Wipro

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wipro.

easy and smooth, first round telephonic and then 1-1 round with sr. architect and then delivery manager round sometimes. In some cases client interview is also required.
    mostly tele round is easy then one to one round is more in depth and sometime they can present case study to solve on papar or board. Solution doesn't matter but your attitude ,selection and presentation matters.

Interview Questions
    • more technical , less stress on soft skills, unprepared interviewers mostly hence random questions are expected   Answer Question
    location. they have good presence and hence many options.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wipro.

Technical round for 30 Min followed by second round technical face to face interview with one technical guy and one manager most of the questions were related to my technology. Followed by HR round mostly for sal negotiation.

Not so Good, did not prepare well before HR interview

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wipro.

Written test, Technical interview, HR interview

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wipro in November 2013.

It began with a bunch of communications between the HR and I to set up times for technical interviews. They were helpful and were willing to answer all of my queries. There were a total of 2 Technical Interviews followed by an interview from the Project Team. Once all of this was done, had a chat with the HR for negotiations on the package and I was not disappointed with what I got.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was being recruited for TDL role in IBM Message Broker, the questions were generally on design.   View Answer
    I got a little less than expected but it was not too bad.

Change and Transformation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Wipro in June 2013.

As I got in through an internal employee, the process was quite informal and straghtforward. Although it took about 6 months to set up an initial interview once I got the ball rolling, the interview process was very short. The first interview was a 30min chat with the Practice Lead, asking very general questions about experences, reasons to join and reasons why I left my previous role/s. The second interview was a face-to-face with her, for about an hour. This involved some theoretical questions about Change Management as well as an on-the-spot practical exercise. The final interview was with another another consultant who was part of the Management Team. Ths was again a quick 15min phone call touching on some basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, but this was probably because I was well prepared given that I was introduced by a friend who had been through the same process 6 months earlier with the same interviewer. Regardless, the interviews were not designed to be difficult and the interviewers are genuinly approachable and interested in hearing what you have to say and not out to trick you.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiation as I was offered what had wanted.

Managing Consultant Interview

1st interview - technical was conducted in a rush by a senior manager who certainly knew little about the technical bits of my area of SAP specialty. Only asked generic questions and seemed to be in a hurry to end the interview, asked hurriedly if I had any questions .

Interview Questions
    • None, nothing too challenging from my point of view. Asked for my recommendation on an approach they are currently taking with a client of theirs . Which was a cheat question really. I don't offer consultancy advise for free , not even in an interview I am afraid.   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Wipro in December 2012.

Too slow in interview process. After telephone interview had to be persistent in asking for feedback on next step, then received an answer after 2 weeks to schedule interview and the interview was scheduled after 3 weeks of persistence. Total process took 40 days.

Interview Questions
    • What percentage of the sale margin does the sales manager get as his bonus and profit? Explain in detail about the sales deals?   View Answer

Data Migration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wipro in November 2012.

I would recaall the whole experience as bit unprofessional even though the HR was very efficient and nice. But the reason I say unprofessional was, I had total 6 rounds of discusions or can say interviews with different peoples and there was only two discussion for which I was given advance notice otherwise all the discussions were surprise calls :).
    Anyway, I didn't mind that as people on the other side was nice but it could have been helpful to have an advance notice.
    The first interview was a telephonic discusion with a technical person which went on for 1.30 hour but the feedback process was very fast. I had a call on Wed and by Thu morning HR confirmed the feedback and asked me all other papers needed to proceed with next round. But the next round took a while as it was with senior person and one Friday I got a call from sr. person and later I realised it was an interview call :)
    Anyway, in 2nd call I was interviewed on my communications, stakeholder management, leadership, chanage management, projet management, proposal & estimation skills. It was good disucssion and the feedback was provided quickly to HR.
    I thought the interview process is over but then onwards I had 4 more discussions with different people and I was asked to attend an interview with a client which I felt bit unprossional because why would you send a candidate to a client who hasn't been offered a position.
    Overall the interview discussions took 2.5 months before I was offered a letter which I declined as I had received two other offfers at same time.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say anything was difficult as the questions were related to the position but yes it was sort of rapid fire round interview which didn't gave much time to think so if you haven't done the job in the past then you will be caught.
      Some of the questions I remember from all the discussion I had with different people,
      -How would you estimate the migration project? Elaborate on your estimation method.
      -How would you manage the conflict in your team?
      - How would you recommend what ETL tool client should use?
      - What sort of issues you have encountered in Data migration project related to Data Quality? How did you plan for it and what was the outcome?
      - How would you plan & estimate for the data quality issues which are unknown in the project?
      - How would you manage the risk of Data Quality in the project?

Answer Question

The interview process took more than 2 months and by the time offer was made I had two other offers from consulting firms. So I declined this offer.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Wipro in September 2012.

Initial Process was delayed and unorganized, AFter 1 month of screening I got a call for the technical interview then the first 2 interview slots were postponed and finally the interview happened the third time. The interviewer was unprofessional, his mobile phone kept ringing throughout the interview and he did not even bother to give a formal introduction of himself or about the job. The questions were not tough but he would ask the next question even before I completed answering the previous one.

Interview Questions
    • None. Mostly average level questions about various determination rules   Answer Question

Principal Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wipro in June 2012.

A couple of interviews all on the phone

Long but the company was flexible