Wooga Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.3

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wooga.

Interview

We just had a few email exchanges and had an Excel test. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to advance any further than that. Though disappointing that I didn't get a better chance to showcase my background, the recruiter was awesome in every aspect of the process. I would love for future chances with the company.

Interview Questions

• The Excel test was much different than I had imagined-revolved around a case study specific to the gaming industry. Since I am hoping to transition over, I felt that lack of experience hurt a lot.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wooga.

Interview

The whole thing went fast. Got an email for a Skype interview with the HR after my online application after just 3 days. So I got all prepared with whatever I could. Skype interview with a working student at HR department who's only been working there for 2 months. She's nice but it's very unprofessional to let a working student to lead the whole interview just by herself even she's english native speaker would not change the fact. She did ask what a HR supposed to ask I guess. But letting a working student with just 2 months experience at a company to do the first interview does not give a positive impression about the company at all.

Interview Questions

• What kind of challenge you face in your previous job and how did you face it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wooga.

Interview

The interview process was the quickest I ever had in my life. First I contacted the recruiter over Linkedin after doing the application and she was nice to reply the next day. A couple of days later I had my first interview which was very fun and relaxed. The recruiter asked me to wait until the end of the week to give me an update on the application but after a couple of days we had an interview and I was informed that I would not get the job. For me this was the first time that I was declined as a candidate and I felt 100% respected. Sometimes companies ask for tests that might take a week to complete and they don't even give you feedback. This wasn't the case. Keep up the good job.

Game Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wooga.

Interview

A couple of Skype interviews, nice talks and they asked the right questions. Questions about me personally, to see if I'd be a right fit in terms of a mindset. But also of course technical questions related to Unity or just code practices in general. Also looked together to some of the code samples I sent.

Interview Questions

• What's the most recent technical book you've read and which would you recommend me?   Answer Question

Produktmanager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, HR contacted in a week and did a quick Skype screening followed by a detailed test which includes a competitor game analysis, several case questions and some UI questions. After the test there was a 1:1 skype interview with the product lead; the interview was pretty straightforward asking questions about your background and future plans as well as some questions testing your general know how about the gaming industry and analytics, they also ask about your leadership style and behavioural attitude. After that comes the f2f one day interview at Berlin office, where you will be interviewed with around five people including studio head, pms, hr vs. Nothing special there also, but they focus more on you character and personality... They usually call two candidates for f2f and choose the one best suits their needs... Whole interview process was well established and I can say it was a good experience overall. Wooga seems to be a company that puts character and personality (or at least what they understood about yours' during the interview process) over skill and competency so get ready to align yourself...

Interview Questions

• After AB test of a feature, revenue increased by x% and retention decreased by x%, what would you do?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a response and an interview was set up(approx 3 weeks for all this). As i was preparign for the job inerview, I researched the company, job description again and something was off about the job description. I compated the job description on the website with a screenshot I made when I applied and turned out only the title was the same - the job was completely different. I was interviewed by an HR lady on skype (why no face-to-face chat?) and it started off with usual get to know questions , strengths/weaknesses etc and I bought up the topic of the job desc and the lady mentioned, that they had indeed hired someone else for the job and changed the job desc. Overall the interview was pleasant but I was bit flummoxed with what had happened. 1-2 weeks later, I got a reply from them stating, they wont proceed with my application since it doesnt match my profile (duh?) - I had seen it coming... despite all this, what I liked that the company encouraged to apply in the future should I find interesting roles..why is this a big thing? I've been job hunting the last 3 months and have applied to over 40 companies and barely even 1-2 have encouraged to even apply again despite rejecting my application...little bit of politeness don't hurt nobody..

Interview Questions

• regualr HR quesitons, background info, why i want to work there   Answer Question

Ninja Interview

Interview

Fully reimbursed by the company and very thorough. 3 telephone interviews followed by an onsite interview in Berlin. I got to meet my whole future team in and official interview atmosphere and as well during an unofficial lunch.

Level Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wooga.

Interview

Good process. Started with a Skype call, then a test, then onsite interview. Company paid for the flight and hotel which was great. Communication with HR was always on point.

Interview Questions

• The test I completed before the interview was challenging.   Answer Question

Softwareentwickler Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2013.

Interview

Nachdem ich von einem Headhunter vorgestellt wurde, setzte ich mich schnell in Verbindung mit dem Personalabteilungsleiter von Wooga. Nach einem kurzen Telefongespräch über Werdegang und Motivation mit der Personalabteilung und einem längeren Telefongespräch mit einem Ingenieur, bekam ich eine Einladung zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch vor Ort. Sie halfen viel mit dem Visum und der Vorbereitung von Flügen und Unterkunft. Während des Gesprächs vor Ort lernte ich mehrere Leute einschließlich des technischen Leiters kennen. Sie waren sehr freundlich und nett, es war ein glückliches Erlebnis, mit ihnen zu reden.

After introduced by a headhunter, I quickly got in touch with Wooga's HR Manager. After a short telephone interview on background and motivation with HR and a longer telephone interview with an engineer, I got an invitation for an on-site interview. They helped a lot with VISA and arrangements of flights and accommodation. During the on-site interview, I met several people including CTO. They were very friendly and nice, it was a happy experience talking with them.

Interview Questions

• Einige alltägliche technische Implementierungen verschiedener Arten von Spielen.   Some trivial technical implementations of different types of games.   Answer Question

Game Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlín (El Salvador)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wooga (Berlín (El Salvador)) in May 2013.

Interview

Their interview process is pretty standard in comparison to most tech firms in Silicon valley. Couple of Skype interviews followed by an excel task followed by on-site interviews in Berlin.

Interview Questions

• I didn't make it past the final round due to reasons of good fit with the firm. So I'd say the behavioral fit seems to be one of the most important criteria.   1 Answer