Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was relatively painless with a few standard Job history and years of experience, education, and a few technical questions. There is the initial phone screening to determine if you are a fit for the position. You will get called for a date to come on site. You start with human resources to get briefed, then with the hiring manager and the reports. The final stage was with the reporting manager's manager. Many of the questions evaluated your thought process in dealing with a particular challenge, situation, or setup of a given system configuration.

Interview Questions

• Interview started with background questions on the previous job experience to start the conversation. Technical questions covered a few commands focused on accessing a typical system and followed with a candidate's step by steps approach to troubleshooting a web application. Some of the questions touched on upcoming projects to see how a database server would be setup and configured to evaluate your organization and thought process.   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Met the company representatives at University Career Fair and they really liked me so I had short interview with the manager. Their representatives and the recruiting manager are all very nice. No touch questions. After about 2 weeks I had onsite interview. Talked with more managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?
      Do you have experience in using any tax software?
      What your friend would say about you
      What your supervisor would say about you
      What your supervisor would want you to change

Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Got an email from one of the recruiter of the company for scheduling phone screen interview. Phone interview was good, Normal questions on resume and experience. Interview went on for about 30 minutes with all discussion on resume and past experience. Recruiter told me that the hiring manager would contact within a week. Since then not even a single response came either from recruiter or hiring manager. It has been a month with the interview and has been emailing them for the response every week. But still no luck..!!

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

The interviewing process was quick and straight forward. I initially got an email to schedule an interview with the HR Manager over the phone, then went on to interview with several other Senior Directors and VPs. All of my interviews were over the phone.

I received an offer about 1 month after the initial contact! Overall a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to take this job, what would be your plan of action to make things work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed, the offer was more than I expected, and the benefits were outstanding.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process. There were two phone screens and then a series of three in person interview sessions. Each with multiple people. Overall, from initial contact from HR it took three months before I received an offer.

Many interviewers appeared to recruited at the last minute. They were unprepared and resulted in a few awkward sessions. However, it was a good opportunity to find out more about them and their experience at the compnay.

Negotiation

I had been informed by the hiring manager the range for the position and her expectations regarding. Therefore, I was surprised to be low balled. I countered at the verbally agreed to salary and it was accepted. The negotiation was uncomfortable and not the best way to begin a new relationship.

SAP Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was basic, review work history, skills, process for a project. Length of time about an hour. I sent written thank yous, emailed the recruiter. They said it would be 2 to 3 weeks, I emailed the recruiter during this time, it took about 5 weeks to learn the results and only after I contacted them, poorly structured and I thought very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your roles in your past 3 jobs, explain to us about a conflict with another employee and what you did to overcome it, explain a project that you were on what steps you took.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Corporate recruitment phone screen....followed by interview with hiring manager.....Follow up interview with senior rep and final phone interview with director of sales. The process was roughly about a week long, give or take.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a specific time you were successful in closing a sale and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Started off offering a certain amount and came back lower. Negotiated back to original amount.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer in August 2014.

Interview

For phone interview, I waited about 30 min to receive a call from interviewer and provided with a steps to get in to a conference call. Even this was unappropriated since it required to download some app on your smart phone. Interviewer had very heavy accent where I had to keep ask to repeat the question several times.

Interview Questions

• Though position is for a OOP, questions were heavily focused on database, DC and servers. Questions were asked in such an abroad way where it was hard to understand the main focus especially with interviewer with heavy accent   Answer Question

Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

Have been referred to many jobs at Wolters Kluwer. Always the same - go through filling out lengthy online app and uploading resume. I get call from contract recruiter, set up phone interview. Always told that they will be speaking with hiring manager and will get back to me about next round interviews. Every single time I hear back 4-6 weeks after initial phone interview that they decided to go with internal candidate. Not sure if this is the 'excuse' used to cut the list, or if they really are only promoting from within. If that's the case, why drag someone through the process - screen internal candidates first.

Junior Copy Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After an email from an out-of-state recruiter, I had set up an interview. There was no communication with the actual office I was interviewing with before or after the interview even though I had reached out/followed up. Then, the recruiter began to ignore me after I followed up. I never even received an automated email about the position. It left an awful taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions - often about items on my resume. I recommend knowing your resume backwards and forwards.   Answer Question