Wipro

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wipro in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired as part of Contract to Hire, for the contract position, had a technical round with the team already working at the client location and a call with the management and client. And for the full time had a technical interview and a call with the HR team.

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Interviewed at Wipro

Interview Details – First of all, all interviews gave you very short notice. And the processes were very pushing: asking for personal information and say they will start checking background, even BEFORE interview was conducted.

I had a Skype interview with a Wipro HR representative in USA in the final step. At the beginning, I told him that I can see you. He said "I can see you. You don't need to see me". What a rude attitude!

Interview Question – none. Interview was very easy. This part is very good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a chance to negotiation. For me, salary was pre-set.

Technical Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro in October 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty Simple, HR schedules a Technical round with Hiring manager, Then a skype video Conference.

Interview Question – The Tech team will be asking basic definitions of your technology, obviously every one will forget with the increase in your Experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate high about your salary, Take a written commitment if some additions requirements has to be fuilfilled.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wipro in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by a recruiter, gave all the details along with Salary expectation. Interview was scheduled and no one called up. Called back and the interviewer called back to reschedule it the next day. Some technical, some lead questions. HR interview started, Roles , benefits discussed and then comes the salary part and then typical Indian IT company answers " we don't have the budget" , " there is an upper limit to this" blah blah... Got offer, lower salary then current one. A joke in itself.

Two weeks after HR discussion, the HR said "we are still working on it". the client interview happened. 3 telephonic and a group interview at client side. After 1.5 months , Final Result: Gave offer which I accepted initially, but then again it lead to no where. No communication, utter unprofessionalism. HR says something and then backtracks. Manager is busy somewhere else. No communication between HR and manager. They just want your billing and don't care about you as a person. I had heard some bad things about them, but experienced it in short time.

From my experience, if a company takes more than 1 month to just finalize the offer at client locations , then their process is the worst in the business. Companies actually are at their best when they recruit someone. Once you have joined then the worse happens. IF this is their best side , then I hate to imagine the worst side.

Interview Question – How long have you worked as lead   View Answer

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – Very warm and excellent process

Interview Question – What is the reason for joining wipro   Answer Question

Greater Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro in April 2011.

Interview Details – One round of technical interview over video conferencing. I was asked to go to Wipro office to give video interview. Followed with technical interview, HR talked to me and told me that she will let me know in 2 days. but she only returned after 2 weeks with Salary offer.

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Wipro in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had first telephonic interview then client interview.Wipro was quick in rolling out offer letter.

Interview Question – There wasnt any difficult question.If you know basic of java and j2ee you will clear it with ease.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wipro in June 2010.

Interview Details – I attended a walk in interview for wipro in Hyderabad. The position was for bangalore location . There was one technical round of interview and one HR. I got selected and posted in bangalore. But later i turned down the offer saying i want in hyderabad. Then, they changed my posting to Hyderabad.

Technical Lead

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wipro.

Interview Details – 2 Technical Interview rounds and 1 HR round. Technical was very generic. They wanted to understand how much hands on experience you have and wont go into very minute technical details.HR was very polite and explained salary structure in detail.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. Why you want to switch company and why so and so salary requirement.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wipro in February 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy. I got a call from Wipro's partnered recruiting company and a walk-in appointment was fixed. First round was a technical interview. A wipro employee with more or less same experience as me conducted the interview. She does not seem to be good at interviewing. The questions were all basic which are available in a google search. There was no design question or problem/solution type of question. I used few techincal jargons in my answers and it was a cake walk.

The second round was the management cum HR interview where they negotiated salary. The offer letter was sent in an email the next day. The hard copy with my name misspelled came after a week. The overall joining process took about 45 days to 2 months since the date of interview.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy as I did not demand a very high salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wipro

Worked for Wipro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wipro Technical Lead interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wipro employees and interview candidates.