Work4 Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

3.2

Data Analyst Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Work4 Labs (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

6-part test on probabilities, programming, and your ideas

Sales Interview

Interview

Very weird, multiple phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question, was treated with disdain when I asked questions to sales leadership like I had no right to ask.   1 Answer

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

appplied online and they sent me some questions to solve. within a day i solved most of them sent it back

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

The Interview process contained : - selection over resume and case study - 1 interview - 1 interview - 1 case study (Facebook ads campaign simulation) The process was very LONG ! No news from them, and no clear answer on when I'll get a reply. After the whole process I just got a simple email saying that I wasn't retained for the position; no explanation, feedback, detail. They were not clear on the process. At one stage they said the process was finished. And after, they came up with an additional case study for me to do. Also, they promised me an answer next week, I got it 2 weeks after (I did follow up!). Painful process that discouraged me for any job opportunity they may have.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

The hiring process was in three phases; I first sent my résumé and cover letter via facebook, a few days later, I was sent a files with exercices and questions (motivations, behavioural + exercices corresponding to the job I was aiming; front end). After completing it, I then got a Skype interview with two engineers (front end SE and backend SE) and a last one with the CTO.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard, front-end was mostly about web tech and back-end about simple data structures and algorithms (eg what DS implement to quickly find the middle value of a list)   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs.

Interview

The process for Work4 Labs began with an application, then an email from the recruiter asking me to complete a two-part copywriting test in four hours via Google Docs. Once the document is reviewed, in this case within about a week, a second email is sent to confirm an interview via Skype or phone. Mine ended up being over Skype, with me opting for a video chat. Questions began general, discussing general experiences and how I got to where I am now, then more specific about the needs they have and how I believed I could fit them. After the half-hour chat, I was informed there would be on-site interviews to follow, if they decided to pursue them once the first round was completed. It has been nearly two weeks since I had the conversation with the recruiter and I have yet to hear back, which makes me assume I am no longer in the running.

Interview Questions

• Because of the variety of my experience and the novelty of the industry Work4 Labs is in, it was a bit difficult to make a connection.   Answer Question

Développeur Python Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Work4 Labs (Paris (France)) in November 2012.

Interview

Le premier contact fut un questionnaire sous la forme d'un document Word qui était envoyé par mail. Le document comprenait des questions sur mes intérêts, mes loisirs, des concepts de codage simples, la conception orientée objet et MySQL. J'ai codé des solutions avec des explications et leur ai renvoyés. Une semaine plus tard, j'ai reçu une requête pour un entretien via Skype. L'entretien était compliqué, pas par rapport au contenu ou la qualité des questions, mais à cause d'une faible connexion à Skype. L'appel a été coupé 3 fois pendant une heure d'entretien et il était difficile d'entendre les chargés d'entretien à travers le fond sonore et quand ils tapaient sur leurs claviers pendant la conversation.

Initial communication began with a questionnaire in the form of a Word document that was sent to my email. The questions included interest, hobbies, simple coding concepts, object oriented design, and MySQL queries. I coded up some solutions with explanations and sent it back to them. A week later I received a request for an interview via Skype. The interview was challenging not because of the content or quality of questions, but because of a poor skype connection. The call was lost 3 times during the 1 hour interview and it was difficult to hear the interviewers through the background noise and interviewers typing on their keyboards during the call.

Interview Questions

• L'entretien a beaucoup plus porté sur MySQL que je ne l'aurais pensé par rapport à la description de la mission. Rien de trop difficile, c'est jusque que je m'y attendais pas.   The interview had more emphasis on MySQL than I was expecting from the job description. Nothing was too difficult, just out not expected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Work4 Labs in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email, could not tell if t was automated or not, with an attached programming test. This test was rather lengthy (4-5 pages) covering algorithms, front-end and back-end web technologies and even some statistics / machine learning problems. I was given two days to complete it. I put in a fair amount of effort into it and after my submission I didn't even receive a confirmation / follow-up email or call. Come to think of it, I didn't even get an introductory call. I realize they're a small start-up but I've had onsite questions shorter than some on that test and this is for an intern position! A little more contact with candidates would be nice.