Woolpert

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Designer Interview

Engineering Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Woolpert.

Interview Details – Had a 30 minute phone interview. Then, after about a week, made it to an on-site interview at their office. The on-site interview was about an hour and a half. After about a week a written offer was received.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in two years (professionally)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a little bit. Not a lot of wiggle room.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Woolpert.

Interview Details – One phone interview which was slightly informal. Completed the application process on the company website. Had a second phone interview and finally completed job acceptance paper work through the company website.

Interview Question – What salary would you require to accept a job offer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Poor and disappointing. Verbal and email offers were both higher than the official offer letter received. Difficult negotiating salary when it isn't with a person that can make a final decision.

Group Manager Architect Interview

Group Manager Architect

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Woolpert in November 2009.

Interview Details – Began with recommendation by a past business associate
Contacted by Woolpert partner (Company was second largest design services parnership in the US at the time)
Scheduled interview
Review of my credentials and past work; interview lasted approximatley 45 minutes. then followed with tour of offices for another 20 minutes or so.
Received letter offer next day
Negotiated a few terms amd signed three days later.

Interview Question – No questions were presented as real 'posers'. They were anxious to hire me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and signing bouns were both negotiable

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Woolpert in January 2009.

Interview Details – You sit down with a couple of execs who ask what you specifically like to do in regards to the field itself. However, they may simply frame the question as "What do you like to do?" Do NOT answer in terms of what you like to do personally (e.g. cooking, fishing, etc.). Tends to be a laid back atmosphere when discussing the job. No technical questions asked.

Interview Question – What do you like to do? (In terms of your work, not personal life)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate really.

LiDAR Geospatial Technician Interview

LiDAR Geospatial Technician
Dayton, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Woolpert in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked several technical questions which were primarily about my past experience in a similar position. I was then given a moderately detailed description about the position. At the end of the interview I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager the following week. This never happened and the interviewer never returned any of my emails or phone calls.

Interview Question – Describe a recent project at your last employment.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineering Interview

Transportation Engineering

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Woolpert in June 2009.

Interview Details – The first round was was in Indianapolis, where I met with the Service Line Director and a project manager. Then I went to Columbus to interview with the direct supervisor. Most of the questions were behavioral, though the supervisor did throw in a couple of technical questions. They also took me to lunch, which was very casual and conversational.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Worked for Woolpert? Contribute to the Community!