Wix Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gastonia, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wix in July 2011.

Very friendly company and non-judgemental. This simply was not the job I wanted for myself. As an engineer, this job would be quite repetitive unless on the research and development side. Recruiter gave a full tour and explained what the company did, which was helpful in deciding if this was the correct job for me.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wix in November 2013.

There were three interviews. Don't be deterred by the first interview with HR--they may be late and take forever to get you to the next interview. It will be worth it once you talk to senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have a deep understanding of the product. They will ask you specifics.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wix.

Took me 4 rounds to complete the process. Mostly conversational and nothing serious.
    first one was phone and then office visit with the HR. 3rd round was a Skype interview with HQ in Israel and final one was with the VP of my department at the office.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions(client related) and asking the WHY questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Wix in March 2014.

Save your time and energy and don't bother applying for this position.

I won't go into too much detail regarding the actual process since many people have already described it. After I attended the first "open house", I was invited back for an individual interview where I interviewed with 3 high up employees. The interview took about an hour and a half and I felt very confident leaving. Our conversations seemed very engaging, and felt like I hit it off well with each employee I interviewed with.

A week after the individual interview, I got an email saying they wanted me to come back to another "open house" they were holding. I thought this was a little odd, considering I had already attended the open house, not to mention being personally invited back for a one on one. It seemed very backwards.

Nevertheless, I obliged, and came back to Wix for the third time to attend an additional open house. When I got there, I was baffled to find out that this "open house" was the same exact set up as when I initially attended the first time around, but all the applicants were new. I was the only returning applicant. This perplexed me even more. Despite this strange realization, I carried on with the group mixer with the same energetic mindset and passion in joining the company as I did the first time around. I mingled with the employees I had already got to know in the previous rounds, as well as a few additional ones I hadn't had the pleasure in meeting.

A week went by and I didn't hear anything back from them. I waited another week and emailed again, and finally got a typical a pre-created email saying they moved on with another candidate. The person I was in contact with seemed very unprofessional throughout the whole process; very slow to respond, not very welcoming, and horrible use of grammar. Come to find out, this position only pays $16.50 an hour. Not to mention, they don't offer their customer service reps any stock options. This is quite odd for a tech company.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wix in April 2014.

I was invited to a 'mixer', which at first I was apprehensive about, because my experience of what I thought was a 'group interview" until that point had been a bunch of people, competing with each other to stand out. In fact, the mixer turned out to work to my advantage, and it will for anyone who feels confident in social situations, but doesn't like the contrived, scripted interview contexts.

First, we arrived and sat at the computers, and were told to fill out some information about ourselves. We were asked to answer some questions on a piece of paper, which were interview-like questions but at least you didn't have to answer them on the spot. Then they told us about wix as a company.

We moved to the kitchen and were told to mingle; here is where i think they look for the stand-outs: people who can chat and talk. my advice is to talk to as many employees as possible, because they are watching you. I actually authentically clicked with a couple of employees here in this setting. Each of them seemed genuine about their love for the company and job.

Then we came back to the computers and were told to play around with the site, create something. a few employees walked around, sat down and chatted with you: figuring out if you had a brain and could use a computer, basically. nothing too threatening for anyone with these features/capabilities.

I got called back for a second interview with two people, one from HR and the other a call center manager. The interview was non-scripted, and quite natural. There's a lot to be said for the appropriateness of the setting and comments that were made, however.

one interviewer decided the most suitable place for the interview was in the only exit/entry into the office. they pulled a couch so that two couches were facing each other, narrowing the thoroughfare for people coming in and out. this resulted in my having to sit awkwardly with my legs crossed every time someone wanted to pass through (which was often).

they seemed to focus on how "fun" this place was to work at, through the various photos on the walls and workroom activity.

Second, and this is something mentioned in a review from an employee, they said that the sense of fun there is incredible, and that off the phones, everyone likes to make jokes, which can sometimes "scare people away". e.g. we make "blond jokes, gay jokes, black jokes, white jokes... no one gets offended." this is the weirdest and most inappropriate thing to say to a potential candidate. especially when the candidate was a gay person of color.

next: micromanagement. they were very upfront about the fact that you have EXACTLY 59 seconds between calls, and if you're "one minute late from your break people will start wondering where you are". You are taking calls non-stop, 7 hours a day... which brings me to my next point...

pay: pay was $15-17 an hour.
    I left the interview feeling the most unnerved i've felt by any interview.

they followed up with me to see if i wanted to go ahead with the hiring process, but i politely declined for the reasons I've detailed above.

Interview Questions
    • If you were stuck on a desert island, and could only take two people with you, who would they be? One MUST be a Wix employee you spoke to tonight, the other someone you met tonight (i.e. another applicant)   View Answer

Because, as Beyonce said to LaToya and Lativia in "Survivor", "I'm better than that!"

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Wix.

I will start by saying it's one of the most unique interviews I have ever been to. Originally, I was told that it was more of a job fair, and that it was at 7PM-10PM. then the day of, I was told it was actually from 6:30PM- 10PM. I didn't get the message until I was off from my other job, so I was not able to call back and confirm. I was happy that I was able to get there at 6:20; in my opinion 10 minutes is the good early, and not so early you creep out the person at the front desk.
    Apparently not... there were already a lot of people there, I was literally one of the last ones to arrive.
    They put a name tag on all the applicants and have you fill out a form with basic interview style questions on a small desk with 2 computers on it. Then they have you make a WIX website and the employees interact with you during that.

I thought that was cool to be able to talk with the employees, but between the conversations and building a website, (three things at once) I had to prioritize those, and I was unable to finish all of the written questions.

Then they had us go to another room where they had food and drinks. (this was at about 7:30)
    I felt like this was a pizza break? I still had my mind on the stuff I had been working on in the previous room. I had started what I thought would be a light conversation with another applicant, and after a minute was just trying to be polite because she was telling me lots of TMI (too much information!) kind of things. Once I had managed to get toward a conversation with different people, the employees started handing out this slip of paper which asked you to pick two people you would want to be stuck with on a desert island and why. One has to be an applicant and one has to be an employee at WIX. I was not really sure what that is about, but then they collected the papers and asked us to leave! Ugh. I am terrible with names, so I was only able to put the ones I remembered.. kind of gave silly answers too, but it is a silly question I suppose.

In hind sight, I realize they were watching us during what I thought was a break, trying to see how we interact with others.
    I was sad I got cornered into a random conversation, how unfortunate! Not trying to sound rude with this... I am not sure if this is necessarily the best way to gauge a person's capabilities. I had only brief interactions with the employees, who were all pleasant, but not anything directed at me, personally, and what I can offer in a specific work kind of situation. That's too bad, because I can really get behind the concept of this company, and combine that with the fact I have loads of customer service skills.

If I'm being observed/ tested on something, I think it is impolite to not make that apparent.

I didn't get a call from them, just an email that thanked me for my time but saying they weren't interested.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wix in October 2013.

Applied online, contacted via e-mail in 7-10 days for a short (10 min) phone interview. E-mail from recruiter is, well, interesting - no punctuations, ENTER is the new period. Okay...

Went in for a 1:2 interview: tell us about yourself, why you want to work here, describe your experiences per job role. They asked a question that they shouldn't have asked in the U.S, otherwise, standard; I believe I did well.

They were still interviewing, and I got one e-mail from same recruiter that I'd know by end-of-week. I followed up at decent time intervals, and never heard back - not a rejection, either - from recruiter or company. Subpar communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wix.

Job Fair, invited back for a second job fair and then an interview with the HR person.

Interview Questions
    • During the first two job fairs I met with current Customer Service Reps. You spend the job fair using the product and the reps come around to help with questions and get to know you. Really they are trying to see if you are a good fit for the culture - laid back, patient and open.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wix.

Starts off with a phone interview, then you will be invited to a job fair. They make the job fair a social event; with a number of current employees walking around getting a feel for prospects.
    The biggest thing they want to see is how well you get along with everyone, as well as being able to pick up basic internet protocols. Personality wins ultimately.

After the fair all the current employees in attendance meet up and rate all the prospects. They discuss things like: who was weird, who was cute, who was funny, who was stuck up, who asked too many questions, who doesn't know their way around a browser, etc. Not scientific, just act cool and know in advance how to use the Wix platform.

Interview Questions
    • They will have you sit in front of a computer and watch you build a website using the Wix platform.   View Answer
    No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wix in September 2013.

They call for technical interview -- and meeting happened with HR around 1 hour,will ask all general questions and also ask to fill their Questionnaire which is meant mainly for customer service people. Total wastage of time. They could have done this over phone or skype. One should not waste people's time.

Worked for Wix? Contribute to the Community!