Workday

100 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Support Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – Took 4 months of interviews to get an offer.

Interview Question – How to handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer so I did not negotiate.

Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – Met them at a campus career fair. Got a call later that day for an on campus interview. The interview was split in two parts. I think the first was the actual interview, and the second was more of a question and answer type deal with a current integrations consultant. Everything seemed to go well and it was relaxed and comfortable. Not any unexpected questions just asked about experience. Thought it went well but then never heard from them.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just general experience. Didn't get to the final round though.   Answer Question

Corporate Sales Development Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Workday in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed over the phone, then they emiled me with questions about my expected salary and what other jobs I had applied for. For the interview, I drove there and was interviewed one-on-one by 4 different people.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers askd me what questions I had over and over again... just make sure you have a lot of questions prepared. They also asked how I handle rejection and what goals I have in life not related to work.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Workday in March 2014.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by an on-site interview 6-8 weeks later. They didn't contact me for a long time after the initial interview, maybe a month or so.

Interview Question – Technical interview was entirely UML. A good knowledge of UML and OO design is helpful to doing well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They ask you for a salary range during the on-site interview. It is important to have a good idea of what you want then, with regards to both full compensation and salary.

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by the recruiter initially and was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Cleared the phone interview and was called for onsite interview with 4 people spanning 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Workday in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was with the Manager himself. I had a reference who know him so I managed to circumvent the "Recruiter Checkbox Phone Filter" which Workday is well known for

Interview Question – "What exactly are you looking for?" I find this hard because I can do a number of things and I don't care to be pidgeon holed into one role.   Answer Question

Integration Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Workday

Interview Details – Very thorough yet very rewarding. The management who did my interviews were very transparent and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Question – Describe to me how you would walk my grandma through fixing her tv.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Have detailed knowledge about Object Oriented Programing and Class Diagrams. Be ready to explain cardinality, inheritance and other OOP Design methodologies.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very straight-forward. Create Netflix ordering queue   Answer Question

Associate Functional Consultant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke to at my university's career fair, then received a phone call later that afternoon to interview the next day on campus. Interview was pretty basic, they seemed very interested in my previous experience with implementation at a software company. I think they are looking for more experienced candidates than their job description led on. Overall, a pretty easy-going interview. HR did take a while to get back to me after a few follow-up emails, which they answered with information that wasn't totally helpful.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just be prepared to talk about past experiences.   Answer Question

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Associate Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Talked to a former colleague who worked at Workday at my university's career fair in January. I initially told him I wasn't going to talk to any of the people in charge there because I had already didn't advance past 1st round interviews in November, but he told me it was worth a shot. That evening I got a phone call asking if I'd like to take part in an on campus interview the following morning, which I agreed to. This initial interview was heavy on UML type questions, and class interactions, and then followed up by a traditional programming question.

Two weeks later I get an email asking if I'd like to participate in final round interviews onsite. You have to make all the travel arrangements by yourself, but the recruiter in charge of all the expenses was very helpful and quick.

Two weeks after that, was the day of the interview. They start early, a little before 8 o'clock. They give you breakfast (bagels, yum), make you introduce yourself to everyone, and then give an overview of how the day will go. Because I was interviewing for the App Dev position, they took the other 4 of us interviewing for it to a conference room to show us the language and how it works. There was a little bit of an issue with the internet, but it answered a lot of questions I had about their propriety language, and they discuss why they use it. From there, we were rushed into individual rooms to be interviewed for 4 straight hours.

Luckily, these interviews are pretty short (most are 30 minutes, others are 15) and you mostly discuss the projects you've done, your goals and ambitions, and what interests you about Workday. I don't know if it's common, but one of the 30 minute interviews was psuedo-technical, and the interviewer asked what divide-and-conquer algorithms I knew, and the complexity of them. Everyone was ridiculously friendly, and didn't suffer from the know-it-all attitude I've had interviewing with other companies. The technical question was an hour long, and and more class diagram stuff, which wasn't too bad, but I did freeze up a little near the end. This was also followed up with a small psudeocode programming challenge.

After the interviews, they feed you lunch, and then demo the product and the language, and allow everyone to participate. After two hours of that, they discuss benefits and then let you go on your merry way.

One week after that, I got a phone call from my recruiter offering me the position. Couldn't be happier!

Interview Question – Create an Amazon sales invoice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't attempt to negotiate. The offer was already 5k higher than I originally asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Workday

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday interview questions and advice. All 100 interview reviews posted anonymously by Workday employees and interview candidates.