Wix Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.5

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wix.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through Linkedin. Viviana responded within an hour and a half and scheduled an interview for the following week. It is evidence that she is a seasoned HR professional - she grilled me during the interview but I could tell she is someone who the employees really trust and can turn to. Unfortunately, it's been about 3 weeks since our interview and I never received a follow-up or response. Nevertheless, I get the sense that the SF office is ran by good management. Employees working in the call station looked happy.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume, why do you want to work with Wix, where do you see yourself in 3 years   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wix.

Interview

Went to a group networking event, hung out with Wix employees and interviews in a speed dating style. Very relaxed environment with cool staff members. Received an email 2 days later inviting me to a face to face interview. Met with 3 of the employees again and was told I will get an email soon.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through indeed and received an email from HR in a few days. She called me for a video interview. She was a friendly and polite, so I felt positive impressions about Wix. The next step might be a person-person interview in a local office. I am still waiting for her response whether I can move onto the next or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your previous job.
      How much do you expect to make?

Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later to join them for a group interview.

When checking in they had us fill out a application with a few questions on the back and took our picture before we were able to begin.

Once inside we were asked to play around with the website as employees came by to have mini interviews with us. We later went to another room to have pizza and it became clear that they were watching how we interacted with other people. This went on for a while and then suddenly the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• You are given a paper paper at the end of the interview and asked to write about one Wix employee and one person who is interviewing with you.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Took me 4 rounds to complete the process. Mostly conversational and nothing serious.
    first one was phone and then office visit with the HR. 3rd round was a Skype interview with HQ in Israel and final one was with the VP of my department at the office.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions(client related) and asking the WHY questions.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was invited to a 'mixer', which at first I was apprehensive about, because my experience of what I thought was a 'group interview" until that point had been a bunch of people, competing with each other to stand out. In fact, the mixer turned out to work to my advantage, and it will for anyone who feels confident in social situations, but doesn't like the contrived, scripted interview contexts.

First, we arrived and sat at the computers, and were told to fill out some information about ourselves. We were asked to answer some questions on a piece of paper, which were interview-like questions but at least you didn't have to answer them on the spot. Then they told us about wix as a company.

We moved to the kitchen and were told to mingle; here is where i think they look for the stand-outs: people who can chat and talk. my advice is to talk to as many employees as possible, because they are watching you. I actually authentically clicked with a couple of employees here in this setting. Each of them seemed genuine about their love for the company and job.

Then we came back to the computers and were told to play around with the site, create something. a few employees walked around, sat down and chatted with you: figuring out if you had a brain and could use a computer, basically. nothing too threatening for anyone with these features/capabilities.

I got called back for a second interview with two people, one from HR and the other a call center manager. The interview was non-scripted, and quite natural. There's a lot to be said for the appropriateness of the setting and comments that were made, however.

one interviewer decided the most suitable place for the interview was in the only exit/entry into the office. they pulled a couch so that two couches were facing each other, narrowing the thoroughfare for people coming in and out. this resulted in my having to sit awkwardly with my legs crossed every time someone wanted to pass through (which was often).

they seemed to focus on how "fun" this place was to work at, through the various photos on the walls and workroom activity.

Second, and this is something mentioned in a review from an employee, they said that the sense of fun there is incredible, and that off the phones, everyone likes to make jokes, which can sometimes "scare people away". e.g. we make "blond jokes, gay jokes, black jokes, white jokes... no one gets offended." this is the weirdest and most inappropriate thing to say to a potential candidate. especially when the candidate was a gay person of color.

next: micromanagement. they were very upfront about the fact that you have EXACTLY 59 seconds between calls, and if you're "one minute late from your break people will start wondering where you are". You are taking calls non-stop, 7 hours a day... which brings me to my next point...

pay: pay was $15-17 an hour.
    I left the interview feeling the most unnerved i've felt by any interview.

they followed up with me to see if i wanted to go ahead with the hiring process, but i politely declined for the reasons I've detailed above.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck on a desert island, and could only take two people with you, who would they be? One MUST be a Wix employee you spoke to tonight, the other someone you met tonight (i.e. another applicant)   1 Answer

Because, as Beyonce said to LaToya and Lativia in "Survivor", "I'm better than that!"

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I will start by saying it's one of the most unique interviews I have ever been to. Originally, I was told that it was more of a job fair, and that it was at 7PM-10PM. then the day of, I was told it was actually from 6:30PM- 10PM. I didn't get the message until I was off from my other job, so I was not able to call back and confirm. I was happy that I was able to get there at 6:20; in my opinion 10 minutes is the good early, and not so early you creep out the person at the front desk.
    Apparently not... there were already a lot of people there, I was literally one of the last ones to arrive.
    They put a name tag on all the applicants and have you fill out a form with basic interview style questions on a small desk with 2 computers on it. Then they have you make a WIX website and the employees interact with you during that.

I thought that was cool to be able to talk with the employees, but between the conversations and building a website, (three things at once) I had to prioritize those, and I was unable to finish all of the written questions.

Then they had us go to another room where they had food and drinks. (this was at about 7:30)
    I felt like this was a pizza break? I still had my mind on the stuff I had been working on in the previous room. I had started what I thought would be a light conversation with another applicant, and after a minute was just trying to be polite because she was telling me lots of TMI (too much information!) kind of things. Once I had managed to get toward a conversation with different people, the employees started handing out this slip of paper which asked you to pick two people you would want to be stuck with on a desert island and why. One has to be an applicant and one has to be an employee at WIX. I was not really sure what that is about, but then they collected the papers and asked us to leave! Ugh. I am terrible with names, so I was only able to put the ones I remembered.. kind of gave silly answers too, but it is a silly question I suppose.

In hind sight, I realize they were watching us during what I thought was a break, trying to see how we interact with others.
    I was sad I got cornered into a random conversation, how unfortunate! Not trying to sound rude with this... I am not sure if this is necessarily the best way to gauge a person's capabilities. I had only brief interactions with the employees, who were all pleasant, but not anything directed at me, personally, and what I can offer in a specific work kind of situation. That's too bad, because I can really get behind the concept of this company, and combine that with the fact I have loads of customer service skills.

If I'm being observed/ tested on something, I think it is impolite to not make that apparent.

I didn't get a call from them, just an email that thanked me for my time but saying they weren't interested.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Save your time and energy and don't bother applying for this position.

I won't go into too much detail regarding the actual process since many people have already described it. After I attended the first "open house", I was invited back for an individual interview where I interviewed with 3 high up employees. The interview took about an hour and a half and I felt very confident leaving. Our conversations seemed very engaging, and felt like I hit it off well with each employee I interviewed with.

A week after the individual interview, I got an email saying they wanted me to come back to another "open house" they were holding. I thought this was a little odd, considering I had already attended the open house, not to mention being personally invited back for a one on one. It seemed very backwards.

Nevertheless, I obliged, and came back to Wix for the third time to attend an additional open house. When I got there, I was baffled to find out that this "open house" was the same exact set up as when I initially attended the first time around, but all the applicants were new. I was the only returning applicant. This perplexed me even more. Despite this strange realization, I carried on with the group mixer with the same energetic mindset and passion in joining the company as I did the first time around. I mingled with the employees I had already got to know in the previous rounds, as well as a few additional ones I hadn't had the pleasure in meeting.

A week went by and I didn't hear anything back from them. I waited another week and emailed again, and finally got a typical a pre-created email saying they moved on with another candidate. The person I was in contact with seemed very unprofessional throughout the whole process; very slow to respond, not very welcoming, and horrible use of grammar. Come to find out, this position only pays $16.50 an hour. Not to mention, they don't offer their customer service reps any stock options. This is quite odd for a tech company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Job Fair, invited back for a second job fair and then an interview with the HR person.

Interview Questions

• During the first two job fairs I met with current Customer Service Reps. You spend the job fair using the product and the reps come around to help with questions and get to know you. Really they are trying to see if you are a good fit for the culture - laid back, patient and open.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wix.

Interview

Starts off with a phone interview, then you will be invited to a job fair. They make the job fair a social event; with a number of current employees walking around getting a feel for prospects.
    The biggest thing they want to see is how well you get along with everyone, as well as being able to pick up basic internet protocols. Personality wins ultimately.

After the fair all the current employees in attendance meet up and rate all the prospects. They discuss things like: who was weird, who was cute, who was funny, who was stuck up, who asked too many questions, who doesn't know their way around a browser, etc. Not scientific, just act cool and know in advance how to use the Wix platform.

Interview Questions

• They will have you sit in front of a computer and watch you build a website using the Wix platform.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.