Woodforest Financial

Woodforest Financial Retail Banker Interview Questions

2.0

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in April 2011.

Have had 4 in person interviews, at 4 different branches in a 30 day period, all went well, I was told and I thought so too. I was asked basic questions about my experience customer service, and sales. How do I handle an upset customer? They told me about the company. I asked questions, sent a thank you note after each interview. No offers though. Still waiting, still hoping. Honestly I don't get the feeling that this is really an equal opportunity employer. I feel as though I was passed around from branch to branch like the offering plate in church on Sunday!

Other Interview Reviews for Woodforest Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in October 2010.

I applied for the position through the Woodforest website. One day later the HR recruiter called and asked me to set up a phone interview for the next day. She explained the position to me and asked if I was flexible with the work hours since they are open 7 days a week. I said "yes". And she told me that she would forward my resume to the hiring manager and someone would contact me for a in-person interview.

The next day the hiring manager called. It was the weekend and I was busy so I returned the call on Monday. I spoke with the hiring manager and we set up a interview for the next day. I interviewed with two people. The branch manager and assistant manager. They offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If you noticed that your co-worker was working at a slow speed, would you address it or raise the issue to management?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with selling accounts and having monthly individual account goals to reach?   Answer Question
    They wanted to offer me $11.00 and I asked for $12.00. We agreed on $12/hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in May 2010.

Phone interview was pretty standard with the recruiter. One on one interview was also pretty standard. It seems like they have such a high turnover that they will hire anyone. The branch near where I live never seems to have the same people every time I go by. One of the bankers I talked to before hand whispered to me that it's really a starter bank where you get hired on to get the experience and then transfer to a real bank that gives you a worthy pay. Everyone that worked there seemed decent. One of the bankers also said I should be comfortable with racist and vulgar jokes, which I had no problem with, I just thought it was funny he told me that.

What they really look for is just sales experience. All they want you to do is run transactions and try to sell bank accounts to the people in the store. They really push their "second chance" account, which is for people who've had troubles with banks in the past.

As long as you can portray that you are comfortable walking around handing out flyers and talking to strangers, you should get hired on. They also look for your commitment to the company. In other words, say that you are looking for a long term career with them and climbing the ladder.

Interview Questions
    I asked for $14/hr, since I had a lot of experience at another bank, but the manager said he would pay no more than $11/hr and that we could talk about it again in six months. No real negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in May 2010.

Phone Interview (15 min) - Face-to-Face Interview (1 hour) - Call for acceptance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in June 2009.

There were 2 1:1 interviews. One with the assistant manager and one with the manager. The first interview was the "meat and bones" and asked all of the content questions. 2nd interview with manager was basically a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about asking people to donate to charity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in August 2008.

First, there was a phone interview conducted by the recruiter who then referred me to the branch manager. After the branch manager approved me, I then had an interview with the regional manager. Both interviewers were pleasant in my opinion. Once the regional manager approved me, I then had a brief interview with the assistant branch manager, where I had to sell to potential customers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about selling a product or service to a non-customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsburg, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsburg, IN

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in January 2008.

Submited my application online, 3 weeks later company called and setup a phone interview. The interview was set for 6pm (they are calling from texas and I am in indiana) We did not take that into consideration when setting. So I thought they weren't going to call, then an hour later we began. After the phone interview they scheduled a personal interview in one week at a starbucks. After that interview then I went to indianapolis for another interview with a different manager. After that interview 2 days later they called and said I have 24 hours to accept the job position and take the drug test. I then accepted and went to laffayette road (ghetto) to take my drug test. It was a scary building. I started work 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • If you could pitch one item right now to sell to me what would it be and why? Sell it to me in the next 2 minutes.   View Answer
    They will negotiate & per hour between 11-13 bring your A game if this is what you want.

Retail Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in April 2011.

I had a phone onterview followed up with a in person interview ...interview went very well the manager at the time of the interview was very nice. They called with an offer within a day or two. The back ground screening is what took so long. The employees we're very inviting. Working in side of wal-mart is hard to adjust to after I started because of all the loud noise. Over all interview process when well and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Woodforest?   View Answer
    Ask for better pay if offered anything less than 14.00 an hr

Retail Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in January 2010.

Basic interview with Manager and Assistant asking Stars Questions. If you get pass then to the RM your 8/10 times good he'll ask one or two Star ?'s and just tell you about the company.

Interview Questions
    You can but theres not much room for more money. All the money is in management and there fat bonuses they get thanks to the employees.

Retail Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Woodforest Financial in June 2009.

One on one interview. Job offer on the spot