Woodforest National Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.1

Retail Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank in July 2015.

Interview

It took 1 month after i applied to hear anything back. I was sent an email to take the simulation test and then the next day i got another email wanting to set up a phone interview. 2 hrs after the phone interview the branch manager wanted to set up a face to face 3 days later. The interview was fairly easy, lasted about 30 mins. The general questions were asked. The main thing she talked about were the sales goals they had to meet. She told me her only drawback was that i lacked sales experience & would call me after she thought about it. Well 15 mins after i left she called and asked could i come back so she could offer me a job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate, i was offered $10.50 (i have no bank experience) so i took it.

Retail Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlehurst, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Hazlehurst, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

After completing an online application and simulation, I was called by a recruiter for a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter told me to expect a call from the branch manager sometime within the next day or so. The branch manager set up a face to face interview which lasted about 45 minutes. We discussed salary and availability during this interview and if you have the education and experience, they are very willing to negotiate starting pay. I had one final phone interview with the regional manager, which mirrored the first phone interview as far as the questions asked, and was offered the position a few days later, pending a clean background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received (and gave) excellent customer service and why do you consider excellent.   Answer Question

Instore Retail Banker/Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Thomasville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out app, received email requesting phone interview shortly after received phone call from branch manager requesting face to face interview. Told them I was relocating chose time and day.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions mainly concerning their main goal for the bank and expectations from employees. Asked about experience with customer service as well as cash handling and balancing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for 14.50 received 13. Not bad but I do have cash handling and customer service experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next morning from a recruiter to complete a teller simulation online. I completed the simulation that morning and had a standard phone interview by the same recruiter later that afternoon. Standard interview questions that seemed to be read from a script. Asked about sales & customer service experience as well as, "describe a time when...." Type questions. The call lasted bout 20 minutes. Less than a week later, the branch manager called for an in person interview. I met with the branch manager and assistant branch manager at the restaurant inside Walmart. Not a tough interview, I was asked about my salary requirement and availability. I was offered the job a few days later. HR requested drug screening and criminal background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. (Typical questions)   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy I interview process. Within 2 weeks of applying, HR called to schedule phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was fairly easy. They asked questions based on my previous experience. Once completed, she scheduled an interview with the direct hiring Manger. During my face to face I interview, the Regional Manager asked lots of questions regarding my previous experience and ask alot of "What wood you do if..." type questions. When we completed the interview, he welcomed me to a second interview with his boss. My second interview was pretty much the same as the first. My interview were conducted at Subway so the atmosphere was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What you you do if...? What would you market their brand ? What type of community involved you have? How do feel about Sales goal? ETC   Answer Question

Negotiation

With any job, never be afraid to negotiate your salary. My salary offered wasn't exactly what I anticipated. However, I was satisfied with the counter offer of my request.

Retail Banker/Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Jackson, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying, I had to take a online assessment test. After taking the test, hr sent me an email saying call them to move forward with the process. So I called and had an interview with the hrs lady that lasted about 15 minutes, after that she said the bank manager would call to set up a face to face interview. Once the bank manger called, we agreed to do the interview at McDonald's. The interview took about 40 minutes. It was very unprofessional because McDonald's customers kept walking by and it was loud in there. It was the worse interview I've every been on. When I made it home, a manager from another branch called for a follow up interview, it lasted about 10 minutes. Once we were done with the interview, she said someone should call you in 2 - 3 days. My luck no one called. About a month later I received an email stating that the job had Breen filled.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a outraged customer? Describe a time in which you exceeded expectations of an customer   Answer Question
    • Have I ever had a dissatisfied customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Sterling, VA).

Interview

First HR called me & had phone interview. It was a pleasure to speak to her. Smart & quick. Then I had 1:1 interview at the branch, was easy and fast.

Interview Questions

• They asked my previous experience & degree?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank.

Interview

Jerked around and ignored, an exercise in frustration. I applied online and had to wait a month for a phone interview with corporate headquarters in Texas, then several weeks later, moved on to an in person interview with the branch manager, then had a phone interview with the regional manager where ever cliché question was asked. None of these people apparently had the power to tell me anything. Throughout all three interviews I was told that my answers were more than acceptable, I was doing very well, a promising candidate, etc. Through all of this, a process which lasted two months, I was left completely in the dark and with no point of contact who could tell me anything meaningful. The whole experience was miserable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (Cary, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter about past banking experience. Next was the interview with the BM and ABM in a restaurant (Subway) in Walmart Supercenter. The interview process with the recruiter was very straight forward, not fluff or pretentious niceties. The interview with the BM and ABM was personable and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about previous sales and service experience. Questions are "Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a client; Have you ever made a mistake with an account and how did you correct / take ownership?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straight forward. Do some research on compensation for the market in which your are applying. I compromised and they met me 1/2 half on salary requirement.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Woodforest National Bank (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position, was contacted 3 weeks to a month later to complete phone interview. Made it to the face to face interview. Interviewers were polite & stated i will be contacted 3 days later if I had gotten the position or not. No call but got an email a month after my interview to state I was not hired for the position.