Wireless Vision

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

There are two different hiring practices i've seen with WV:

1) There is a semi-large hiring event:
    You apply online, the market as a whole is in need of reps, so instead of having you go in individually to interview with managers, they have all the people that pass the initial screen go in to a place they rent for interviews. May be intimidating because there are usually a lot of managers and upper management there, but if they do a hiring event like this, it means they need people, and they need people fast, so your odds probably aren't that bad.

2) Go in-store for interviews:
    You apply online, and if you pass the screen, the manager of the store that you will likely work at will call you to schedule an interview. An important thing to note is that the managers are human, by this I mean that of you want your screening process expedited, go into the store and talk to the manager, be likeable and give a good first impression, and tell them that you've applied to their location. It also helps if you have a T-Mobile account, go in as a customer, then segway into the hiring conversation.

Overall, nothing special about the WV interview process, typical situational questions. Interview is usually with 2 store managers.

Interview Questions
    • Some situational question involving working with a team of coworkers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wireless Vision.

I went to an open interview, where everything went great. And then I submitted my background check where I start to worry it took a long time for my background check to come back but it did come back.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Standard Interview, they follow a sheet of paper like robots. Absolutely no real questions all behavior type questions. They seemed disorganized and not ready for an interview. They both previously worked at best buy which i found odd.

yes, fight hard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Wireless Vision.

Interview was short and sweet. They mainly just asked about my personal life and previous work experiences and accomplishments. It was very casual and comfortable. I was interviewed by a store manager once. Then interviewed by a different store manager and a market manager. I was originally offered a job when I came in to pay my bill at T-mobile and it went from there.

Yes, Negotiated pay

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wireless Vision.

The process was fairly quick. I was called on a Tuesday and was asked to come in for an interview on Thursday. I agreed to come in because while speaking to the store manager on the phone he expressed his passion for coaching and spoke about his proven track record and was looking forward building a new team for the new new stores.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly in essay from and inquired about my manager and customer service experience. I was nervous but the the interviewers made a joke here and there to lighten things up. Towards the end of the interview I asked what they were looking for and the store manager stated that he was looking for someone like himself, someone who could understand how to run the store and be ready to have their own store in at least 6 months to a year. I agreed. I thought to my self with proper training they will be. After I thanked them for the opportunity they thanked me for coming and said I should hear from them soon. Friday evening I received and email that they would not be moving forward with me at this time. At least they sent an email, most places don't.   View Answer

Market Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wireless Vision in February 2014.

I saw a posting for an opening via LinkedIn. I received a message asking me to apply on company's website. After doing that I was contacted by a recruiter to set up phone interview. Recruiter felt my qualifications lined up with another position and asked if I would be interested. She said that another person would contact me in a couple of days. Three weeks later I was contacted for second phone interview. She asked for sample training material which I provided. She forwarded me to another person, the Director of Sales, he was very uninterested in interviewing me being that he already had his mind set on hiring his former employee from best buy which he told me during the interview. After sending emails on the position, I finally, two weeks later received an email of rejection.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   View Answer

RSM Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wireless Vision.

on line application process then interview with market manager then with director of sales next is a back ground check then offer.

Interview Questions
    they made off I took it no negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wireless Vision in June 2013.

The interviewing process was well understood, they were fair and pretty easy. The company was thorough with trying to find the right fit for the company and location. There was an extensive background check, that took several weeks to complete

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Wireless Vision in April 2013.

You will probably go through 2-3 interviews.
    First will be with either Market Manager and then 2nd will be with Regional Manager and/or HR.
    The hiring process usually goes smoothly, they will put you in the fastest training class after you taken your background and drug test.
    Training will last 2 weeks and then you will train at a training location.

Interview Questions
    • Haven't came across any. If you have experience nothing should rehearsed.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Initial screening is easy to pass if you have ever been in sales. In fact, most people not in sales can pass it. Interview process is called a "PBI" . It is completely subjective in regards to how they rate you based on the two interviewers. If one guy doesn't like you very much, you will get a lower score in the 5 point scale. You can only get hired if you pass their minimum of 3.7 or something like that. You can easily BS your way through this process. Just sound good and follow the STAR method. You might have to go through 2 rounds of this, or depending on the need, they may even notify you that you the next day that you have the job. It just depends.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are the same for all candidates. Nothing unexpected about it. If you do receive an unexpected question, it will be inpromptu because they are trying to find out additional "behaviors" from you. If they do this, though, understand that this is not a standard question and may not have been asked to other people that were interviewed for the same position, which is technicially unfair in reviewing job candidates. But, if you nail it, you may get the job.   Answer Question

I had been in other commissioned sales environments and the commission structure did not seem to be strong. I asked how often the structure has changed in the past few years and they did not want to provide me with a solid answer which means that it is unstable.

The staffing levels of some of the stores that I had visited prior to the interview and they seemed understaffed. When I inquired about employment opportunities as a sales rep to the managers, they all said that they were fully staffed at their locations. Some things just didn't add up. I went to the interview anyway hoping that the pay would at least off set this... it turns out that it does not.

I also found out from current managers that I talked to after the interview that the there is no standardized salary for incoming managers or promoted managers. It is all completely based on what the market manager and his boss have in mind. They will try to get you at the biggest bargain that they can and not allow for salary movements because of the "commission" aspect of the job based off of store performance. It doesn't matter what volume store you are at, which is really counterintuitive if you ask me.