Wolseley Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wolseley

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wolseley (Charlotte, NC) in October 2008.

Interview

One on one interview. Given a tour of the facilities. Overall pretty easy

Management Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wolseley in April 2007.

Interview

Met the company at a job fair where there was a pre-screen with HR. After that there was a 1:1 with Regional HR and a reference check. After that there was a 1:1 with Market-level management and finally a 1:1 with District Manager.

Open email communication with the regional HR manager that I was working with.

Perceptions were good, everyone was a straight-shooter and there weren't any of the 'interview games'.

As with any job interview -- be confident, be prepared, prove that you want it.

Interview Questions

• How will you gain respect from people in the industry considering you have no experience in it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate relocation costs -- the company already had a decent package but the tailored it a bit for my specific needs.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wolseley in July 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales associate position at a showroom. The interview was held with the regional manager and the showroom manager. They asked me general questions, what would make you a good sales associate? can you handle high stress situations? etc. Then it moved on to more of an explanation of salary and commission. Would you be fine with commission making up part of your salary? etc.

Received an offer the next day and accepted.