Woolpert

www.woolpert.com

Woolpert Interview Questions

2.8

Engineering Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woolpert.

Had a 30 minute phone interview. Then, after about a week, made it to an on-site interview at their office. The on-site interview was about an hour and a half. After about a week a written offer was received.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in two years (professionally)?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate a little bit. Not a lot of wiggle room.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Woolpert.

One phone interview which was slightly informal. Completed the application process on the company website. Had a second phone interview and finally completed job acceptance paper work through the company website.

Interview Questions
    • What salary would you require to accept a job offer?   View Answer
    Poor and disappointing. Verbal and email offers were both higher than the official offer letter received. Difficult negotiating salary when it isn't with a person that can make a final decision.

LiDAR Geospatial Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Woolpert in March 2011.

I was asked several technical questions which were primarily about my past experience in a similar position. I was then given a moderately detailed description about the position. At the end of the interview I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager the following week. This never happened and the interviewer never returned any of my emails or phone calls.

Group Manager Architect Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Woolpert in November 2009.

Began with recommendation by a past business associate
    Contacted by Woolpert partner (Company was second largest design services parnership in the US at the time)
    Scheduled interview
    Review of my credentials and past work; interview lasted approximatley 45 minutes. then followed with tour of offices for another 20 minutes or so.
    Received letter offer next day
    Negotiated a few terms amd signed three days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were presented as real 'posers'. They were anxious to hire me.   Answer Question
    Salary and signing bouns were both negotiable

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Woolpert in January 2009.

You sit down with a couple of execs who ask what you specifically like to do in regards to the field itself. However, they may simply frame the question as "What do you like to do?" Do NOT answer in terms of what you like to do personally (e.g. cooking, fishing, etc.). Tends to be a laid back atmosphere when discussing the job. No technical questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do? (In terms of your work, not personal life)   View Answer
    No opportunity to negotiate really.

Transportation Engineering Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Woolpert in June 2009.

The first round was was in Indianapolis, where I met with the Service Line Director and a project manager. Then I went to Columbus to interview with the direct supervisor. Most of the questions were behavioral, though the supervisor did throw in a couple of technical questions. They also took me to lunch, which was very casual and conversational.