client location and a call with the management and client. And for the full time had a technical interview and a call with the HR team.

Tech Lead Interview

Interview Questions
    • There is be two technical interview process here. After selecting telephonic technical interview then can have skype interview or in person technical interview. Person has to clear both the round and then will have HR manager interview process which has to cleared.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Wipro.

Basic technical questions and knowledge of areas

Senior FICO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in June 2013.

2-3 technical rounds, followed by client interview and 1-2 Managerial/HR discussions

Interview Questions
    • Panelist would try to grill you in areas beyond normal FI/CO.   View Answer
    I got 10% lower than what I was asking. But still a decent jump.

Project Engineer Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward, with one technical assessment followed by technical interview and then the hr interview

Interview Questions
    • All the questions asked where pretty much straightforward   Answer Question
    No negotiations are done

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Wipro.

Be advised - very long interview process, empty promises, no follow through.

From initial recruiter contact to a final offer was close to half a year. There were countless interviews, both technical and HR, finally a client interview (since Wipro hires for specific client projects). The client interview turned out to require completely different technical skill set than the one tested for in the initial screenings. After the client's offer at least a month passed before I received a final offer, with a start date within a week from the final offer date. Be warned - there are multiple people between you and the end client you're working for, and you should take all promises (you've got the job! When can you start?) with a grain of salt.

Interview Questions
    • How much RAM would a Hadoop cluster name node require for a system storing one million files   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wipro.

Mail from recruiter, call with hiring manager and F2F. Not sure why I was called in for a F2F if the result was that "my profile does not match the current requirements". One of the hiring manager attempted at getting details on revenue of current portfolio more than two times, once I told I will not divulge the details, the third time I plain lied!! No matter what I do, I protect my integrity and so should wipro .
    My resume will not magically change only because Wipro picked me for an interview. Also all fitment questions could be checked during the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult , but crazy questions and rapid fire round in F2F. For a salesperson rapid questions is a cake walk !!   View Answer