Wirtz Beverage Illinois

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois

Interview Details – I was contacted thru phone conversation with an HR rep initially and then got an in person interview with a sales manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois in August 2013.

Interview Details – Standard phone interview to start, panel interview, then last interview with executive group. A lot of questions were standard interview questions. Interview lasted quite awhile comparatively to a "traditional" time-frame. All individuals took detailed notes with one taking the lead the entire time.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Digital Analyst Interview

Cicero, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very structured interview format, pre-packaged questions that come from a packet

Interview Question – Incredibly standard interview questions "Best and worst work qualities, etc..."   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois in April 2012.

Interview Details – Got to Wirtz and they had me fill out an application in aerating to my résumé. Waited about 10 minutes before they called me into a room. Had an interview with 3 department heads and someone from HR. It started off like any interview, 'tell me about yourself, why do you want to leave your current job, why Wirtz?' Then they asked a lot of situational questions like 'Name a difficult task that I had to overcome, time where I had to meet a deadline, time where I went above and beyond to help a customer.'

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois.

Interview Details – HR interview first, sales manager second interview, sales manager and dm on 3rd interview. Very professionally dressed and well spoken.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long process

Eau Claire, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois.

Interview Details – I found out about the job through a professional contact, submitted a resume, and got a call within the week to set up an interview. I had an interview with two area managers, and the regional director. Everything went well. I was called back for a second interview 2.5 hours away. I went, had my interview, partly role play. I was congratulated on the job well done and they told me that they would call within the week. I then expressed to them how I would really appreciate a call back regardless of the decision. They agreed that that would happen. After 8 days, I called them and asked what was up; they replied that they were working on a new position, but to stay in contact. That was almost two months ago.

Interview Question – In the second interview, they showed a sales sheet, and after a few minutes, asked em to role play with them, and to sell them a product.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Cicero, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois in May 2009.

Interview Details – The manager talked about herself and didnt ask any questions about me.

Interview Question – none the manager arelazy and dont careto know   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no nogotiation, I requested 16.00 in the phone interview and was told that wouldnt be a problem, but was offered 13.00 with nogotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois in April 2011.

Interview Details – Attended recruiting event in early October. Initial contact from HR in January. Had several phone screens w/HR. Was called in for face-to-face in February. Received callback for panel interview after following up with initial interviewer.
Met w/Sales Director, Sales Manager and District Manager. Interview consisted of a structered process (behavioural type questions) w/some more personalized questions mixed in.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a customer misunderstood a company policy and was unhappy. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on salary or benefits - union job.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois in February 2011.

Interview Details – i had a phone interview with HR. They asked me a few questions about my past experiences. Then I was asked 3 situational questions. Name a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer? What was the results.
After a week I had a face to face interview.
He followed the same process as the phone interview. Situational questions. Name a time when you had to perform a detailed task? what was the results.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a unhappy customers? What was the problem, how did you respond and what was the results?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to perform a detailed orientated task? What was the task, how did you respond and what was the results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For my position is was just an offer I did not try to negotiate. It can be done for higher positions, but for my position is take or leave.

District Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wirtz Beverage Illinois in April 2008.

Interview Details – Called and interview 3 times with 3 different managers, and also did a ride along day with a sales representative

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wirtz Beverage Illinois? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wirtz Beverage Illinois interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wirtz Beverage Illinois employees and interview candidates.