Wipro Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015
1,362 Interview Reviews

2.9

Vice President Interview

Interview

Contacted by an executive search company followed by meeting with several senior execs over lunch and dinners. The discussions were about turnaround stories, introducing differentiated services to the market and employee retention

Not well defined structure

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a campus placement and involved the following 3 rounds:
    Aptitude test, Technical Interview and HR Interview.
    The aptitude test required speed.
    In the technical interview they tested the c language basics.
    The HR interview just checked the basic communication skills.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Aptitude and C Programming test. After clearing this one face to face technical interview with two persons asking questions on Networking domain. CCNA related questions and one HR interview on your attitude.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wipro in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and non-invasive. The manager was very courteous and focused mainly on the technical aspect of my experience. While the initial position was not a fit for my talents, he immediately thought up another position which he offered on the spot and approved on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you intend to leave this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask you how much do you want to make, and basically rely on your answer. Do your homework (like from glassdoor) to know where you stand so you can negotiate a good salary.

Lead Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wipro (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one general interview from a recruitment specialist followed by a technical specialist and rounded out by a lead recruitment specialist. The questions were all standard. Each person representing the firm seemed rushed and impatient, really not the best vibe when interview prospective candidates. My gut told me that these folks are just looking for a body to throw at a contract and have no concern. Over time my feelings were justified.

Wipro wanted me to relocated from RI to Atlanta, GA to support a new contract as their full-time employee. I was eager to move and it was explained to me that HR would present an offer and we could negotiate salary and relocation assistance. I negotiated a very good salary but the relocation assistance wasn't enough for me to move my household. Additional the assistance was reimbursable but that didn't help with the substantial cost so, I negotiated a signing bonus that put me in the neighborhood of a DiY move. To make the move I asked for 5 days paid vacation during my third week of employment to comeback to RI for the DiY move. At that point things started to disintegrate. I was told that such a request isn't standard and I asked for the HR lead to ask management to consider my request. The recruiter openly laughed but told me that she would ask and get back to me. I understood that the home office is in India and that there was an upcoming holiday in the US so, I padded my expectations of a response by a couple of days.

Days went by and I thought to contact the lead recruiter via email, phone, text Skype but it was evident that I was being stonewalled. Contact was made to members of her team I was promised by another recruiter that both she and he would call me only to find that he didn't. When I called him back I was told that he was ill. When speaking to the lead I was told that she was very busy and would get back to me. It was a week away from my proposed start date. I was suppose to report to Wipro's East coast HQ the following Monday, stay for two days then fly to Atlanta to start on Wednesday. My perception was that Wipro expected me to parachute into the site with a fractured living arrangement. I made a point that my request would enable me to be better productive and benefit the customer and Wipro's contract. Apparently, Wipro disagreed.

I don't want this to seem like a rant so, I'll close my write-up with this...

HR, you have some work to do. This was the least professional interaction hiring and interview process of my 22 years in customer service. HR / recruiting is the first experience a person will have with your company. As I look through some of the employee comments, I can see similar experiences and I hope that you take this to heart and change the culture.

Negotiation

Salary, bonus and relocation were easy but when I asked for 5 days paid vacation to reduce my out of pocket expenses as relocation didn't cover the expense, I was asked if I was open to move even farther (to LA) with the same money. When I declined the LA offer I was stonewalled for my request and the offer withered on the vine.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

started with off campus interview , Multiple rounds . If selected generally communicate within a week.

Followed by final round of technical interview. For off campus interview questions asked was more related to projects done. Technical interview was in two phase telephonic follow by 1 to 1.

Followed by final HR call which extend to multiple days.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

Good but slow. 3 to 4 rounds including the HR discussion. Minimum 1 skype session and a technical question/answer type round. Must negotiate on salary and Sign on bonus etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You have to be very stubborn and advocate yourself, otherwise there is a very good chance of you being astoundingly under paid

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus recruitment, first written test, then 1 round of technical interview and 1 HR round. Asked about college project work. Basic C, C++ questions. General HR questions, Aspirations.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

written test followed by technical interview followed by hr interview.
    three months training followed by written test, you need to score at least 70% in the test. they came to our college to hire from campus and hired about 20 people.

Module Lead Interview

Interview

It was a walk in. Typical interview questions but the hiring process took more than a month. Questions werenot answered immediately. Asked about Servlet lifecycle, database queries, jsp to servlet conversion, java try catch exceptions, java5 features

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation had a good offer