Wipro Technical Lead Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.7

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

2 technical and 1 hr round. First two technical rounds had good technical questions and questions related to project management skills. Hiring process was quick and fair. They took time to come to a conclusion in salary discussions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

Good but slow. 3 to 4 rounds including the HR discussion. Minimum 1 skype session and a technical question/answer type round. Must negotiate on salary and Sign on bonus etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You have to be very stubborn and advocate yourself, otherwise there is a very good chance of you being astoundingly under paid

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Initial communication through a job portal. After that applicants needs to fill up their resume details in their job/career portal. They will do the initial screening and shortlisting for a written test. After the written test there will be first round of interview on technical skills. Second round will be from HR focused on reason for change and assessing soft skills as well as salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to join to Hyderabad location ? It was a valid question as my hometown is near Delhi and Hyderabad is approx 1600 KM down south of India.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got more than I asked for, may I should have asked for more and that's my suggestion.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

First of all, all interviews gave you very short notice. And the processes were very pushing: asking for personal information and say they will start checking background, even BEFORE interview was conducted.

I had a Skype interview with a Wipro HR representative in USA in the final step. At the beginning, I told him that I can see you. He said "I can see you. You don't need to see me". What a rude attitude!

Interview Questions

• none. Interview was very easy. This part is very good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a chance to negotiation. For me, salary was pre-set.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wipro (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by a recruiter, gave all the details along with Salary expectation. Interview was scheduled and no one called up. Called back and the interviewer called back to reschedule it the next day. Some technical, some lead questions. HR interview started, Roles , benefits discussed and then comes the salary part and then typical Indian IT company answers " we don't have the budget" , " there is an upper limit to this" blah blah... Got offer, lower salary then current one. A joke in itself.

Two weeks after HR discussion, the HR said "we are still working on it". the client interview happened. 3 telephonic and a group interview at client side. After 1.5 months , Final Result: Gave offer which I accepted initially, but then again it lead to no where. No communication, utter unprofessionalism. HR says something and then backtracks. Manager is busy somewhere else. No communication between HR and manager. They just want your billing and don't care about you as a person. I had heard some bad things about them, but experienced it in short time.

From my experience, if a company takes more than 1 month to just finalize the offer at client locations , then their process is the worst in the business. Companies actually are at their best when they recruit someone. Once you have joined then the worse happens. IF this is their best side , then I hate to imagine the worst side.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked as lead   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wipro in October 2010.

Interview

Pretty Simple, HR schedules a Technical round with Hiring manager, Then a skype video Conference.

Interview Questions

• The Tech team will be asking basic definitions of your technology, obviously every one will forget with the increase in your Experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate high about your salary, Take a written commitment if some additions requirements has to be fuilfilled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wipro (East Brunswick, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Was hired as part of Contract to Hire, for the contract position, had a technical round with the team already working at the client location and a call with the management and client. And for the full time had a technical interview and a call with the HR team.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wipro (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Went to M G Road office for the interview. Had to wait for an hour and after enquiring some one came out. Technical interviewer was not available on Video Con . So HR took her interview round and filled the form . It as just those general questions like why I wanted to join the company , why I was leaving my current job, my expectation , how I could be valuable to them etc.
    Then came the technical round . it was for about 1 hr. it went good but I wasn't sure. Not news for about 10 day , then I was called for HR round , but I told them it was done in my last visit , so they had me talk with a senior manager, the interview went good. Then no news for 1 months . I enquired after a month , HR called for salary negotiation . Then some mail exchange for missing documents etc. , got the offer letter after some days.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wipro (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

first round will be a Technical Interview, if you clear the technical interview then you will either be asked to come back on some other day or you will have Managerial Round on the same day and if you clear the Managerial round then you will be asked to stay for HR discussion and will be negotiated on the salary.

Got other better opportunity

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Very warm and excellent process