WorkForce Software

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Consultant Interview

Applications Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at WorkForce Software.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a team of people. Asked typical questions and resume information

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WorkForce Software.

Interview Details – Found a posting online for an entry level Software Developer position. After initial email contact with the representative, we set up a phone interview for the next week. The phone interview was a lot of standard questions about past experience, with explanations of stressful and difficult situations the interviewee has had in the past. Went through questions such as "What made this project successful?" and "When have you had to step up to cover for someone else?". Towards the end of the interview, there are a few technical questions, nothing too difficult, however.

There is a second round of interviews more focused on technical questions. I did not make it to that round, however.

Interview Question – What are the advantages of using a linked list over an array?

What is an advantage of a doubly linked list over a singly linked list?
  Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WorkForce Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and Initially I was contact by telephone. In the first interview, they asked questions primarily about my background, and experience. The second interview was a technical interview that was conducted over the phone. The technical interview is very difficult, especially if you are entry-level. My suggestion is to review data structures and algorithms very carefully before you get to the technical interview.

Interview Question – What's the difference between a MAP and a HASHMAP? How to program a spade game?   View Answer

Applications Consultant Interview

Applications Consultant
Livonia, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WorkForce Software in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process went fairly quick. I applied online and within a couple of weeks I received an email requesting that I take an exam giving you 7 minutes to answer up to 30 vocabulary and math questions. Within the following business day I had a phone interview scheduled, shortly followed by a face-to-face interview. When I arrived I noticed I was the only person dressed in business attire. The environment seemed friendly and relaxed. The first part of the interview was me taking another exam, which I was told everyone gets regardless of which position they interview for. I then met with a panel of three people, including the hiring manager. After that, I was scheduled to meet with someone in upper management but he had already left the office for the day. Less than a week later I received an offer.

Interview Question – Given software code, figure out what will prevent the program from running and make modifications to reach different results. For example, given software code for a fibonacci sequence, change it to a tribonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because it was for less money than what I had already made. In order to negotiate I had to come in to meet with a VP. He insulted me a bit, and it seemed more like he was trying to talk me out of accepting the offer than anything else. We never even discussed the money. At that point my impression of the company had changed and so I declined the offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Livonia, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WorkForce Software in June 2012.

Interview Details – Met the company at a booth at a career fair, where someone asked me a few basic questions about programming and my experience in college and previous jobs. After beign satisfied I generally knew what I was doing, they took my resume and directed me to apply for a given position online. Two phone screens from different recruiters happened next, both of which were an even split of personal and technical questions. Most likely this got a feel if I was fairly smart, had a good background, and was personable enough to fit into the company's culture. After that I was scheduled for the final, onsite interview, which was a very detailed technical interview involving white board algorithm solving, and practical algorithm development on a computer.

Interview Question – Intricate algorithm questions, and then expectation of implementation on the fly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave an extremely reasonable offer, and I accepted in a few days, after weighing against other offers.

Configuration Specialist II Interview

Livonia, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WorkForce Software in September 2012.

Interview Details – I posted for the job and was contacted to do a phone interview. After a couple days a on-site interview was scheduled. The on-site interview started with an assessment (programming questions), then followed by meeting with 2 managers and finally meeting with the Director of HR.

Interview Question – Must be able to detect programming errors and answer programming questions (Fibonacci Algorithm)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Solutions Delivery Interview

Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at WorkForce Software in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was designed to find out what candidates are good at and candidates are bad at. You are asked about the things that you have been good at. They tell you a lot about this program in the interview process and they really want to know why you think you would be a good candidate.

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were not possible. There was a firm offer and they were not willing to budge.

Proposal Writer Interview

Livonia, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WorkForce Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who asked for my resume, upon review they requested a telephone interview that was conducted a week later and lasted one hour and twenty minutes. The interview focused on my background and past experiences that were similar to the role I was applying for. The recruiter was very friendly, professional and easy to talk with. At the end of the interview I was told the notes would be shared with others and we would most likely conduct a second telephone interview. After two weeks of my calls and emails being ignored I finally received a voice mail that a second telephone interview was not going to be scheduled. No additional information or comments were given and my follow up phone calls and emails went unanswered.

Interview Question – The age old question, "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WorkForce Software in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long interview process.
First technical interview - checking OOP concepts and SQL knowledge,
then almost a full day test, - Java
and then a final interview with the project managers.

Interview Question – For me it was a SQL question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WorkForce Software.

Interview Details – Interesting and most realistic process to recruit resource i have ever seen. Starts from an Initial Interview round and candidates are filtered right there based on they should meet their minimum expectation and know "something". Giving them hints during interview to get through second round.

Second round involves solving bunch of problems via programming right there using IDE. Whats seen is approach to solve problems. Quality NOT Quantity matters.

Finally, if one met their expectation are called for discussing package where they give review about your performance and overview of their business and finally offer you package.

Interview Question – Solve problem via Bi-partite Graph   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for WorkForce Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WorkForce Software interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by WorkForce Software employees and interview candidates.