Woodward Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Woodward (Skokie, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone screening that lasted about 1/2 hr and then followed up with an on-site interview with 3-4 managers/employees for a few hours. Everyone was professional and answered all my questions clearly.

Interview Questions

• Asked typical interview questions about how you handled certain situations on the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Woodward

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Woodward.

Interview

Spoke with Woodward at a college career fair. Applied online and got an interview slot.

Interview was with one of the engineers working there as well as an HR rep. They made me feel really comfortable in the interview. I felt like my skills & experience matched up well with the job description and that I put my best food forward, but didn't get the job. I don't have the best grades so they probably found someone more qualified.

Interview Questions

• "What was the hardest thing you have done as an engineer?"
      Shouldn't have been unexpected but I didn't have an answer prepared.

Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took no more than 2 weeks. I was hired as a contract and later as a member. All of the questions were behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Woodward (Rockford, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was a 15 minute phone interview briefly discussing my resume and why I wanted to work for the company. Within a couple week I was invited for an onsite panel interview. It consisted of five people. This interview consisted of going over my resume in depth and asking me questions about my college education. They also asked me general behavioral questions such as what are my strengths and weaknesses, how I work in a team, and what are my career goals. Everyone was extremely nice and professional and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer approaching problems from an analytical or hands on viewpoint?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Woodward in October 2011.

Interview

This interview was pretty routine being a phone interview directly with the hiring manager that then moved to on site interview. The onsite portion was both panel and 1:1 with various managers and the HR manager as well. I would say the best part was the 1:1 portion that occurred while touring the facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty routine, vacation time is not too high so try and get set higher on that portion. Ensure you get everything written in offer to ensure company will comply with it, but that goes with any company.