Wireless Advocates

1.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates.

you will get a phone call with in the 2 weeks of applying. There will be a phone screen and 2 to 3 face to face interview

NO negotiation was made

Other Interview Reviews for Wireless Advocates

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grafton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grafton, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in January 2012.

I filled out an appplication and had a 10 minute conversation with the manager. They were down 2 employees and needed to fill the spots quickly so the interview was more of a "this is what your job will be".

Interview Questions
    Told me what the base pay was, and should me the commission table stating it was easy to hit goals and bonuses (whihc was a lie)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Kisco, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Kisco, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in November 2011.

i went into a staples and there were the 3 area sales managers they asked me to fill out all of the tax papers before i was even interviewed. They all seemed like really cool guys, i was asked questions by all three, and was placed.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate in which location i got to work and how much my pay was, i would recommend knowledge of the mobile industry and a sales background. The managment is all really cool so just make a good impression and speak whats on your mind

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seekonk, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seekonk, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in August 2011.

I applied online, they called me for a phone interview, offered me the job, had me meet with a regional supervisor and I started 3 weeks later. I was excited to start and was glad to be able to get a job since the economy isn't so great and "flexible hours" since I am a college student. Trust me, It was all downhill after I started working for WA.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work 30 to 40 hours a week around your school schedule?   View Answer
    Don't even bother working for this company. They tell you how great it is, you start working, make absolutely no money, half the hours they promised you and a huge headache. If you want to work in mobile sales I suggest going to the companies directly... not this 3rd party sales company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in April 2011.

I was invited to submit an application as I demonstrated higher than average wireless sales knowledge. After a few phone calls, I was asked to come in for an interview at the Costco to where the kiosk was.

Interview Questions
    • That's an interesting phone you have. Can you tell me about it?   View Answer
    I was then signing papers and getting informed of the company culture. Base pay plus commission was provided, and varied on state minimum wage (for base pay) and commission. I had no way to get higher than the base pay despite my prior retail experience (4 years).

WIRELESS SALES EXPERT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in July 2010.

I had an original interview with a kiosk manager of the store for which I was applying. They then passed me to another KM of another store. After that I was called briefly by the DM. As a manager i usually would do initial interviews, sometimes a second interview would be done by another Km then sent to the district manager for approval. I was also sometimes used as a final consideration because the DM trusted my interview techniques and opinions. I was mostly looking for individuals that were passionate, conveyed reliability, and were friendly and outgoing. As well as professional. I found this very hard to find because of the entry level pay expectations, most qualified people would apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last creative thing you have done? Also, "When was the last time you missed your goal?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The pay is set based on location. If you want more, sell more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in December 2008.

I went in for a one on one interview. They did a personality test on me. They gave me a drug form, also filled out a w-2 basic company forms.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do in a situation where one of your employees were being difficult?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you had irate customer, how would you apply your customer service skills?   Answer Question
    no negotiation at all. $8.00 and hour plus commission and bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in September 2008.

You get called after applying. The manager than reads of a list of different scenarios in which you give an answer.

WIRELESS SALES EXPERT Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wireless Advocates in July 2011.

I heard about the job through a former co-worker. He was new at his position. The company had just moved into the area. I interviewed with an area manager and filled out online job application and underwent a drug test and background check. I had a second interview with another manager. I was told I would be on duty at the kiosk and alone on my shift. There are no kiosk managers in the MA/RI stores.You are required to wear black Polo shirts, black slacks and shoes. You were told you would provide your own "uniform" without compensation. I did not know then that there would be no training other than watching some videos online. I did not know there would not be formal kiosk support for sales, just calling and texting other kiosks for info.

Interview Questions
    I was told there was no negotiating; take it or leave it. That was the policy across the board The 130 locations in NE are closing so that is a moot point. If you are in another area of the country you should take the job and keep on looking if you are unemployed.

Worked for Wireless Advocates? Contribute to the Community!