Woodard & Curran Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Civil Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Woodard & Curran.

Interview

30 minute phone screening with HR representative. A few weeks later brought in to have a series of interviews with the regional hiring manager and two more pairs that were part of the group. These lasted for 2-3 hours total. Received a call later in the day from the HR representative to go over a few more details and the time-frame for hearing back. Heard back early the next week.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral in nature, asked to provide writing sample and references after the interview   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woodard & Curran.

Interview

Phone screening for about 20 minutes to check qualifications. Then a 2-3 hour interview with 5 employees and a call with the HR manager after. After a Call with an offer as well as an emailed/mailed written offer. was able to negotiate for a higher base compensation

Interview Questions

• most questions were not technical. Most questions were more behavioral/situational as it was an entry level position. Most technical questions were knowledge on operating office equipment such as printers, etc.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Woodard & Curran (Portland, ME) in August 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted within several weeks of my application for a phone interview. Scheduling the interview was fairly straightforward, although it did have to be rescheduled several times. The person that I talked to was very friendly and seemed impressed with my qualifications. I was told that they wanted to interview for the position within the next few weeks and would be called about scheduling an interview, only to call back several times within the next 4 months and receive no reply or be told that they were still waiting to convene about who to interview. On my final contact I learned that the job I was supposed to interview for was filled via a referral. Several other jobs I also applied for were also filled but still said 'in review' on my applicant profile. The whole situation was handled very unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Woodard & Curran.

Interview

It took around 6 weeks after I initially applied on the Woodard & Curran careers page to get an offer for a phone interview with a human resources representative. It was difficult to schedule the phone interview because the representative was usually out of the office and had only given me a phone number.

Interview Questions

• What was a class [in college] that did you not enjoy? Why?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Applied online, talked to a recruiter on the phone for about 20 minutes, and was invited in to meet the hiring manager.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Woodard & Curran (Providence, RI) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with managers and second in person interview with associates. Took approximately 8 weeks. Made it to the top two candidates but ultimately wasn't chosen. When I asked why it what I could improve upon I was told that there was nothing specifically wrong with my presentation or skills but they chose the other candidate for intangible reasons.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you didn't work well with a boss. Explain a time you've failed. Give us an example of a time when you were an excellent problem solver.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Woodard & Curran (Portland, ME) in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application and Resume online. Within a couple of days I received an email, saying that they were interested in speaking with me. We scheduled a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was mostly basic meet & greet type questions mixed with some standard interview questions-Strengths/Weaknesses/Goals/Reasons for applying.

Interview Questions

• Please explain why you would want to change industries to work for Woodard & Curran.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Woodard & Curran (Boston, MA) in September 2009.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, but once hired, I understood the goal of the process is to make sure just the right people are hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and direct.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Woodard & Curran in September 2007.

Interview

The interviewers appeared to like my experience for the position. Was interviewed by three persons, committee style. I was asked to elaborate on prior experience and in one or two cases asked how I resolved problems for similar projects the company had at the time. Wondered later if those were trick questions to evaluate my technical knowledge. However, they were very cordial and seemed very open to answer the questions I posed. Seemed like it could have a good position but was not hired.

Interview Questions

• What was the sewer rehab performed to resolve problems?   Answer Question