Wireless Advocates WSE Wireless Sales Expert Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

WSE Wireless Sales Expert Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates in August 2014.

Interview

I went into Costco to purchase a phone. I asked if they were hiring and they gave me an application and interviewed me on the spot. I then was interviewed over the phone with the DM- district manager a few days later. He then sent me to a different costco the following week to do an interview with his main kiosk manager. You will have 48 hours from there to take a drug test. They also do a background test. Total process took 2 weeks if you stay on top of it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience? How would you grab people's attention walking by? Pitch me this samsung, how would you get me to buy it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wireless Advocates

WSE Wireless Sales Expert Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates.

Interview

I interviewed outside of Costco in their food court. the process is simply trying to find people who are outgoing and willing to do whatever corporate tells you to do. works well with others. yada yada yada. recruiting is lousy so a lot of time they are just looking for, and i quote, " a warm body."

Interview Questions

• What does "perimeter selling" mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. Minimum wage plus commission plus bonus

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applications are obtained from the kiosks within stores. Most employee hires are referrals from people that have or currently work with Wireless Advocates. Interview process goes through an initial kiosk manager, usually the kiosk you are going to work at, and then a district manager who decides whether or not to bring you on board. Interviewing process and everything is relatively easy and quick. Drug test and background checks are required before finalization of hiring.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, tell me about yourself, why you want to work for wireless advocates, why they should hire you, 5-year goals, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates (Carson City, NV) in November 2010.

Interview

First you get a call from the Kiosk manager from the perspective kiosk you called from. You meet with the kiosk manager and depending on the manager they ask you a series of vigorious questions about how you are and how your competitiveness is. Be competitive motivated as you can

Interview Questions

• on a scale of 1 - 10 how competitive are you   1 Answer
    • You have a certain sales goal that you have to meet and its the dead line, you have a customer that says he has to go make a decision. what would you say to convince him to buy today   Answer Question

Negotiation

they start you at 8.00 the longer you work there the less your base commision but the more percentage on your commission you get

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates (Vallejo, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

3 different interviews, takes about 3 weeks to get hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates (Orlando, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

If they are following their own policy it should be 3 Interviews. The first is a phone screen, the second is a face to face and the 3rd is usually another phone interview with either another Kiosk Manager or District Manager. Dress nicely, speak clearly, expect the same questions over and over again throughout the process.

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's their way or no way.

WSE Wireless Sales Expert Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates.

Interview

Started with having lunch with the District Manager and going over the pay plan for the commission structure, and other important points of the job were layed out. I then went to a store location to fill out paperwork and took a drug test and background check. I was hired about a week later and began working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Being confident and persuasive.

WSE Wireless Sales Expert Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates in June 2010.

Interview

I was an exception to their normal interview process as I was hired on the spot because of my experience. My understanding is that typically you drop off a resume and are contacted by a Kiosk Manager. You interview with him/her and then are passed along for a second interview with either another KM or a DM(District Manager). If they all agree you're a good fit you're hired. It's sales... turnover is high and if you're going to sell a lot of phones before you quit they aren't too picky.

WSE Wireless Sales Expert Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wireless Advocates in June 2009.

Interview

The hiring manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable through the interview process. He asked me various questions about my work history and how it pertained to the job I was hiring for. I was sure to be confident in my ability to talk about how working in the food industry I learned how when talking with people you need to learn how to listen more then you talk so you can understand what it is they need so that you can fill that need. He was impressed with that response and offered me a challenge, it was to sell him a notebook. I took the notebook assessed the situation and dove in with a friendly greeting, proceeded to ask him some questions about his notebook needs, perhaps was it for travel? did he need it to work outdoors, indoors or both? I was open-ended with several of the questions to ensure conversation, In what ways do you take notes now? After gathering enough "ammo" I proceeded to ask for the sale (This is a must in any sales job you apply for to demonstrate this ability) I said well Gill*(name changed) based on what you told me this notebook is perfect for you, I proceeded to repeat back some of the "features" we talked about and suggested he buy a pack of pens (I eyed sitting on the table) as it would complement his purchase well. He shook my hand said he was sold. He even offered incite on how I was one of the few to spot the pens and offer them as well, where I could of improved was mentioning the advantages of getting the notebook from myself vs anywhere else but I made up for it by being very direct when asking for the sale. We talked some more about the types of hours I could work, and availability of a possible start date which hinted the position would soon be mine. The next day I had a phone interview with a very charismatic district manager who offered a lot of insight about himself had a few questions for me then congratulated me on receiving a contegent offer and pending drug and background test being a part of the team. I was thrilled as a friend of mine working for the company had been doing very well and I was excited to become apart of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating in a sales job is simple, your hourly pay is just a base any good salesman will tell you that you should learn your product, be confident, and ask for the sale. Other then that its a numbers game, the more people you talk to the more people you can close, the more you make.