Woodforest National Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Instore Retail Banker Interview

Instore Retail Banker

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in November 2012.

Interview Details – one on one interview manager seemed to be nervous and didnt know what he was really doing, to me the interview was fast and easy, he mentioned it was his first time hiring someone new and that he wasnt very familiar with the process

Interview Question – i really dont remember much he was reading a script, so interview wasnt hard at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i asked for 12 an hr he offered 11 with a promise to raise it in 30 days but lied

Instore Retail Banker Interview

Instore Retail Banker

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview Details – There is an online assessment that takes about an hour to complete once you finish your application. There is next a phone interview that lasts about 15-20 min. If that is successful, you will have an in-person interview with the Branch Manager at the location you applied for. Interviewing questions are standard for the most part.

Interview Question – What is a way that you have gone above and beyond to exceed customer expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to give a lowest rate and a highest rate that you are willing to take. I didn't see the point in the highest rate. I am not sure who out there would decline a higher offer. Aim higher than you want. If they want you, they will still offer you what they are willing to pay. If you aim low, they will pay you low.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in October 2011.

Interview Details – Whole process was too drawn out. Took way too long for them to get back to me. Had to hold the interview in a public restaurant. No privacy in the branches! I was told a lot about the company but not really many questions were asked of me. I was told I had the job about a month later but then nothing....another month passed and finally HR called and had me start.

Interview Question – I did not expect to be asked where I lived and if I would be able to commute that distance. I would not have applied if I didnt think I could make it that distance!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I feel like the salary was a little misrepresented

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very tedious process. Completing the application is difficult for some. You have to get qualified, wait for an interview on the phone, then wait again for an in branch interview, and then wait again to hear something.

Negotiation Details – Was made some salary promises that haven't happened yet.

Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online; the recruiter called me & we went through a phone interview; she followed up with me next day & scheduled an interview with branch manager. He liked me. Passed drug test & started working. All process took a little over a week.

Interview Question – Typical questions: can you handle cash; do you have customer service experience; what was the toughest customer & how did you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate salary if you have enough experience & bilingual. Degree is a plus.

Retail Banker

I applied online - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – Give examples about customer service. Ready to seven days a week since bank is open seven days a week. Multitasking and customer service is required. You have to do teller, opening accounts and talking to customers regarding opening accounts and all the jobs inbetween. If you take initiative you will be promoted quick.

Interview Question – will you be ready any time or day during week since there will be no fixed schedule.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview Details – I was first called by a HR guy and had a phone interview with him. He asked the typical question starting with my history and wanted to understand what kind of cash handling experience I had. He then asked me several customer service questions. What is an example of good customer service? Describe a time when you have had to deal with a difficult customer. How was it resolved or was it not?

Interview Question – You are required to have a credit check to get this position, is that something you are willing to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much of a negotiation phase. He told me what I would be paid and I was ok with it.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy. Met with one person who I was going to work for. Linked up by a headhunter. They were eager to hire and the interview was short. Things have changed since then and they have almost entirely rid themselves of their SBA lending department. After the interview they asked me to apply for the position online. After a background check and drug test were complete an offer was received. These were the days, before the economic downturn, of banks throwing money at officers from other banks to get them to move.

Interview Question – Asked if I had ever had a loan go bad.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accepted their first offer of $105M

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Cranberry Township, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – Several Phone Interviews and then a face to face interview with regional manager

Interview Question – They really don't care about banking experience, but concentrate on Sales   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate asked for additional week of vacation and was denied

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Woodforest National Bank in December 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews

Interview Question – If had to name one asset only, for us to take into consideration to hire YOU for this job, what would it be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Woodforest National Bank

Worked for Woodforest National Bank? Contribute to the Community!