Woolworths Supermarkets

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Cashier Interview

Service Cashier
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, interview with store manager and HR staff and group assessment

Interview Question – Nothing so difficult, just relax and stay clam. Prepare some answer about your customer service experience.   Answer Question

Store Team Member Interview

Store Team Member
Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets.

Interview Details – Applied online via website, was called 4 days later. They called me to come in to interview the next afternoon. I was promised 12-15 hour per week part time contract. Had an interview with the line manager and the 2IC instore. They had a very long list of questions as prescribed by head office including behavoural interview (what would you do if...Name a time when...) as well as the usual questions (why did you leave your last job). Interview went on for a fair amount of time. Considering they hire a lot of teens in their first job I wondered how they would fare given how many questions needed an answer involving a specific. When I went for a training shift I was told I would only be offered a 10 hour contract despite being promised 12-15hours.

Interview Question – How would you go about resolving a conflict between you and your supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as union negotiates wages. Had to give availabilities and manager chooses how many & which hours are on your contract.

Manager Interview

Manager
Revesby (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets.

Interview Details – Was just interviewed by one persons usual questions tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? How did you handle a difficult situation customer? They now do group interviews where role plays are used.

Interview Question – How much would you expect to be paid?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You need to bargain they give you a dollar figure but its usually negotiable so go for more

Service Cashier Interview

Service Cashier
Sydney (Australia)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets in August 2008.

Interview Details – First I had an interview based on my cv at the store in Liverpool with the store services manager. She asked me how i would fit in the supermarket, had i any previous experience, why did i choose woolworths and do i plan to go to university or stay and work for a while.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Woolworths Supermarkets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Woolworths Supermarkets interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Woolworths Supermarkets employees and interview candidates.