Wipro

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – Be advised - very long interview process, empty promises, no follow through.

From initial recruiter contact to a final offer was close to half a year. There were countless interviews, both technical and HR, finally a client interview (since Wipro hires for specific client projects). The client interview turned out to require completely different technical skill set than the one tested for in the initial screenings. After the client's offer at least a month passed before I received a final offer, with a start date within a week from the final offer date. Be warned - there are multiple people between you and the end client you're working for, and you should take all promises (you've got the job! When can you start?) with a grain of salt.

Interview Question – How much RAM would a Hadoop cluster name node require for a system storing one million files   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – Mail from recruiter, call with hiring manager and F2F. Not sure why I was called in for a F2F if the result was that "my profile does not match the current requirements". One of the hiring manager attempted at getting details on revenue of current portfolio more than two times, once I told I will not divulge the details, the third time I plain lied!! No matter what I do, I protect my integrity and so should wipro .
My resume will not magically change only because Wipro picked me for an interview. Also all fitment questions could be checked during the phone interview.

Interview Question – Not difficult , but crazy questions and rapid fire round in F2F. For a salesperson rapid questions is a cake walk !!   View Answer

Maximo Consultant Interview

Maximo Consultant

Interviewed at Wipro

Interview Details – I am lateral employee so i had been with two rounds of technical interview and then one to one meeting with delivery manager and finally HR.

Interview Question – What would be your strategic goal after joining the company   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Mobile Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wipro in January 2014.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview and interviewer asking me question @ architect level for 2 yrs exp.

Interview Question – not difficult but these are only questions relevant to developer Hierarchy of app delegate, stages of app, delegates used for tableview controller   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Franklin, TN

I interviewed at Wipro in April 2013.

Interview Details – Bad experience. Took over 30 days from the day I received my verbal offer to receive the written offer with my start-date. Upon arrival for my first day of work, I was turned away because they were unprepared. It took an additional 2 weeks before I began work.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst I Interview

Programmer Analyst I

Interviewed at Wipro

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join us?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – It all happened on same day.Joined as a contract employee... In 3 months of time made me permanent...

Interview Question – There was written test - function pointers, pointer to pointers were the toughest ones...   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – It was good experience with hiring managers and HR.

Interview Question – Challenges about previous projects   Answer Question

The Job I Applied for and the Job I Got Were Different Interview

The Job I Applied for and the Job I Got Were Different

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter a couple of weeks after applying for a job. She scheduled a technical phone screening. The screening consisted of a single technical question that had nothing to do with the job I applied for. Evidently I satisfied the interviewer, so he set up a follow-up phone interviewer with another person. The second interviewer asked specific questions about my background. The questions were unrelated to the job I applied for and unrelated to the questions asked in first interview. After I answered the questions, he said he was going to recommend they hire me. When I asked when I should expect to hear back, he told me he didn’t know, that’s an HR issue. After several weeks, I never heard back so I emailed the recruiter asking for a status. She said she tried to call me but was unable to get through. She said she would try to call me again. After a couple of days I got an offer with a web address to accept and was scheduled for another interview with HR. And yes, the HR interview came after the job offer

Interview Question – Phone screen was conducted by a person with a very thick Indian accent that was hard to understand.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received an offer that consisted of base pay and a quarterly bonus based on a percentage of base pay. I was able to negotiate an amount above the initial offer. Wipro agreed to my request but called the additional amount a city allowance. City allowance does not factor into the quarterly bonus. The result my overall pay was higher than the initial offer, but the bonus remained the same.

Technology Architect Interview

Technology Architect

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wipro in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer is very polite to me in technical round interview. I like the whole interview process very much.