Wolverine World Wide

2.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide.

I applied in may and didn't get a call for an interview until august. I went into the store and did a pre-interview screening. Then when I went in for my scheduled interview, the store manager was out of the store conducting a different interview who showed up at the wrong time. So we rescheduled and we sat and interview the next day. A week later. I had heard nothing so I called and got a phone interview scheduled with the store manager in San Diego. After than we just waited on a back ground check and formal job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your greatest accomplishments at work? What would you do to reduced employee turn over? How would you promote employee development?   Answer Question
    I was upfront with everyone about my current pay and my inability to leave for less. Honesty works in your favor if you are a good enough candidate.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide.

I applied online on the company website. I had a short phone interview with HR. Followed by a scheduled interview with the general manager of sales. After that I received a call a few days later and was told that they were deciding between me and one other candidate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide.

Interview consisted of the basic questions regarding work history, duties of responsibility, why I wanted to work for Merrell, and my availability as well as an overview of company expectations, goals, and responsibilities of desired position.

Internship Interview

I was contacted by an HR manager. We set up a telephone interview where I was asked basic questions about my academics and prior work experience. We just walked through my resume. Then I was asked to interview on-site. I met with a few different people in the department in which I was applying to work for.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you get your inspiration?" - I had never been asked this question in an interview before.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide in March 2011.

I had to interview with 4 different people for a store manager position. The District Manager, Regional Manager, Human Resources and the VP of Operations in addition to completing a criminal background check. The overall process took over 4 weeks and in between interviews was little to no communication from anyone. If you are in need of an immediate position this is not the place to interview with. All parties who interview you then sit in on a joint conference call to discuss you and if you are a suitable candidate for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was you impression of the store when you went in it?   Answer Question
    You had the opportunity when talking to HR to ask for a specific dollar amount but there was no room for negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide in January 2010.

You have a series of phone interviews it takes about three months and you talk to each one in the company include the VP.

They don't negotiate

Fitting Stitcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide in October 2009.

Started off through a temp service. Was asked if I could stand on my feet for up to 12 hours, do repetitive work, and if i could sew.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide in June 2009.

I worked for WWW for 25 years and 13 of those as a DM. Because I had 12 years as a store manager I only interviewed with the current RM and the President of the Retail Division. Currently you interview with 2 Regional Managers and HR Manager.

Interview Questions
    • You will need to explain KPI's along with your leadership in your store groups(Key Performance Indicators) and how they related to your previous job and your success in this area,   View Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide in May 2009.

Load balance, multiple threads, and Java EE structure. Performance issue and UX question. How to handle 1 million transactions in short time. E-commerce question and paypal, credit card control. Spring framework.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wolverine World Wide in May 2009.

Interview process was quite standard with most corporate interviews. Start with phone interview from HR, followed by phone with hiring manager, then they bring you onsite for panel interview with the entire team. Overall nothing negative with the interview process. Straight forward and they were timely in turnaround with the entire process.

NA