Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Setup interview time. Resume overview with the recruiter. Interview call - Basic call that was made to the candidate Haven't heard back from them in 2 weeks..Given a broad overview of the role and responsibilities.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Initially contacted by company recruiter for some initial profile info and then set up for face-to-face interview. There was no telephone interview. But that was probably because I was local. Interview was set up as individual face-to-face with two Directors, Product Management. About 1-hour for each interview.

Interview Questions

• Very good product management questions. How do you a survey a product; pricing decisions, market analysis.   Answer Question

Customer Account/Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

Got an email asking for a phone interview within days of applying through a job board. The recruiter had to reschedule our call the morning of our call at 6:24am after confirming our call yesterday. One of her first questions to me was "What year did you graduate from high school?" which is highly unprofessional and not an appropriate question to ask unless the job requirement had minimum age to work but clearly my resume shows I am a college graduate. The purpose of this age related question was unnecessary, regardless of the fact the office is looking for a "mature" individual according to the recruiter. Then when she noticed I was clearly upset by the question she said if I thought I was old than she was "ancient". Other than that, she could not answer any of my questions like the expectations for the role, how performance is measured, and how customer satisfaction is measured. They claim they believe in work/life balance but the role is outside of normal business hours so if you have a child in preschool and need to pick them up within pick up cut-off times of most facilities you won't make it unless you are fortunate enough to hire a nanny or have family in town; they were hiring for an 10-6pm and 11-7pm opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate high school? Why did you leave your current position?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Madison, WI).

Interview

I applied on Simplyhired and heard from the recruiter within 2 days. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was brought in for an interview with the hiring manager and one other manager in the company. I heard back the next day with an offer.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed with UpToDate, a division of Walters Kluwer, company located Waltham, MA. They invited me to an on site interview and after the interview, the HR person never followed up with me. I sent a follow up email to the recruiter and never heard back. This speaks very poorly about the company's culture. I understand that I was not selected, but I am really disappointed that no one bothered to even send an email. Would not recommend interviewing with a company who does't respect potential employee's time and effort invested in the interviewing process.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I learned about this opportunity through a staffing agency/recruiter. The recruiter interviewed me on the phone and asked me many detailed questions such as what my current job is and what skills/knowledge I can bring to Wolters Kluwer. My first interview was an office interview with two tax directors. The second and the final interview was with the VP of Tax.

Interview Questions

• What software skills do I have? If I am familiar with PivotTables and CorpTax? Where do I see myself in 5 years? What is my understanding of the company? Why do I want to leave my current job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

Phone interview then a sit down with 3 people sepertaly, talk alot about past experience and how will you fit in. And if you have expireceived selling to law firms

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not rooom.for.negotiate

Director, Knowledge & Learning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, phone interview with HR Manager, phone interview with hiring manager, face-to-face interview with hiring manager, phone interview with global VP. The recruiter was simply AMAZING. She kept in complete communication throughout the entire process. What a great first impression.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions about my background. The entire process felt more like a conversation instead of interrogation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter asked me what compensation I would like to get. She shared the salary range and asked me what would make me happy and ready to accept as an offer. It was very clear and with no hidden agenda.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Irving, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted 4 hours with various groups. The groups varied from technical to team lead to the manager. Started with the technical questions, then solving a problem on board, then show an understanding of OOP by drawing objects and relations on board and then finally interview with the team lead/manager.

Interview Questions

• - C#/.NET Related Questions - OOP Questions - Asked to write a program to check if a word is "Palindrome"   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in April 2015.

Interview

I applied to WK for senior professional position. Yesterday they contacted me to schedule a phone interview. They also asked about my salary requirements. I a range that is the average in my city for this position. Next morning I was waiting for the call for 15 minutes. When I got to my desk I wrote the recruiter, assuming something came out the very last minute and she couldn’t get in touch with me. No answer to it either. Then I started worry that something happened to her, maybe she got a stomach flu or water pipe in her house burst out. No naïve of me. Later in the afternoon she finally wrote me back, that she didn’t bother to contact me, because my salary requirements were too high. In fact, what they can offer financially would be right for junior position. But their post reads Senior. With lots of requirements. Poor customer service. Simple, poor manners! Now I wish she really she gets stomach flu with huge diarrhea!

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations were not posted along with the job description.   Answer Question