Wipro

Getting the Interview

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wipro in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was campus placement for me, where in I had to clear aptitude and English language tests followed by interview.

Interview Question – I dont remember this.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me and set up and interview. The interview was all over the phone. simple and easy. Then you have a meeting over skype with an HR person in India. This was a strange process since they requested this to be a video chat. But it was a one sided web interview. Passing an interview isn't hard. Its the 3 months of background checks, paper work and every document needed that is tough. Also understand that all the paper work was written for an Indian then translated to English.

Negotiation Details – Easy. All done during the one sided skype HR meeting. If you have a number in your head you want add 5-15k more ontop of that number. I wish i new that after getting hired.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in May 2012.

Interview Details – Straight forward tell about yourself, based on your resume share your project experience, explain why choose one technology over the other, design approach, management style

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation in my case. I started with what I wanted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Wipro

Interview Details – Easy and just need to have the basics right.Later you need to have attitude to learn and be more flexible

Interview Question – Tera data Management based question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in November 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired through Contract to hire mode

Interview Question – Why do you want to move to Banglore   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – 3 levels of interview. 2 tech & 1 HR round. 1st round will be basic questions on technical areas, 2nd round will be conceptual involving the projects the candidate has worked.
HR round will be around family, nature of work, environment, timing & ofcourse compensation. Usually interviews are conducted inside Wipro premises. Candidates are taken care of well

Interview Question – What makes you leave your present company? Why do you think we are better at that?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotitation to be done on HR round. No- reconsideration of compensation after that

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was a scheduled interview, where the interviewer from the company interviewed over video conference during first round, then again another video conference in the second round.
The third round was face to face interview on technical aspects and domain knowledge, The final round was HR round where I was selected and offer was released.

Negotiation Details – It was exciting. The negotiations between me and HR team went well & pleasant.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in August 2012.

Interview Details – 2 technical interviews 1 HR. 1st technical is by wipro leads. Basic questions in java. emphasis on multi threading , collection.
2nd technical by client leads... multithreading, collections

Negotiation Details – HR are friendly.

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro in April 2010.

Interview Details – its a technical round and then hr round depends on the technology that you are working in that matter and moreover my suggestion would be NOT to join this useless company until you have a better option elsewhere. Initially it may seems that they more but it all boils down to mental happiness more than money which is the only thing they promise YOU WONT get in WIPRO.

Interview Question – All technical round are difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – During negotiation HR went to ladakh for trip leaving me with no alternate backup to coordinate.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in May 2010.

Interview Details – two rounds of technical Telephonic interview and one round of HR. it was a core technical session and the HR was descriptive with negotiations on salary.

Interview Question – reasoning for the expected salary   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wipro

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wipro Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wipro employees and interview candidates.