Wolverine World Wide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.9

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide (Rockford, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by a Skype interview with a manager. I was flown to their headquarters for an in person interview with several people from the company. After being interviewed 1:1 by several people I had to give a presentation to a group.

Interview Questions

• How would you bring in customers who would not typically go to a running specialty store?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career fair through my university. Applied for the position in the weeks after, was brought in for an interview with the recruiter and two members of the team I would be working on. I was called later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were up against a deadline and had to choose between delivering less-than stellar work, and turning in something great but late.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wolverine World Wide.

Interview

I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview for the position. I never received a call during the time and date that they requested. So I called and emailed the person who I was supposed to have the interview with. An hour later I received an email back saying that he/she was busy and will talk about rescheduling another interview tomorrow. I never heard back from the person. Their loss.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Store Manager interviews with District Regional and VP of company (may have changed) ASM interview with SM and DM all other positions depend on District Manager but most just with SM.
    The process was long for me because I was an Assistant Store Manager acting as the Store Manager so their was no rush for them to fill the position. I think it was a sort of performance test and since the store did very well that quarter I was offered the job. The phone interviews lasted 30-60 minutes depending on how chatty the interviewer was.

Interview Questions

• Typical Retail manager questions - they look for someone who can grow with the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered what I asked for, which made me feel like I should have asked for more.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide (Rockford, MI).

Interview

The process was very laid back. It helps a great deal to know someone within or connected to the company somehow. It also helps a great deal to have experience in the footwear industry. Otherwise, it was a very low-pressure interview with HR, then interviews with multiple people in management which were even more laid back. This may not be true for every single brand within Wolverine Worldwide. Each brand is run slightly differently, but the overall company culture is still quite laid back.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick a position listed on my resume and describe the most fulfilling experience I had there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any real negotiating around salary. There seems to be a pretty standard amount for this position in the company. If you prove yourself and move up, there may be more negotiation around commission rates for the full-on regional reps.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied in may and didn't get a call for an interview until august. I went into the store and did a pre-interview screening. Then when I went in for my scheduled interview, the store manager was out of the store conducting a different interview who showed up at the wrong time. So we rescheduled and we sat and interview the next day. A week later. I had heard nothing so I called and got a phone interview scheduled with the store manager in San Diego. After than we just waited on a back ground check and formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest accomplishments at work? What would you do to reduced employee turn over? How would you promote employee development?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was upfront with everyone about my current pay and my inability to leave for less. Honesty works in your favor if you are a good enough candidate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. I had a short phone interview with HR. Followed by a scheduled interview with the general manager of sales. After that I received a call a few days later and was told that they were deciding between me and one other candidate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview consisted of the basic questions regarding work history, duties of responsibility, why I wanted to work for Merrell, and my availability as well as an overview of company expectations, goals, and responsibilities of desired position.

Internship Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an HR manager. We set up a telephone interview where I was asked basic questions about my academics and prior work experience. We just walked through my resume. Then I was asked to interview on-site. I met with a few different people in the department in which I was applying to work for.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you get your inspiration?" - I had never been asked this question in an interview before.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2011.

Interview

I had to interview with 4 different people for a store manager position. The District Manager, Regional Manager, Human Resources and the VP of Operations in addition to completing a criminal background check. The overall process took over 4 weeks and in between interviews was little to no communication from anyone. If you are in need of an immediate position this is not the place to interview with. All parties who interview you then sit in on a joint conference call to discuss you and if you are a suitable candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was you impression of the store when you went in it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You had the opportunity when talking to HR to ask for a specific dollar amount but there was no room for negotiation.