Woodard & Curran

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Woodard & Curran in August 2014.

I was initially contacted within several weeks of my application for a phone interview. Scheduling the interview was fairly straightforward, although it did have to be rescheduled several times. The person that I talked to was very friendly and seemed impressed with my qualifications. I was told that they wanted to interview for the position within the next few weeks and would be called about scheduling an interview, only to call back several times within the next 4 months and receive no reply or be told that they were still waiting to convene about who to interview. On my final contact I learned that the job I was supposed to interview for was filled via a referral. Several other jobs I also applied for were also filled but still said 'in review' on my applicant profile. The whole situation was handled very unprofessionally.

Industrial Wastewater Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Woodard & Curran.

It took around 6 weeks after I initially applied on the Woodard & Curran careers page to get an offer for a phone interview with a human resources representative. It was difficult to schedule the phone interview because the representative was usually out of the office and had only given me a phone number.

Interview Questions
    • What was a class [in college] that did you not enjoy? Why?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Applied online, talked to a recruiter on the phone for about 20 minutes, and was invited in to meet the hiring manager.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Woodard & Curran in January 2010.

I submitted my application and Resume online. Within a couple of days I received an email, saying that they were interested in speaking with me. We scheduled a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was mostly basic meet & greet type questions mixed with some standard interview questions-Strengths/Weaknesses/Goals/Reasons for applying.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain why you would want to change industries to work for Woodard & Curran.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Woodard & Curran in September 2009.

Lengthy interview process, but once hired, I understood the goal of the process is to make sure just the right people are hired.

Simple and direct.

Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Woodard & Curran in September 2007.

The interviewers appeared to like my experience for the position. Was interviewed by three persons, committee style. I was asked to elaborate on prior experience and in one or two cases asked how I resolved problems for similar projects the company had at the time. Wondered later if those were trick questions to evaluate my technical knowledge. However, they were very cordial and seemed very open to answer the questions I posed. Seemed like it could have a good position but was not hired.

Interview Questions
    • What was the sewer rehab performed to resolve problems?   Answer Question