Wipro

Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro.

Basic technical questions and knowledge of areas

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro in August 2010.

It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions
    • What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   View Answer
    • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro in November 2013.

The interviewers arrived on time. An aptitude test was conducted first. Later the shortlisted candidates who passed the aptitude round were asked to write an essay based on a current topic. The final round was the hr round. Overall, it was a good experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wipro in September 2013.

direct interview for high achievers

no negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wipro in April 2013.

Written test and technical interview based on computer science. The written test was difficult but it was not crackable. Managed to answer most of the questions. The interview was followed by a group interview.

Interview Questions
    easy. it was a simple offer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wipro in April 2013.

there were two stages in interview, HR interview followed by Aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    It is good opportunity to work in wipro.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patna, Bihar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patna, Bihar (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wipro in September 2012.

normal round o process ie aptitiude, essay wiring,technical interview and R iterview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro in September 2012.

first there was an power point presentation telling us about the job profilet,then took an aptitude test,the one who cleared that were called for technical interview ,they aasked questions related to programming ,the level of difficulty depnding on which branch you belong and the one who cleard that were called for hr interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wipro in September 2012.

It took a long time for the interviews to take place over the course of 2 weeks.
    The interviews were conducted for about 45 minutes consisting of a panel asking technical questions. The technical questions were oriented around Data Structures and programming concepts. HR took place a few days afterwards and was over in about 10 minutes time.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a choice between working as a software developer and a project manager what would you choose?   View Answer

Was not interested in working for the company.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wipro.

Standard templated tests were carried to filter students. It looks like mass body hunting business. Very standard exams, filtered some people.

Poor salary package was offered