Woolworths Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.7

Longlife Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets.

Basically screen applicants with most suitability, phone interview confirming details and job related questions, one and one interview with manager of that specific department you applied for asking basic questions, unstructured interview

Interview Questions
    • basic generic questions such as why do you want this job?, tell me about yourself? etc   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets in October 2014.

For me the process was really quick. I applied near the Christmas season so I guess they need people urgently.

I applied online and within a week someone called me and did a quick phone interview, the typical 'tell me about yourself' questions. And then at the end of the call they asked if I can attend a group interview dated about 2 days from then.

At the group interview, there were 15 people but no school kids. They did a brief presentation about the company, their vision and mission. And then they ask you if you've got any questions to ask. At this point, say something or ask a question at least. I find that the people who said something during the interview got the job in the end. Even it's just a simple one. After that they give us a sheet containing a number of tasks and we were asked to prioritize them. It's an easy one, using straight forward logic.

Then they asked us to do the same thing but in a small group of 3-4 people. Basically you just have to discuss, give your opinions and later tell the manager your group's answers.

After that there was a brief tour of the store and they let you go. The morning after I got a call to provide the right to work docs and after I did, they emailed me saying I got the job. Some people had a second interview with the store manager but I didn't.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty easy. Just try to relax and be yourself.   Answer Question

Replenishment Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets.

Applied online, telephone interview within two weeks. The telephone interview was challenging "explain a situation where there was conflict what did you do" "what do you do with a difficult employee" etc. the one on one was much easier "what does customer service mean to you" "what is safety to you" "why Woolworths" another 8 people to be interviewed before I get a result

Interview Questions
    Told me during telephone interview of salary

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets.

Applied online via website, was called 4 days later. They called me to come in to interview the next afternoon. I was promised 12-15 hour per week part time contract. Had an interview with the line manager and the 2IC instore. They had a very long list of questions as prescribed by head office including behavoural interview (what would you do if...Name a time when...) as well as the usual questions (why did you leave your last job). Interview went on for a fair amount of time. Considering they hire a lot of teens in their first job I wondered how they would fare given how many questions needed an answer involving a specific. When I went for a training shift I was told I would only be offered a 10 hour contract despite being promised 12-15hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about resolving a conflict between you and your supervisor?   Answer Question
    No negotiation as union negotiates wages. Had to give availabilities and manager chooses how many & which hours are on your contract.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Revesby (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Revesby (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets.

Was just interviewed by one persons usual questions tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? How did you handle a difficult situation customer? They now do group interviews where role plays are used.

Interview Questions
    You need to bargain they give you a dollar figure but its usually negotiable so go for more

Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets in August 2011.

Phone interview, interview with store manager and HR staff and group assessment

Interview Questions
    • Nothing so difficult, just relax and stay clam. Prepare some answer about your customer service experience.   Answer Question

Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Woolworths Supermarkets in August 2008.

First I had an interview based on my cv at the store in Liverpool with the store services manager. She asked me how i would fit in the supermarket, had i any previous experience, why did i choose woolworths and do i plan to go to university or stay and work for a while.