Wolters Kluwer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in May 2014.

Interview Details – Ad-hoc and poorly managed from Senior Management.
Co-ordinators were good. But management was disorganized.
Management had no sense of asking questions. Interviewers need training in the art of taking interviews.
Junior staff promoted to senior level without calibrations. Too many chiefs and higher designations diluting the entire hierarchy

Interview Question – No strategic questions. Only ad-hoc questions and more about the frustrations in the company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not sure about the culture of the company.
Very personalized and favorites recruitment. Emphasis is not on strategic direction but tactical resolution only. Would have reduced my IQ level.

Junior Copy Writer Interview

Junior Copy Writer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview Details – After an email from an out-of-state recruiter, I had set up an interview. There was no communication with the actual office I was interviewing with before or after the interview even though I had reached out/followed up. Then, the recruiter began to ignore me after I followed up. I never even received an automated email about the position. It left an awful taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – Very basic questions - often about items on my resume. I recommend knowing your resume backwards and forwards.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Wolters Kluwer

Interview Details – Hired through university. One round of interview with emphasis on technical skills. Hiring process was pretty smooth with a good pay for an Intern.The job description was not very clear initially. The expectation was to put on multiple hats.

Interview Question – Need to be strong with technical skills.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Sales Representative Interview

Field Sales Representative

Interviewed at Wolters Kluwer

Interview Details – Was told there are anywhere from 5-7 interviews - 1 phone interview is mostly informational with internal recruiter, 1 is face to face with district manager, 2-3 are phone interviews with other district managers from other regions, then face to face with VP of sales.

Interview Question – Phone interviews were nothing out of ordinary, 'what makes you a good fit, why have you been successful, how do you describe yourself'. "Transformation" going on at company, lots of veteran reps have left, others cut.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Researcher

Interviewed at Wolters Kluwer

Interview Details – One interview with a couple employees around 30 minutes long and received an offer within the same day. They asked a lot of open ended questions but overall kept kept the environment very relaxed. Went through and explained a little about what the company does and parts of the job role.

Interview Question – How would you handle constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in February 2011.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews plus one face-to-face over several weeks. Hiring manager was not able to make the decision and final word was relayed by HR with the paperwork. Manger followed up the same day.

Interview Question – "At what point in your life were you the most happy?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told by hiring manager that all went well. HR person followed up 2 weeks later with an offer letter.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in March 2013.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview and then an in the office interview. The interviewer was the manager who hired me. She was professional and she used behavioral questions. She was well versed in my resume and knew my qualifications. She had been with the company for a long time and knew what was needed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a contract position. She offered me an hourly rate and I accepted it. The initial referral was from an agency and she had already negotiated the rate with the agency.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in April 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process was very smooth and comfortable. The interview was scheduled via email and the interviewer met me on time and made me really comfortable. The questions were general like tell me about yourself to begin with and eventually a few technical questions related to opening. Interviewed by several people in the office.

Interview Question – Basic data analysis questions, based on a case study.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview Details – I had a great interview with two editors.

Interview Question – Why would I want to have a drink with you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview Details – HR interview Hiring Manager Interview

Interview Question – Sell me a pencil   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wolters Kluwer

Worked for Wolters Kluwer? Contribute to the Community!

Wolters Kluwer Videos

Wolters Kluwer – Why Work for Us?

Wolters Kluwer - When you have to be right ​​​ ​​Customers We serve professionals in the legal, tax, finance, and healthcare markets in over 150 countries​​ ​​Markets​ Legal, business, tax… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wolters Kluwer interview questions and advice. All 91 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wolters Kluwer employees and interview candidates.