Wolverine Trading

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Software Engineer Interview

QA Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wolverine Trading in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview a few days I applied. Answered basic C++ questions (what's an operator, what's a virtual function, etc). Did well on phone interview so they gave me an online aptitude test. Finished it but did not move further on.

Interview Question – How do you insert an item into an already sorted linked list while keeping it sorted?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Urbana, IL

Interviewed at Wolverine Trading

Interview Details – Went to a career fair and got an interview. The interview was a little behavioral, but mostly technical in nature. The interview was in-person.

Interview Question – The question was just a singly linked list insertion into a sorted list, with the requirement to keep it sorted.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview Details – Met at career fair and scheduled for a 30 minute on-site interview a few days later. The interview was very brief with going over the resume and went right into a technical question. I got nervous and wrote very messy code, but the interviewer was nice enough to guide me through and give hints.

Interview Question – How to insert a node into a sorted link list   Answer Question

Trader Associate Interview

Trader Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wolverine Trading in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview at school campus after EOC

Interview Question – What is the probability of getting a full house after picking out 5 cards from a full deck?
What is the delta of an option at strike price?
You have a rubiks cube that is 10x10 and you dip it in red ink. What is the number of cubes that have not been tainted by the paint?
Add up your phone number, divide it by 5 and square the value.
Can you tell me what is the expected value of the sum of 2 dice that are rolled simultaneously?

The questions were fairly challenging but not hard if you practice conditional probability or work through heard on the street or other books like that. Interviewer was fair and helped me through some problems. No offer.
  Answer Question

Trading Associate Interview

Trading Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview Details – Had a 30 minute phone interview. I was asked a few straight-forward behavioral questions, some questions on options (had listed experience with options on resume), and some brainteasers. He helped a bit with the brainteasers, but being my first phone interview, I was a bit nervous and didn't do great.

Interview Question – You roll a 8-sided dice and get the same number of dollars as the number rolled. The game has a fair value of $4.5. How would you price an option that gives you the opportunity to re-roll?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wolverine Trading in February 2013.

Interview Details – Short personality interview. Followed by a couple of interviews by developers. They then gave a programming problem for you to program on their computer.
Was a long and grueling process.
Seemed like a really nice place to work-people seemed genuinely happy.

Interview Question – The programming challenge was very detailed and difficult.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview Details – there was an interview at my college campus, then oncampus @ wolverine interview,

Interview Question – given n, find the largest palindrone from 1 to n^2   Answer Question

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

New Grad Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview Details – (Note, I am still in the interview process) I talked to a Wolverine rep at a campus career fair. 1.5 weeks later they contacted me to set up an initial phone screen. My interviewer was easy to talk to and sounded like a young guy that was very personable. After exchanging pleasantries he asked me a couple questions about my school/internship experience, then got into the technical questions.

Interview Question – The majority of the phone screen was rapid-fire technical questions; general cs knowledge questions that had straightforward answers. The first several were about data structures--properties of arrays, linked lists, hash tables, and what scenarios each are useful for. Then a few object oriented design questions (touched on the major concepts--polymorphism, inheritance/abstraction, data encapsulation, overriding/overloading). Asked about difference between process and thread.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wolverine Trading.

Interview Details – Interview was done in a one to three settings. Questions were very direct and challenging. Many references to 'Why' do I want to work at Wolve Trading

Interview Question – Explain my history with Fix protocol.   View Answer

Summer Software Engineer Intern Interview

Summer Software Engineer Intern
Chicago, IL

Interview Details – Lots of OOP-concepts and data structures questions (i.e., difference between pass by value and pass by reference, what is the underlying structure of the Set abstraction in C++, what is the difference between lookup in a Vector and lookup in a Set, how would you pass an object by reference when you don't want it modified in the called function, advantages of linked lists, difference between vectors and linked lists, how you would insert a node in a doubly linked list). This was a phone interview. Lasted for about an hour, just a rapid-fire round of technical questions and questions about my past work. Interviewer was very nice and encouraging.

Interview Question – Difference between pointers and references.   Answer Question

Worked for Wolverine Trading? Contribute to the Community!