Work4 Labs Interview Questions

Data Analyst Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Work4 Labs.

6-part test on probabilities, programming, and your ideas

Sales Interview

Very weird, multiple phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, was treated with disdain when I asked questions to sales leadership like I had no right to ask.   View Answer

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Work4 Labs.

appplied online and they sent me some questions to solve. within a day i solved most of them sent it back

Front End Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Work4 Labs.

The hiring process was in three phases; I first sent my résumé and cover letter via facebook, a few days later, I was sent a files with exercices and questions (motivations, behavioural + exercices corresponding to the job I was aiming; front end). After completing it, I then got a Skype interview with two engineers (front end SE and backend SE) and a last one with the CTO.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard, front-end was mostly about web tech and back-end about simple data structures and algorithms (eg what DS implement to quickly find the middle value of a list)   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Work4 Labs.

The process for Work4 Labs began with an application, then an email from the recruiter asking me to complete a two-part copywriting test in four hours via Google Docs.

Once the document is reviewed, in this case within about a week, a second email is sent to confirm an interview via Skype or phone. Mine ended up being over Skype, with me opting for a video chat. Questions began general, discussing general experiences and how I got to where I am now, then more specific about the needs they have and how I believed I could fit them.

After the half-hour chat, I was informed there would be on-site interviews to follow, if they decided to pursue them once the first round was completed. It has been nearly two weeks since I had the conversation with the recruiter and I have yet to hear back, which makes me assume I am no longer in the running.

Interview Questions
    • Because of the variety of my experience and the novelty of the industry Work4 Labs is in, it was a bit difficult to make a connection.   Answer Question

Développeur Python Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Work4 Labs in November 2012.

Le premier contact fut un questionnaire sous la forme d'un document Word qui était envoyé par mail. Le document comprenait des questions sur mes intérêts, mes loisirs, des concepts de codage simples, la conception orientée objet et MySQL. J'ai codé des solutions avec des explications et leur ai renvoyés. Une semaine plus tard, j'ai reçu une requête pour un entretien via Skype. L'entretien était compliqué, pas par rapport au contenu ou la qualité des questions, mais à cause d'une faible connexion à Skype. L'appel a été coupé 3 fois pendant une heure d'entretien et il était difficile d'entendre les chargés d'entretien à travers le fond sonore et quand ils tapaient sur leurs claviers pendant la conversation.

Interview Questions
    • L'entretien a beaucoup plus porté sur MySQL que je ne l'aurais pensé par rapport à la description de la mission. Rien de trop difficile, c'est jusque que je m'y attendais pas.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Work4 Labs in June 2012.

I applied online and then received an email, could not tell if t was automated or not, with an attached programming test. This test was rather lengthy (4-5 pages) covering algorithms, front-end and back-end web technologies and even some statistics / machine learning problems.

I was given two days to complete it. I put in a fair amount of effort into it and after my submission I didn't even receive a confirmation / follow-up email or call. Come to think of it, I didn't even get an introductory call.

I realize they're a small start-up but I've had onsite questions shorter than some on that test and this is for an intern position! A little more contact with candidates would be nice.