Wm Morrison Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.3

Colleague Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in September 2014.

After completing the application and handing it in store I had a phone call the day after requesting an interview. It was 1:1 (I wasn't told any information) and I had to bring my passport, NI number, Birth Certificate and proof of where I live with copies. I had to fill in 3 forms, one being a declarative form to get a background check, the other checking where I can work and finally the IMPORTANT part, I had to tick what applies to me, e.g I am naturally positive, I enjoy helping people.

Afterwards the interviewer went through each one and I had to give an example and expand. which again I found difficult then I confirmed the hours I can work and now am waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • The part what I found difficult is that I had to select a product and sell the product to them with no information given,   Answer Question

M-Local Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

Applied on the M Local website, a few weeks later I was contacted over the phone by Manpower the agency that Morrisons hire to recruit. They conducted a phone interview asking about my feelings about 'fresh produce' , things to do in my local area, what does good customer service mean to me.

They then said I had passed the interview and was invited to an interview in store, this was a group interview. There was around 15 people and we were put into teams of 3-4 and someone from morrisons was placed at the table with each group taking notes and talking to you throughout the interview. We they had three tasks, the firsts was to make something out of 4 straws and a toilet paper roll so you could drop an egg from head height, the second was us asking questions to each other off a sheet most were about the local area and food, We then got given a card with a prospective shopper and there was around 30 cards on the table of different items in morrisons we then had to go through what we would say and recommend to the customer.

After that it was done and we left, I was contacted a couple of weeks later offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably what do I do to get involved with the local community   Answer Question
    Offered the job, no negotiation on wage, had the choice between different amount of hours and different times of day.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

You tend to wait a lot on Personnel manager, who aren't always profressional in my experience. They will keep people waiting, begin late, and forget paperwork. However, the managers(HR and otherwise) who conduct the interviews will be informal to help nerves and most commonly have years of experience in their fields.

Produce Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

it was easy

Checkout Operator Interview

I sent in my application and did not even have an interview although this is because I knew the HR manager previously. I had an induction within 2 weeks and was working for them within 3 weeks.

There is no negotiating for this position.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in January 2014.

After filling in an application form, I was called for a group interview. There were around 30 people and we were split into smaller groups. There were then 3 tasks to do:
    1) Each group had to work together to build a tower out of paper and Sellotape
    2) You had to select a face down card and sell the item of food shown to the rest of the group for 1-2 minutes.
    3) Another set of face down cards showing different services offered by the supermarket. We had to talk about the service on our card and could offer our opinions on others'.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barry, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barry, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

2 weeks to confirm from day of interview I had the job

Straight forward

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in May 2013.

Interview was fine. Though i had to ring the store just over 2 weeks after my interview and see if i had been offered a job. this was because the personell manager was away

Interview Questions
    • choose a product and sell it to a customer   View Answer
    fine

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in October 2012.

you have a brief chat with a hr manager then if you are sucessful you have a telephone interview if they belive you match there criteria then you will be asked for a face to face interview with a hr manager and the general manager

Produce Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrexham, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrexham, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets in September 2011.

Collected application form from the store, applied for the position. Been called for a personal interview in which they asked about some basic questions about me. As well as checked the selling ability and customer service level by asking to sell a product. It was fun, enjoyed it.