Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars

4 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Staff Interview

Staff

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Interview Details – After my initial online application, I was contacted for a phone interview with two of the program administrators. The interviewers were friendly and we actually had an engaging and pleasant conversation. Their questions were relatively simple. Most were about elaborating on experiences on my resume, how they've prepared me for this position, why I wanted to work for the Wilson Center, etc.

Interview Question – There were no real unexpected questions. There were a couple of minor behavioral questions, such as "How do you handle projects with tight deadlines?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is an unpaid position. While it has provided me with some leverage on my resume, I did not learn many valuable skills that compensated for living in this expensive city with no income. However, it opened my eyes to the world of think tanks, and all of the possibilities in Washington, D.C.

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in January 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple phone call conversations, recommendations, cover letter and resume
wanted to see prior experience in the field

Interview Question – Most relevant bi-lateral issues to Canada and the US   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Interview Details – application-interview-offer

Interview Question – Remember to do the research first. Focus on the program bulletin or online projects. At least attend one of their events first.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant

Interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars

Interview Details – Phone interview, then in-person interview with Program Director and Program Associate. This was a federal position, so it took months to be contacted initially.

Interview Question – Sometimes I was asked multiple questions at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came in at the highest GS level for the position. I negotiated a start date.

Worked for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars? Contribute to the Community!