Wooga Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.4

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wooga.

We just had a few email exchanges and had an Excel test. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to advance any further than that.

Though disappointing that I didn't get a better chance to showcase my background, the recruiter was awesome in every aspect of the process. I would love for future chances with the company.

Interview Questions
    • The Excel test was much different than I had imagined-revolved around a case study specific to the gaming industry. Since I am hoping to transition over, I felt that lack of experience hurt a lot.   Answer Question

Senior Game Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wooga.

The interview process was the quickest I ever had in my life.

First I contacted the recruiter over Linkedin after doing the application and she was nice to reply the next day. A couple of days later I had my first interview which was very fun and relaxed.

The recruiter asked me to wait until the end of the week to give me an update on the application but after a couple of days we had an interview and I was informed that I would not get the job.

For me this was the first time that I was declined as a candidate and I felt 100% respected. Sometimes companies ask for tests that might take a week to complete and they don't even give you feedback. This wasn't the case.

Keep up the good job.

Game Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wooga.

A couple of Skype interviews, nice talks and they asked the right questions. Questions about me personally, to see if I'd be a right fit in terms of a mindset. But also of course technical questions related to Unity or just code practices in general. Also looked together to some of the code samples I sent.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most recent technical book you've read and which would you recommend me?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wooga in January 2015.

I applied online, got a response and an interview was set up(approx 3 weeks for all this). As i was preparign for the job inerview, I researched the company, job description again and something was off about the job description. I compated the job description on the website with a screenshot I made when I applied and turned out only the title was the same - the job was completely different.

I was interviewed by an HR lady on skype (why no face-to-face chat?) and it started off with usual get to know questions , strengths/weaknesses etc and I bought up the topic of the job desc and the lady mentioned, that they had indeed hired someone else for the job and changed the job desc.
    Overall the interview was pleasant but I was bit flummoxed with what had happened. 1-2 weeks later, I got a reply from them stating, they wont proceed with my application since it doesnt match my profile (duh?) - I had seen it coming...
    despite all this, what I liked that the company encouraged to apply in the future should I find interesting roles..why is this a big thing? I've been job hunting the last 3 months and have applied to over 40 companies and barely even 1-2 have encouraged to even apply again despite rejecting my application...little bit of politeness don't hurt nobody..

Interview Questions
    • regualr HR quesitons, background info, why i want to work there   Answer Question

Ninja Interview

Fully reimbursed by the company and very thorough. 3 telephone interviews followed by an onsite interview in Berlin. I got to meet my whole future team in and official interview atmosphere and as well during an unofficial lunch.

Level Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wooga.

Good process. Started with a Skype call, then a test, then onsite interview. Company paid for the flight and hotel which was great. Communication with HR was always on point.

Interview Questions
    • The test I completed before the interview was challenging.   Answer Question

Softwareentwickler Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wooga in May 2013.

Nachdem ich von einem Headhunter vorgestellt wurde, setzte ich mich schnell in Verbindung mit dem Personalabteilungsleiter von Wooga. Nach einem kurzen Telefongespräch über Werdegang und Motivation mit der Personalabteilung und einem längeren Telefongespräch mit einem Ingenieur, bekam ich eine Einladung zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch vor Ort. Sie halfen viel mit dem Visum und der Vorbereitung von Flügen und Unterkunft. Während des Gesprächs vor Ort lernte ich mehrere Leute einschließlich des technischen Leiters kennen. Sie waren sehr freundlich und nett, es war ein glückliches Erlebnis, mit ihnen zu reden.

After introduced by a headhunter, I quickly got in touch with Wooga's HR Manager. After a short telephone interview on background and motivation with HR and a longer telephone interview with an engineer, I got an invitation for an on-site interview. They helped a lot with VISA and arrangements of flights and accommodation. During the on-site interview, I met several people including CTO. They were very friendly and nice, it was a happy experience talking with them.

Interview Questions
    • Einige alltägliche technische Implementierungen verschiedener Arten von Spielen.   Some trivial technical implementations of different types of games.   Answer Question

Game Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlín (El Salvador)
    Anonymous Employee in Berlín (El Salvador)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wooga in May 2013.

Their interview process is pretty standard in comparison to most tech firms in Silicon valley. Couple of Skype interviews followed by an excel task followed by on-site interviews in Berlin.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't make it past the final round due to reasons of good fit with the firm. So I'd say the behavioral fit seems to be one of the most important criteria.   View Answer

Game-Analyst Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wooga in April 2013.

Ich hatte mich ursprünglich für eine Stelle als Game-Designer und Balancer beworben und wurde dann für eine Stelle als Game-Analyst umgeleitet.

Ich habe einen Excel-Test gemacht, dann ein Skype-Interview mit dem Leiter für Business-Intelligence bei Wooga, und bin dann auch zu ihrer Niederlassung in Berlin gefahren, um wichtige Leute aus verschiedenen Teams zu treffen, einschließlich des Technischen Direktors selbst wie auch Produktmanagern und Data-Analysts.

Am Ende hatte ich zwar kein Angebot in der Tasche, aber ich möchte sagen, als junger Game-Analyst am Anfang der Karriere fand ich die Erfahrung sehr positiv.

Die Personalverantwortlichen sind total cool und reagieren gut; die Atmosphäre vor Ort war genial (sehr dynamisch und anregend), und ich hoffe, dass ich mit ein bisschen mehr Erfahrung auch mal Gelegenheit haben werde, in so einem Betrieb zu arbeiten.

I have applied initially for a game designer - balancing post and was reoriented for a game analyst post.
    I made an excel test, then had a skype interview with the head of Business Inteligence at Wooga, and then went to their office in Berlin in order to meet key people from different teams, including CTO himself as well as product managers / data analysts.

I did not have an offer at the end of the process, but I want to say, as a young game analyst starting its carrier, that I have been very happy by this experience.
    Recruiters are really cool and reactive; the atmosphere on site was awesome (very dynamic and exciting), and I hope I will have the chance after more experiences to work in such a place.

Interview Questions
    • Manche IQ-Tests waren für einige Leute ganz schön schwer   Some IQ intelligence tests were quite hard for some of them   Answer Question

Softwareentwickler Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wooga in April 2013.

Ich wurde zwei Wochen nach meiner Online-Bewerbung kontaktiert. Ich hatte zwei Skype-Bewerbungsgespräche, dann luden sie mich für ein Gespräch nach Berlin ein. Großartige Menschen und ein tolles Büro.

I've been contacted two weeks after applying online. I did two Skype Interviews then they contacted me for an interview in Berlin. Fantastic people and office.

Interview Questions
    • Fragen, an welchen Spielen ich gern mitarbeiten würde.   Questions about what games I would love to work on.   Answer Question