Wm Morrison Supermarkets

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.2

M-Local Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

Applied on the M Local website, a few weeks later I was contacted over the phone by Manpower the agency that Morrisons hire to recruit. They conducted a phone interview asking about my feelings about 'fresh produce' , things to do in my local area, what does good customer service mean to me.

They then said I had passed the interview and was invited to an interview in store, this was a group interview. There was around 15 people and we were put into teams of 3-4 and someone from morrisons was placed at the table with each group taking notes and talking to you throughout the interview. We they had three tasks, the firsts was to make something out of 4 straws and a toilet paper roll so you could drop an egg from head height, the second was us asking questions to each other off a sheet most were about the local area and food, We then got given a card with a prospective shopper and there was around 30 cards on the table of different items in morrisons we then had to go through what we would say and recommend to the customer.

After that it was done and we left, I was contacted a couple of weeks later offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably what do I do to get involved with the local community   Answer Question
    Offered the job, no negotiation on wage, had the choice between different amount of hours and different times of day.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tewkesbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in May 2013.

Interview was fine. Though i had to ring the store just over 2 weeks after my interview and see if i had been offered a job. this was because the personell manager was away

Interview Questions
    • choose a product and sell it to a customer   View Answer
    fine

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hinckley, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in September 2010.

basic questions, why do you want the job? how do you think you could benefit the company? have you got any previous experience? how would you travel to work?

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

You tend to wait a lot on Personnel manager, who aren't always profressional in my experience. They will keep people waiting, begin late, and forget paperwork. However, the managers(HR and otherwise) who conduct the interviews will be informal to help nerves and most commonly have years of experience in their fields.

Produce Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

it was easy

Produce Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wrexham, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrexham, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in September 2011.

Collected application form from the store, applied for the position. Been called for a personal interview in which they asked about some basic questions about me. As well as checked the selling ability and customer service level by asking to sell a product. It was fun, enjoyed it.

Checkout Operator Interview

I sent in my application and did not even have an interview although this is because I knew the HR manager previously. I had an induction within 2 weeks and was working for them within 3 weeks.

There is no negotiating for this position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barry, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barry, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

2 weeks to confirm from day of interview I had the job

Straight forward

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in October 2012.

you have a brief chat with a hr manager then if you are sucessful you have a telephone interview if they belive you match there criteria then you will be asked for a face to face interview with a hr manager and the general manager

Sales Assistant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in October 2009.

After submitting an application form I was invited to attend a 1:1 interview in which I was asked why I wanted the job. I was also asked what I thought I would bring to the role and the company itself.

After the interview I was told I had been successful over the phone a few days later. I was then invited to attend a two day induction process. This involved being health and safety trained, watching company videos, learning about the role and filling out personal information for wages etc.

This two day induction was paid. The first 13 weeks of employment are a 'trial period'. If it turns out you are not suitable for the job you may be asked to change role or be let go. If you stay you receive a slight wage increase.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wm Morrison Supermarkets? Contribute to the Community!