Wireless Advocates

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

WIRELESS SALES EXPERT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had an original interview with a kiosk manager of the store for which I was applying. They then passed me to another KM of another store. After that I was called briefly by the DM. As a manager i usually would do initial interviews, sometimes a second interview would be done by another Km then sent to the district manager for approval. I was also sometimes used as a final consideration because the DM trusted my interview techniques and opinions. I was mostly looking for individuals that were passionate, conveyed reliability, and were friendly and outgoing. As well as professional. I found this very hard to find because of the entry level pay expectations, most qualified people would apply elsewhere.

Interview Question – What was the last creative thing you have done? Also, "When was the last time you missed your goal?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The pay is set based on location. If you want more, sell more.

San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates.

Interview Details – you will get a phone call with in the 2 weeks of applying. There will be a phone screen and 2 to 3 face to face interview

Interview Question – Explain to me why you choose wireless industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation was made

Grafton, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in January 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an appplication and had a 10 minute conversation with the manager. They were down 2 employees and needed to fill the spots quickly so the interview was more of a "this is what your job will be".

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told me what the base pay was, and should me the commission table stating it was easy to hit goals and bonuses (whihc was a lie)

Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited to submit an application as I demonstrated higher than average wireless sales knowledge. After a few phone calls, I was asked to come in for an interview at the Costco to where the kiosk was.

Interview Question – That's an interesting phone you have. Can you tell me about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was then signing papers and getting informed of the company culture. Base pay plus commission was provided, and varied on state minimum wage (for base pay) and commission. I had no way to get higher than the base pay despite my prior retail experience (4 years).

Mount Kisco, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in November 2011.

Interview Details – i went into a staples and there were the 3 area sales managers they asked me to fill out all of the tax papers before i was even interviewed. They all seemed like really cool guys, i was asked questions by all three, and was placed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate in which location i got to work and how much my pay was, i would recommend knowledge of the mobile industry and a sales background. The managment is all really cool so just make a good impression and speak whats on your mind

Seekonk, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, they called me for a phone interview, offered me the job, had me meet with a regional supervisor and I started 3 weeks later. I was excited to start and was glad to be able to get a job since the economy isn't so great and "flexible hours" since I am a college student. Trust me, It was all downhill after I started working for WA.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work 30 to 40 hours a week around your school schedule?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't even bother working for this company. They tell you how great it is, you start working, make absolutely no money, half the hours they promised you and a huge headache. If you want to work in mobile sales I suggest going to the companies directly... not this 3rd party sales company

Glenview, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in December 2008.

Interview Details – I went in for a one on one interview. They did a personality test on me. They gave me a drug form, also filled out a w-2 basic company forms.

Interview Questions

• what would you do in a situation where one of your employees were being difficult?   Answer Question
  • what would you do if you had irate customer, how would you apply your customer service skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all. $8.00 and hour plus commission and bonus

Chantilly, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in September 2008.

Interview Details – You get called after applying. The manager than reads of a list of different scenarios in which you give an answer.

Interview Question – ?   View Answer

WIRELESS SALES EXPERT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in July 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about the job through a former co-worker. He was new at his position. The company had just moved into the area. I interviewed with an area manager and filled out online job application and underwent a drug test and background check. I had a second interview with another manager. I was told I would be on duty at the kiosk and alone on my shift. There are no kiosk managers in the MA/RI stores.You are required to wear black Polo shirts, black slacks and shoes. You were told you would provide your own "uniform" without compensation. I did not know then that there would be no training other than watching some videos online. I did not know there would not be formal kiosk support for sales, just calling and texting other kiosks for info.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was told there was no negotiating; take it or leave it. That was the policy across the board The 130 locations in NE are closing so that is a moot point. If you are in another area of the country you should take the job and keep on looking if you are unemployed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wireless Advocates

Worked for Wireless Advocates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wireless Advocates Wireless Sales Expert interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wireless Advocates employees and interview candidates.