Woodforest National Bank

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.0

Instore Retail Banker Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Got a call setting up the phone interview. The next day I had a phone interview then about two days later I got a call to do a face to face interview and was hired in the spot.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Poor phone interview process. Waste of my time. How can you tell based on just a few interview questions that lasted only a few minute. My suggestion is to have sit down interviews. Interview was mostly on how many hours you are going to work and willingness to work 7 days a week.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic, standard questions so can't remember anything specific   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank in September 2014.

Had applied online for the position after seeing their posting at a Walmart location. After 2 weeks received an email from HR telling me to call them in order to schedule an phone interview which I found really awkward since usually you either receive a call from HR scheduling an interview or you get a link to schedule the interview online yourself by choosing an available time slot. Called HR several times only in order to get a voicemail and leave a message and apparently they will call you back. I also sent an email repeating all the details but never heardy anything. 2 or 3 weeks later I got an automatically generated email saying that the position I've applied for has been already filled. Very unprofessional and I'll never apply again.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Apply online, pass a phone interview, land a face to face and get hired on the spot. Woodforest would do better to focus on candidates with customer service and cash handling experience. People with previous bank experience need not apply because whatever you think you know ...will get in the way of what you need to know.

I applied online – interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Hiring and interview process was fairly easy. After your application is submitted you will usually receive a call from the recruiter for a general phone interview and then a second call from the local manager for a face to face interview. If they are interested they will send you for a drug test and set up a start date. A few additional pieces of paper work are required to start.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are pretty general and pertain to customer service and working with a close team.   Answer Question

Instore Retail Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Manager read from a paper. Everything was cut and paste...same exact questions they must everyone else. Was like a robot. Manager read from a paper. Everything was cut and paste...same exact questions they must everyone else. Was like a robot. Should I repeat it again? That's how this mono toned, repetitive interview was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Hiring process took 2 weeks with interview included. Very relaxed. Got interviewed in the Subway in Walmart. Interviewed with Assistant and branch manager. Assistant manager was an airhead.

Interview Questions
    I was straight out of college, I took what they gave me.

Instore Retail Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

There is an online assessment that takes about an hour to complete once you finish your application. There is next a phone interview that lasts about 15-20 min. If that is successful, you will have an in-person interview with the Branch Manager at the location you applied for. Interviewing questions are standard for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • What is a way that you have gone above and beyond to exceed customer expectations?   Answer Question
    You have to give a lowest rate and a highest rate that you are willing to take. I didn't see the point in the highest rate. I am not sure who out there would decline a higher offer. Aim higher than you want. If they want you, they will still offer you what they are willing to pay. If you aim low, they will pay you low.

Retail Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in June 2014.

Give examples about customer service. Ready to seven days a week since bank is open seven days a week. Multitasking and customer service is required. You have to do teller, opening accounts and talking to customers regarding opening accounts and all the jobs inbetween. If you take initiative you will be promoted quick.

Interview Questions
    • will you be ready any time or day during week since there will be no fixed schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

I was first called by a HR guy and had a phone interview with him. He asked the typical question starting with my history and wanted to understand what kind of cash handling experience I had. He then asked me several customer service questions. What is an example of good customer service? Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer. How was it resolved or was it not?

Interview Questions
    • You are required to have a credit check to get this position, is that something you are willing to do?   Answer Question
    There was not much of a negotiation phase. He told me what I would be paid and I was ok with it.