Woodforest Financial Interview Questions

2.2

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Woodforest Financial.

Interview

First I applied. The called for an phone interview, which went well. Then on site interview, which went well also. First call came from human resources to fix the phone interview date.

Interview Questions

• Easy type behavioral questions. Not the technical ones.   1 Answer

In-store Retail Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Woodforest Financial (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, Phone interviewed after couple days. Interview took 20 mins. I was told that one of the branch managers will call me in few days to set up a face to face interview . After a week, I received an email saying: "Our records indicate that you have recently applied for employment with our company. The position to which you have applied has since been filled or closed" ... I do not get them why they made me believe that I will be getting an interview and was even advised to wear business casual. They also emailed FCRA form to sign before my face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. If you have customer service and sales experience you can definitely answer all the questions in the phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woodforest Financial (Columbia, SC) in August 2013.

Interview

Filled out application online, a week later I received a call for a phone interview the next day, when I was free. It was simple and and straight to the point. She said that she would forward my app to the branch manager to set up a in-person interview. did the in person interview that was very simple got hired on the spot!

Negotiation

I received what I asked for

In-store Retail Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Interview

I applied on-line within a week I received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about 20 minutes...I was asked a series of questions regarding customer service. After the interview I was told I should receive a call from a branch manager with a few days...I received a call within a hour to come in for a face-to-face interview scheduled for the following day. This interview was long, I was asked at least 15 questions and the questions were long worded.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woodforest Financial (Houston, TX).

Interview

applied online received an email requesting telephone interview easy about 10-15 minutes.Then referred me to in-store interview was with manager and asst manager very standard interview questions.Received a call that evening for a second interview for the next day, again done with the manager and asst manager.

Interview Questions

• these are very standard interview questions.this is a sales job so you have to be comfortable with that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they normally start off lower but was able to negotiate based on interview and previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moraine, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Woodforest Financial (Moraine, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I had applied at Woodforest National Bank and about 1-2 weeks later I got a call from a recruiter. I passed that and then was contact my a local branch manager (who I actually graduated high school with) about setting up a time for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 branch managers and one assistant manager all at the same time. We walked down to the subway inside the Walmart Supercenter and did the interview there. The questions were standard -- nothing difficult or too 'curve ball-ish'. I actually did much better than I thought as the mere idea of 3 managers interviewing me scared me at first but by the end of it, we were all laughing. I think all of them liked me. I was hired on the spot. They asked me if I would accept and I said yes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation really.. I put $11 on my app... and they didn't have a problem with that. However most people I know made less starting out. I will tell you this: A retail banker is pretty much the same thing as a personal banker. Same job duties ultimately. And personal bankers are supposed to make about $10,000 per year than what I make. My suggestion, do you research on your job position, sell your worth and hope they're willing to pay you a higher amount cause honestly... for what I do, I can get much more elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Woodforest Financial (Naperville, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process, but must pass drug screening and background check to qualify for employment.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for standard interview questions, and be able to explain why you would be better for the position than someone else.   Answer Question

In Store Retai Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Woodforest Financial (Columbus, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online and stopped by the branch to drop off resume because I thought it may make a better impression. Sometimes online applications get lost in shuffle. The girls in the branch were very nice so they forwarded my resume to mgr. I received call from recruiter 2days later for telephone interview scheduled interview with branch manager. Interview went very well, as the mgr was very relaxed. I was offered the job on the spot. The pay was lower than expected for my experience in banking, so I waited a few days before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you diffuse the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial (San Antonio, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

First there is an assessment online. Then you get a call from a recruiter who asks mainly customer service based questions as well as selling/ marketing. Have you ever promoted a store credit card, etc. Then if the recruiter finds a good location for you and like your answers you get an interview at the branch with the manger and assistant manager. They ask similar questions as the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just took the offer. I would at least try to negotiate a higher wage.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was told that she recommended me to the manager at the branch i applied for. I called the manager and set up an interview monday at 9:00 am. I did really well, it was my best interview to date. I focussed on sales and customer service skills and experience. She tried to drill me in the interview but I answered every question perfect. I was then told at the end of the interview that the recruiter will contact me. I highly doubt that. Woodforest is not an equal opportunity employment I feel that I was judged before i could open my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with multiple task at work or school?   Answer Question
    • Whats your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question