Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
92 interviews

2.9

Production Editor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Have been referred to many jobs at Wolters Kluwer. Always the same - go through filling out lengthy online app and uploading resume. I get call from contract recruiter, set up phone interview. Always told that they will be speaking with hiring manager and will get back to me about next round interviews. Every single time I hear back 4-6 weeks after initial phone interview that they decided to go with internal candidate. Not sure if this is the 'excuse' used to cut the list, or if they really are only promoting from within. If that's the case, why drag someone through the process - screen internal candidates first.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in May 2014.

Ad-hoc and poorly managed from Senior Management.
    Co-ordinators were good. But management was disorganized.
    Management had no sense of asking questions. Interviewers need training in the art of taking interviews.
    Junior staff promoted to senior level without calibrations. Too many chiefs and higher designations diluting the entire hierarchy

Interview Questions
    • No strategic questions. Only ad-hoc questions and more about the frustrations in the company   Answer Question

Not sure about the culture of the company.
    Very personalized and favorites recruitment. Emphasis is not on strategic direction but tactical resolution only. Would have reduced my IQ level.

Junior Copy Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

After an email from an out-of-state recruiter, I had set up an interview. There was no communication with the actual office I was interviewing with before or after the interview even though I had reached out/followed up. Then, the recruiter began to ignore me after I followed up. I never even received an automated email about the position. It left an awful taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions - often about items on my resume. I recommend knowing your resume backwards and forwards.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Hired through university. One round of interview with emphasis on technical skills. Hiring process was pretty smooth with a good pay for an Intern.The job description was not very clear initially. The expectation was to put on multiple hats.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Was told there are anywhere from 5-7 interviews - 1 phone interview is mostly informational with internal recruiter, 1 is face to face with district manager, 2-3 are phone interviews with other district managers from other regions, then face to face with VP of sales.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interviews were nothing out of ordinary, 'what makes you a good fit, why have you been successful, how do you describe yourself'. "Transformation" going on at company, lots of veteran reps have left, others cut.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

One interview with a couple employees around 30 minutes long and received an offer within the same day. They asked a lot of open ended questions but overall kept kept the environment very relaxed. Went through and explained a little about what the company does and parts of the job role.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in February 2011.

Several phone interviews plus one face-to-face over several weeks. Hiring manager was not able to make the decision and final word was relayed by HR with the paperwork. Manger followed up the same day.

Interview Questions
    Was told by hiring manager that all went well. HR person followed up 2 weeks later with an offer letter.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in March 2013.

First there was a phone interview and then an in the office interview. The interviewer was the manager who hired me. She was professional and she used behavioral questions. She was well versed in my resume and knew my qualifications. She had been with the company for a long time and knew what was needed.

Interview Questions
    It was a contract position. She offered me an hourly rate and I accepted it. The initial referral was from an agency and she had already negotiated the rate with the agency.

Summer Intern Interview

interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in April 2014.

The entire process was very smooth and comfortable. The interview was scheduled via email and the interviewer met me on time and made me really comfortable. The questions were general like tell me about yourself to begin with and eventually a few technical questions related to opening. Interviewed by several people in the office.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

I had a great interview with two editors.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wolters Kluwer? Contribute to the Community!