Word & Brown

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Initial process was a phone interview with HR about 10-15 min. Followed by a face-to-face interview with departmental manager lasted about hour an a half. If you make that first face-to-face interview, it will be followed by a panel interview with some of the big bosses on a different date. When you make it, there's another one coming. I thought the number of interviews are a little too excessive.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked how you will do the job they are interviewing you for.   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Word & Brown in November 2013.

I sent my resume through their online portal. I received a call about a week later and they interviewed me over the phone asking very basic questions about my experience. I then interviewed in-person. This was followed by a trip to Headquarters in Orange where I took some VERY lame basic skill tests including a math test and eventually resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions
    Short. They offered me what I thought was a competitive salary at the time. I know better now that they could have offered me much more but always start low.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Word & Brown in October 2013.

Distinctly negative experience; the hiring manager had his head buried in his laptop for the entire 60 minutes of the interview. The interview was essentially conducted by another analyst, who held different role. Neither was forthcoming with any sort of description of the organization or team culture. I only learned from my networking of some of the con's of employment with Word and Brown.

Interview Questions
    • Produce a whiteboard diagram of the hypothetical system process discussed as part of the interview byplay.   View Answer

Director of Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Word & Brown in March 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume, she set up an interview. The interview was average, normal questions asked and answered. It was very typical. Seems like the company is growing but was not impressed with the interviewer who did not seem connected or engaged with their division.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Word & Brown in November 2012.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter and brought in for an interview. I was told I would interview with 4 people. When I got to the interview I was put in a meeting room with 5-6 interviewers all throwing questions my way. I felt the interview went well and was told that I would be contacted in the next 3 days. 2 months later, I have yet to hear from them. I tried calling and emailing with no avail.

Interview Questions
    • Questions I was asked: Biggest pet-peeve? What would I do if my manager was constantly blaming me for problems that I was not responsible for? What would I do on my first day?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Word & Brown in November 2012.

I was first contacted by their internal recruiter. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Within a day or two of sending my resume to him he set up a phone interview with the manager. The manager was 15 minutes late in calling me but after he called the conversation went okay. He seemed that he was very full of himself but he seemed to know the Scrum process. After the phone interview the recruiter called me and provided feedback of the phone interview. We quickly set up a second in person interview which happened to be a panel interview. They were more prompt in coming to the panel interview where I met with two VPs and a director. Overall I felt it was overkill to have that many high level execs for a Scrum Master position. The next day the recruiter called me and let me know that I did not get the position but let me know that he would keep me in mind for others. It is funny because I still see the position open.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not that difficult, just wanted me to explain my Scrum process.   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Word & Brown in May 2012.

I was meet by the peer at the HR office. While we were taking the elevator, we happened to "bump into" the X co-worker of the interviewer. He spontaneously when on this detailed speech on how his new position is exciting, amazing projects there are at the company (in general!), how proud he is to work for the company. Call me crazy, but it just so happened to fit so perfectly with me evaluating employment at W&B, I wouldn’t count that as an incident. It felt as it was planed. Now think about it how the real situation must be at the firm that they would plan this type of ploy?

Interview Questions
    • My experiance in my field of expertese   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Word & Brown in November 2011.

I was impressed with the company until I interviewed with the hiring manager. During the 1:1 interview with him, I answered from a list of 6 or 7 questions and, as I answered each question, the hiring manager took notes, never looking up to ask me to elaborate or for clarification. Every 10 minutes or so his secretary would knock on the door to tell him he had a call. He kept asking her to take a message. While the HR rep was highly polished and professional, the hiring manager and his secretary were extremely odd. I did not want to work for he company after meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were relatively easy. Just questions about how I manage my staff.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Word & Brown in June 2010.

After referral to the company, recruiter contacted by email to set up phone interview. Interviewed by recruiter with just a few general questions. Then took the 2 computer tests. Then contacted by recruiter, set up interview with hiring manager's manager over the phone. Then was invited in for in person with hiring manager and hiring manager's manager

Interview Questions
    • Many behavioral questions, tell me about a difficult boss, difficult coworker   View Answer

Administrative Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Word & Brown in March 2009.

Take a basic computer test, and very general questions about strengths, weaknesses etc

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected was asked. Very general.just b   View Answer
    They offered, I accepted. No negotiation.