Wireless Generation, Inc.

Unclaimed Profile

Wireless Generation, Inc. Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wireless Generation, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

There was a pre-screen followed by an in-persion interview. The whole process actually worked as a recruitment tool since the people they had interviewing me were bright and it was obvious they took the process seriously. Work-life balance was something that was mentioned by each of the interviewers and it seemed obvious to me they weren't just giving lip service to the concept but that it was a shared value.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wireless Generation, Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wireless Generation, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of a coding exercise and various questions on patterns. Finally I was asked how I would break down a spell check service into sub modules and direct the work of other developers.

I felt the feedback provided after the interview was substandard. I was told that I didn't have enough 'runtime' experience and that my definition of 'loose coupling' didn't match their definition.

Not sure what is meant by 'runtime' experience. My definition of 'loose coupling' was, I thought, quite brilliant.

After asking for code samples, and an hour on the phone, I would appreciate more substantial feedback. This seemed all rather vague based the time I spent with them. Would I work there?

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wireless Generation, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

A phone interview which consisted mainly of C++ questions and some problem-solving. About an hour long, moderate difficulty.

A very lengthy coding project was set, which took a lot of time to do properly (as most things done properly do). Upon submitting it, they took several weeks to even respond. I should have heeded the signs...

Finally I got called in for a 3 hour in-person interview, which I felt (judging by their reactions to me) went pretty well. The people were nice and the tasks interesting. All good. I was told I'd hear within 3 days at the very latest.

All the WGen contacts subsequently studiously and deliberately ignored my emails. Pretty disgraceful behaviour towards someone who's put a lot of time into the process. I'm very glad I didn't end up working for them, if this is indicative of their culture.

Interview Questions

• design a system for museums that helps visitors enjoy the exhibits. Had to think about location-awareness, routing algorithms, data structures, file formats.   Answer Question
    • write code that implements a whitespace regex matcher in C++/Java   Answer Question