Wood Group Mustang Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.4

Senior Technical Professional Interview

Interview

Already working in the London offices. Relocated to the US and started working with same company. It was mere conversation and familiarization . With some technical discussions on my past experiences. It was more of narrating the past projects I worked on and the roles I played.

Project Controls Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX).

Interview

Referral by existing employee who was well respected. Initial interview was casual. No technical questions or questions regarding work experience. Mustang values the opinion of existing employees who are good performers and referred candidates are not as thoroughly vetted as someone who submitted a resume through a job board or who is an unknown.

Interview Questions

• very casual interview due to referral of existing empoyee   Answer Question

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wood Group Mustang.

Interview

One group interview with VP and engineering Directors. Very little questions but lots of explanation about company and services. I followed with many technical and HR-type questions for them which helped a lot.

Interview Questions

I accepted a better offer at a different company.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Did interview through a hiring conference. Then brought on site to meet additional people. Answered a few standard questions, then they spent most of the time answering my questions about the company and the work. Come prepared with good questions.

Interview Questions

Offer from a different company that was more in line with what I wanted to do. However in hindsight I probably should have went with Mustang. They seem like a great company and everyone I met was awesome.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

An employee referral landed me an interview with 2 mechanical engineering managers.

I was able to interact with a lot of other engineers at the company through my contact there, and I really enjoyed the experience. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The culture was very relaxed, but you could tell there was a lot of hard work put in by everyone.

The interview was with both managers at once. I felt very relaxed the whole time. They were very personable and joking with me for parts of the interview. Multiple times I got them rambling about different topics. Unfortunately, at the time they did not have a position available or I believe I would have received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. A couple questions I think the managers found online as suggested interview questions like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wood Group Mustang in May 2013.

Interview

An employee of the company contacted my university advisor who spread the information to interested students. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview, but scheduled for a phone interview first to see if it was a good fit and was sold on the job opportunity. I was wiling to relocate on my own expense for the position (and even meet up in person for the next round if needed), but did not end up progressing to the next round/offer stage. Oh well, their loss!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral-interviewed based, but the conversation flowed both ways which was nice.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Very ad hoc - no structure. The interviewers were always busy. Drove to the interview several times only to be told that the interview was cancelled. No coordination and they did not even apologize or make amends. Very smug - take interviewee for granted.

Interview Questions

• Define the job - we don't know what we are looking for   1 Answer

I felt that there was too much politics. Too many cancelled interview appointments when I reached there - points to lack of good culture

E&I Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wood Group Mustang in April 2013.

Interview

By Phone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a very easy negotiation

Facility Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Knew a friend who worked at Mustang, he gave me the initial recommendation. The interviews are incredibly casual. Most times if you get an interview with a department manager you probably will get the job. Being a TAM grad is a big bonus, and will help out alot.

Interview Questions

• Two managers asked me where I wanted to be in 5 years (technical versus business level) and they had completely opposite expectations for the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I tried asking for a sign on bonus, but the contract they send you is what you will get.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Everyone seemed extremely nice and friendly. Instead of asking alot of questions, wanted you to ask the questions. Was told at the end of the interview that I had the job and to wait for further contact. After 6 weeks of staying in contact and being told the same thing, was sent an email saying no offer would be given, with neither my name or the companies name in it. Very unprofessional. Surprising based on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to know about?   1 Answer