Wipro

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – Basic technical questions and knowledge of areas

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wipro in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   View Answer
  • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wipro in August 2011.

Interview Details – Written test, technical interview and hr interview.. technical round, questions were mostly from dbms

Interview Question – None of the qiestions were difficult   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wipro in June 2011.

Interview Details – Be thorough with the basis about the skills mentioned in the resume

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wipro in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewers arrived on time. An aptitude test was conducted first. Later the shortlisted candidates who passed the aptitude round were asked to write an essay based on a current topic. The final round was the hr round. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weakness   Answer Question

Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wipro in September 2013.

Interview Details – direct interview for high achievers

Interview Question – describe this bottle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Patna, Bihar (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wipro in September 2012.

Interview Details – normal round o process ie aptitiude, essay wiring,technical interview and R iterview

Interview Question – none as such very easy questions   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wipro in April 2013.

Interview Details – there were two stages in interview, HR interview followed by Aptitude test.

Interview Question – no such questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is good opportunity to work in wipro.

Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in September 2012.

Interview Details – It took a long time for the interviews to take place over the course of 2 weeks.
The interviews were conducted for about 45 minutes consisting of a panel asking technical questions. The technical questions were oriented around Data Structures and programming concepts. HR took place a few days afterwards and was over in about 10 minutes time.

Interview Question – If there was a choice between working as a software developer and a project manager what would you choose?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Was not interested in working for the company.

Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wipro in September 2012.

Interview Details – first there was an power point presentation telling us about the job profilet,then took an aptitude test,the one who cleared that were called for technical interview ,they aasked questions related to programming ,the level of difficulty depnding on which branch you belong and the one who cleard that were called for hr interview

Interview Question – why u wanna leave ur branch jobs to join wipro??   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wipro

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wipro Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wipro employees and interview candidates.