Wireless Zone

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

1.8

Management Interview

One on one interview to find out more personality and background. Majority of questions were based off of past experience and how you handle certain situations. Overall had a great time and was conducted very professional

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wireless Zone in November 2014.

Initiated by being contacted through a representation from Indeed.com. Took online personality test through Verizon hiring portal. Had first phone interview within a week. First face to face a week later. Second interview was scheduled two days after first face to face. Was told throughout the interview process, by all parties that the position started at $30k/year plus benefits/commission. Midway through the second interview, the interviewers informed me I would be hired as a "sales associate" for $8+/hour with commission. Needless to say, I stopped the interview and decline to continue.

Interview Questions
    • None, questions were predominantly standard fare for management positions: tell us about yourself, what could you bring to the store, tell us about challenging scenarios you've encountered.   View Answer

Position offered was not what was advertised, nor what was offered during initial interviews. Pay was far, far below industry standard, even for full time sales associates. I also had other offers on the table with far greater salary.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wireless Zone.

Submitted my application (included resume and cover letter)
    Heard back about 1 week later for an interview
    Second interview scheduled 1 week after
    Job offer 1 week after 2nd interview
    Started job 3 days later (3 wk 3 days total)
    3 Weeks of paid training (no background check or drug testing)

Interview Questions
    • What is more important, making the company money or treating customers well.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was sent an offer letter and it said it was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wireless Zone in March 2012.

Walked in and asked for an application. Wrote my name down on a list. Was called a week later for a brief interview and got the job.

Interview Questions
    I started as a sales associate making minimum wage ($7.25/h). He said after a few months I would get an hourly raise as well as make more commission.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austintown, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Austintown, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wireless Zone in February 2012.

Just asked you questions on previous experience and run of the mill "why do you want to work here" questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wireless Zone in January 2012.

On the spot. Had to sell him headphones. he wanted to see if i could sell products. Later on he told me he only hired me on a feeling. He hired me on a certian commission plan and he changed it later on. He changed everything at least 40 times. Policies and commission. As soon as we started to do good he would change everything so we would work harder for less.

Interview Questions
    • If I was to give you 500 dollars to run around the store 5 times would you do it?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wireless Zone in September 2011.

A bunch of lies about earning potential and the managers personality is completely different when you actually accept the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarryville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarryville, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wireless Zone in June 2011.

I walked in for an interview that had already been set up over the phone with the store manager. We sat down and talked, I never even filled out an application. At the end, he offered me the job and asked when I'd like to start.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, he offered me an hourly pay and it was a take it or leave it option.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, RI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wireless Zone in June 2009.

Initially will be reached through email, then a first interview with a Manager then a second with Director Level Managers

there was not a negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wireless Zone in January 2009.

Pretty much its not what you know its who you know