Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer in August 2014.

For phone interview, I waited about 30 min to receive a call from interviewer and provided with a steps to get in to a conference call. Even this was unappropriated since it required to download some app on your smart phone. Interviewer had very heavy accent where I had to keep ask to repeat the question several times.

Interview Questions
    • Though position is for a OOP, questions were heavily focused on database, DC and servers. Questions were asked in such an abroad way where it was hard to understand the main focus especially with interviewer with heavy accent   Answer Question

Production Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Have been referred to many jobs at Wolters Kluwer. Always the same - go through filling out lengthy online app and uploading resume. I get call from contract recruiter, set up phone interview. Always told that they will be speaking with hiring manager and will get back to me about next round interviews. Every single time I hear back 4-6 weeks after initial phone interview that they decided to go with internal candidate. Not sure if this is the 'excuse' used to cut the list, or if they really are only promoting from within. If that's the case, why drag someone through the process - screen internal candidates first.

Junior Copy Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

After an email from an out-of-state recruiter, I had set up an interview. There was no communication with the actual office I was interviewing with before or after the interview even though I had reached out/followed up. Then, the recruiter began to ignore me after I followed up. I never even received an automated email about the position. It left an awful taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions - often about items on my resume. I recommend knowing your resume backwards and forwards.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Hired through university. One round of interview with emphasis on technical skills. Hiring process was pretty smooth with a good pay for an Intern.The job description was not very clear initially. The expectation was to put on multiple hats.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Was told there are anywhere from 5-7 interviews - 1 phone interview is mostly informational with internal recruiter, 1 is face to face with district manager, 2-3 are phone interviews with other district managers from other regions, then face to face with VP of sales.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interviews were nothing out of ordinary, 'what makes you a good fit, why have you been successful, how do you describe yourself'. "Transformation" going on at company, lots of veteran reps have left, others cut.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

One interview with a couple employees around 30 minutes long and received an offer within the same day. They asked a lot of open ended questions but overall kept kept the environment very relaxed. Went through and explained a little about what the company does and parts of the job role.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer in May 2014.

Ad-hoc and poorly managed from Senior Management.
    Co-ordinators were good. But management was disorganized.
    Management had no sense of asking questions. Interviewers need training in the art of taking interviews.
    Junior staff promoted to senior level without calibrations. Too many chiefs and higher designations diluting the entire hierarchy

Interview Questions
    • No strategic questions. Only ad-hoc questions and more about the frustrations in the company   Answer Question

Not sure about the culture of the company.
    Very personalized and favorites recruitment. Emphasis is not on strategic direction but tactical resolution only. Would have reduced my IQ level.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

I had a great interview with two editors.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

HR interview Hiring Manager Interview

Summer Intern Interview

interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in April 2014.

The entire process was very smooth and comfortable. The interview was scheduled via email and the interviewer met me on time and made me really comfortable. The questions were general like tell me about yourself to begin with and eventually a few technical questions related to opening. Interviewed by several people in the office.