Wireless Advocates

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

WSE Wireless Sales Expert

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates.

Interview Details – I interviewed outside of Costco in their food court. the process is simply trying to find people who are outgoing and willing to do whatever corporate tells you to do. works well with others. yada yada yada. recruiting is lousy so a lot of time they are just looking for, and i quote, " a warm body."

Interview Question – What does "perimeter selling" mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. Minimum wage plus commission plus bonus

Vallejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in November 2009.

Interview Details – 3 different interviews, takes about 3 weeks to get hired

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in April 2009.

Interview Details – If they are following their own policy it should be 3 Interviews. The first is a phone screen, the second is a face to face and the 3rd is usually another phone interview with either another Kiosk Manager or District Manager. Dress nicely, speak clearly, expect the same questions over and over again throughout the process.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It's their way or no way.

Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in November 2010.

Interview Details – First you get a call from the Kiosk manager from the perspective kiosk you called from. You meet with the kiosk manager and depending on the manager they ask you a series of vigorious questions about how you are and how your competitiveness is. Be competitive motivated as you can

Interview Questions

• on a scale of 1 - 10 how competitive are you   View Answer
  • You have a certain sales goal that you have to meet and its the dead line, you have a customer that says he has to go make a decision. what would you say to convince him to buy today   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they start you at 8.00 the longer you work there the less your base commision but the more percentage on your commission you get

WSE Wireless Sales Expert

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wireless Advocates.

Interview Details – Started with having lunch with the District Manager and going over the pay plan for the commission structure, and other important points of the job were layed out. I then went to a store location to fill out paperwork and took a drug test and background check. I was hired about a week later and began working.

Interview Question – Why exactly do you want this job in particular?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being confident and persuasive.

WSE Wireless Sales Expert

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was an exception to their normal interview process as I was hired on the spot because of my experience. My understanding is that typically you drop off a resume and are contacted by a Kiosk Manager. You interview with him/her and then are passed along for a second interview with either another KM or a DM(District Manager). If they all agree you're a good fit you're hired. It's sales... turnover is high and if you're going to sell a lot of phones before you quit they aren't too picky.

WSE Wireless Sales Expert

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in June 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable through the interview process. He asked me various questions about my work history and how it pertained to the job I was hiring for. I was sure to be confident in my ability to talk about how working in the food industry I learned how when talking with people you need to learn how to listen more then you talk so you can understand what it is they need so that you can fill that need. He was impressed with that response and offered me a challenge, it was to sell him a notebook. I took the notebook assessed the situation and dove in with a friendly greeting, proceeded to ask him some questions about his notebook needs, perhaps was it for travel? did he need it to work outdoors, indoors or both? I was open-ended with several of the questions to ensure conversation, In what ways do you take notes now? After gathering enough "ammo" I proceeded to ask for the sale (This is a must in any sales job you apply for to demonstrate this ability) I said well Gill*(name changed) based on what you told me this notebook is perfect for you, I proceeded to repeat back some of the "features" we talked about and suggested he buy a pack of pens (I eyed sitting on the table) as it would complement his purchase well. He shook my hand said he was sold. He even offered incite on how I was one of the few to spot the pens and offer them as well, where I could of improved was mentioning the advantages of getting the notebook from myself vs anywhere else but I made up for it by being very direct when asking for the sale. We talked some more about the types of hours I could work, and availability of a possible start date which hinted the position would soon be mine. The next day I had a phone interview with a very charismatic district manager who offered a lot of insight about himself had a few questions for me then congratulated me on receiving a contegent offer and pending drug and background test being a part of the team. I was thrilled as a friend of mine working for the company had been doing very well and I was excited to become apart of it.

Interview Question – If you could sell anything what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating in a sales job is simple, your hourly pay is just a base any good salesman will tell you that you should learn your product, be confident, and ask for the sale. Other then that its a numbers game, the more people you talk to the more people you can close, the more you make.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wireless Advocates

Worked for Wireless Advocates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wireless Advocates WSE Wireless Sales Expert interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wireless Advocates employees and interview candidates.