Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at WorkSafeBC
- Co-Op Student (1)
- Business Analyst Intern (1)
- Business Intelligence Analyst (1)
- Occupational Safety Officer (1)
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at WorkSafeBC.
Resumes are screened by a computerized process, so there has to be a minimum number of 'hits' in the resume of key words. Read the job description carefully and be sure to include as many words or terms as possible. Once it passes the robot screener, you're almost guaranteed a contact if the qualifications are met. Next step is a KSA(knowledge, skills, abilities) test which is quite straight forward. This process includes a basic written and oral communication assessment. The final step is a behavioural interview and reference check. They do check references, so make sure you list valid, accessible references on the resume.
- With your qualifications and experience, you could be working in private industry for double the salary offered here. Why do you want to work here? Answer Question
Very little room for wage negotiation (unionized postion).
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at WorkSafeBC.
Interviewed by the reporting managers directly, after initial screening from the HR. I loved my interview process, where I got to know the managers very well. I was made extremely comfortable.
- Why WorkSafeBC, and why now? Was followed up by multiple questions to see if I have done prior researching about WorkSafeBC before applying. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2010.
3 person panel behavioural interview
- What is your experience with change management in your former workplace? Answer Question