Workday

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.7

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

Interview at on-campus career fair, then was scheduled to come on-site to for interviews. Had 4 interviews of around 45 mins each, with lunch provided. Overall, relatively easy interview. Some talk about items on my resume, and actually had some pretty interesting conversations related to items on it. All interviewers were very friendly, and I felt comfortable through the entire process.

Associate Data Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

First Round: On campus Interview. 45 mins. Two probability questions, one programming question. General questions about machine learning algorithms. One on one interview. Relaxed and comfortable, guide you through the process. White boarding. Programming language: choose the one you feel comfortable with. I chose Python. Basic probability questions concerning combinatorics and conditional probability.

Interview Questions
    • Russian roulette. Should I spin the revolver if I did not get killed after the first shot.   Answer Question

HCM Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Workday.

A "somewhat" lengthy interview process between Recruiter and Hiring Managers.

A lot of redundant questions that were not all that different from other companies.

Different expectations and direction from both Recruiter and Hiring Managers as to what was going to be "covered" during the interview process. i.e., what will be asked by each interviewer.

Multiple phone interviews spread out over weeks. That was somewhat frustrating since most unemployed people do not have disposable income to fancy months of interviewing time. This process could have been more organized and consolidated since there were multiple interviews with the same interviewers. A bit of "arrogance" in the importance of their time verses any possible hardship on the other end of the process.

In-person interviews at multiple locations with the same (and a few additional) interviewers.

I was asked to come up with an "ambiguous presentation" for one interview session. Very open ended request (which I took as the actual "test") but I like those type of challenging tasks so that went very well.

Take a lot of notes and do your homework on your interviewers.

Keep track of the questions they are asking and stay true to yourself and your answers. I can only surmise the redundancies are somehow linked to making sure you are giving the same answers and presenting the same values to everyone in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Only one interview question stood out and it wasn't actually that "out of the norm". I was asked what was most important to me from a "management" perspective.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

Only had a 45 minutes on-campus interview. Not too hard. Just basic questions. Probably because it was just a pre-select interview and it was for internship. Interviewer was very friendly and it was a pleasant experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Workday in February 2015.

Was setup to have a phone interview. The female called me 10 minutes late from a cell phone. Sounded like she was on the road and was not taking any notes.
    She told me liked me and would reach back out, but has not done so. Tried emailing her a few times with no response. Unprofessional.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday in February 2015.

I have applied the Associate Software Engineer intern on the career fair of my university and the same day I got a phone call to schedule an interview on next day. The interview is 45 mins long and starts behavioral questions like why software engineering and past experience. Then the interview gave the introduction of major work done by Workday software engineers and something else about the company. After that the interviewer asked technical questions regarding Java and finally get to a coding question. The interviewer is really nice and helps me through the whole interview process

Data Scientist Interview

General questions about resume, asked about data analysis projects I have worked on and asked any stats models i am aware and asked to write a progam on white board

Interview Questions
    • Integer array get pairs of values that equal a certain target value   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Workday.

started with an on-line application (nice user interface), followed by a recruiter phone screen, there were 3 phone interviews with hiring managers leading up to an in-person presentation (audition) to a panel

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Workday.

interview process was handled by HR and recruiting. Contact was quick, process flowed very well. Constant contact with recruiter from start to finish. Process was very smooth and efficient. Phone screen with hiring manager turned into onsite interview with 4 team members. Came back for second round with 4 additional team members and wrapped up with SVP interview for culture fit.

Quick and pretty easy.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Workday.

Talked to a representative at my college career fair. I was asked for an initial interview that same day which had no technical questions. I was then invited to an all day interview on their campus with four different interviewers. Most interviewers were quite easy to talk to, but one guy gave off a bit of a cold vibe that was off putting. I was told I would receive some kind of communication that I did or did not have an offer, but never received anything.

Interview Questions
    • Given a matrix, how many paths (where going diagonally is not allowed) are there from the upper left cell to a given cell.   Answer Question