Woolworths Limited

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.5

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bella Vista (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bella Vista (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in April 2013.

1. Phone call with HR
    2. Initial face to face interview with future manager and his/her manager
    3. Second interview with future manager
    4. Testing - quiz, questionnaire etc
    5. Offer

The steps were fairly straight forward and the 1st and 2nd interviews were very similar, more related to the job itself. The HR call was more about personality, your values, why you think you'd be a good fit for the organisation etc. Read up on the company values

Interview Questions
    • Do you have an example of a time you had difficulties with direction from others in your team?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in January 2014.

Pretty standard, Attended AC after online application. Questions are all behavioral, They look for your ability to prioritize tasks, follow the health and safety procedures and deliver good customer service. I made through the AC but failed on the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard. But need to carefully prepare your question to ask your manager.   Answer Question

Graduate IT Position Interview

First an online test followed by a video interview . Answered standard three short behavioral/motivational interview questions(Easy). This was followed by Assessment center interview which was fast paced one hour group activity. This is followed by Final interview.

Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in November 2011.

Online application, then phone interview asks about history, previous experience, all of that kind of thing, what you would do in a situation. For example wet spot on floor. (answer is slippery floor sign, tell supervisor, warn customers, wait until cleaned up to leave). then in-store interview with either department manager or store manager.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions really, most just about experience, history, skills, how you work with others, hours available   Answer Question
    no negotiation on pay. start with 3 months probation, then regular pay. lots of options with hours, and holidays are easy if organised in advance

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in March 2010.

Basically applied online, and a casual interview with the store manager of the my local store. Standard questions: why do you want the job, what skills can you offer etc - nothing difficult since I was a high school student going for a casual position.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in April 2013.

The whole process includes 1 phone interview and 2 x panel interviews (HR and logistics manager). Questions I was asked included: rate your excel skills;How do you handle pressure; give me an example that you provided an suggestion to you manager and it was accepted; give me an example how you handle it when some one from other department goes against you;

Interview Questions
    • How would you do if your manger wants you to do something to get things done, but it somehow violates company's regulations?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in November 2013.

Two weeks after applying through their website online I was called for an interview. There were two rounds of interviews. The first was with Human Resources and the Hiring Manager. The following week I was called in for a second interview with the Line Manager. Following this interview I provided my references and they contacted all three references.

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions were behavioural questions. Interviews were fairly informal and had standard questions.   Answer Question

Great Work Life Balance, Lots of Red Tape Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in September 2009.

Interviewee asks rather obscure questions, looks for a generic response

No negotiation phase

Storeperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubbo (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubbo (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in June 2010.

One phone call with date and time no further information provided. On the day of interview staff were unsure of where to send me and had to ring on their phones numerous times, lead off to the back of the store into a dark room which felt like a prison cell. There was two people who spent about 1/2 an hour to and hour talking to me about my life and experiences. While interview took place staff freely walked in and out of the room to ask the interviewer questions.

Storeperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Limited in August 2011.

Online assessment followed by group interview and final interview with your line manager

Worked for Woolworths Limited? Contribute to the Community!