WorkSafeBC Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Situational Questions. Friendly, very well structured. They allowed a good amount of time to develop my answers. It was important that I had read about the organization because they want to know that you care about this company. The interviewer knew what was needed for the job and was open to my questions. Overall it was a good experience to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve a process?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

Resumes are screened by a computerized process, so there has to be a minimum number of 'hits' in the resume of key words. Read the job description carefully and be sure to include as many words or terms as possible. Once it passes the robot screener, you're almost guaranteed a contact if the qualifications are met. Next step is a KSA(knowledge, skills, abilities) test which is quite straight forward. This process includes a basic written and oral communication assessment. The final step is a behavioural interview and reference check. They do check references, so make sure you list valid, accessible references on the resume.

Interview Questions

• With your qualifications and experience, you could be working in private industry for double the salary offered here. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for wage negotiation (unionized postion).

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC.

Interview

Interviewed by the reporting managers directly, after initial screening from the HR. I loved my interview process, where I got to know the managers very well. I was made extremely comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why WorkSafeBC, and why now? Was followed up by multiple questions to see if I have done prior researching about WorkSafeBC before applying.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WorkSafeBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

3 person panel behavioural interview

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with change management in your former workplace?   Answer Question