Workday

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview (30-45 min). Be prepared to state why you're interested in this company as well as this role. Be clear about your previous product management experiences and/or your experience with software. Overall, it's very standard as far as product management interviews go.

2. Onsite Interview (3 back-to-back + "orientation"). There was a technical, non-coding interview as well as two fit interviews. Having a solid grasp of Internet architecture and the Agile software development pattern is a definite plus.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Associate Applications Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – The whole process took about two weeks. I applied online and received a message from HR within a couple days. We set up an half hour phone screen that was half technical, half background/personality. Background/personality was the normal questions, and technical was fairly simple - basic software design, know UML, inheritance, polymorphism, aggregation, etc... Phone screener was very polite and nice, which matched Workday's reputation as a great company to work for. Two days later I received an email to fill out a questionnaire and set up an onsite interview.

I interviewed on Friday of the next week, it was a pretty standard 4 hour interview with 8 one on ones, one of which was a lunch. They started off extremely friendly to get me comfortable, talking about hobbies, books, games, background, etc. There was a product demo, a technical part where I was asked to design a netflix queue a UML-like language. Then a lunch where I hung out and shot the breeze with a dude my age. Then, finally, ended off with a bar raiser who was gently out for blood. It was my first onsite interview and I felt like I hadn't approached a lot of questions as well as smoothly as I could have, which is extraordinarily important with Workday - a very culture-orientated company. Pretty much everyone I interviewed with had gotten in through people they had worked with before and when they asked me if I knew anyone working there and I said "no", they seemed visibly surprised (disappointed maybe?). I left feeling pretty meh about the whole thing, but with a slimmer of hope that they might give me an offer.

Approximately three months later I'm still waiting. I sent my recruiter an email which was ignored. I understand that they have no desire to hire me. However, I expect common courtesy, especially from an established company that touts itself as a friendly, culture-orientated place to work. Looking through glassdoor, it seems like Workday will often leave people hanging like this...

Interview Question – Design a netflix queue in UML, communicate with the interviewer a lot about exactly what they want. Review cardinality and some UML diagrams beforehand and you should be fine   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on campus and got an on campus interview about a week later. Had one interview that was not too difficult. Question involved manipulating strings. Got result back in about 2 weeks. The interviewer was very nice and seemed to enjoy the company a lot. I only had contact with the recruiter when I received the offer and she was very willing to answer any questions you had.

Interview Question – One question about manipulating strings   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Senior Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Workday in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very communicative, professional recruiter and team. First called by recruiter who then set up phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was for an hour with questions on OOP and data modelling. One site interview was with 6 people. Questions on java concepts and a detailed technical question on drawing a class diagram for a specific business case. Very professional and friendly staff that take the interview process seriously.

Interview Question – Class diagram for a specific business case. This is get an understanding of the candidate's ability to translate the functional problem into design and implementation.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Workday in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen with recruiter

2. A few days later, phone interview with hiring manager

3. Given a test to complete over the weekend

4. A few days later, invited for an in-person interview. Talked with 4 different people over 2 hours; very efficient. Not everyone seemed familiar with my resume/background, but they were all interested in figuring out cultural fit.

5. The next week, I went in for another in-person. 3 people this time, more senior. Same thing, and these people seemed even more concerned with fit.

6. A week or so later, I had a third in-person. They are really thorough during the interview process in terms of how many people you speak to and what levels they are on. The final person I met with was a C-level executive.

In general, none of the questions were difficult. I came prepared to defend my abilities, and it was much more about learning who I am as a person and how I work with others. We talked a LOT about culture.

Negotiation Details – I was offered much more than I expected and given a better title than I interviewed for. I felt that the compensation package was really generous.

My only complaint was that this process took a lot longer than the rest of the interview process, but they kept communicating with me throughout.

Associate Integration Consultant Interview

Associate Integration Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's job board. About 3 weeks later, I had a phone interview which lead to a on-site interview a week later. A week after that, I got the call saying that they gave the job to someone with slightly more technical experience.

The interviews went well, the phone interview was just with one person, the integration team manager, and then the on-site interview was with 6 different people. Half were on-site, the other half were via video conference. There's nothing too unexpected, they really just want to make sure your technical experience is there and that you understand what the job entails. I feel like I had both of these down, but I did not get the job. I know for a fact that I was facing peers from the same school as me, and I just assume that they had some more technical experience.

The dress for the interview was business casual. The HR people at the headquarters are also very good at their job and will always reply to your emails.

Interview Question – Not most difficult, but you should know the answer to: What is an integration?   Answer Question

Associate Quality Assurance Engineer - Finance Interview

Associate Quality Assurance Engineer - Finance
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday in April 2014.

Interview Details – A group of interviewees arrived at 7:45am. We had to shout 'Workday' at the top of our lungs before they proceeded.
We spent 90 minutes introducing ourselves to the recruiters and the recruiters doing the same.
Then went went to 6 interviews, 30 minutes each, back to back with only a very short pause between each.
After the interviews they catered Togos to us and we ate alongside about the interviewers and recruiters.
Then they gave us a 1 hour demo how their espresso language ui qa ui system works.
After that we got a 1 hour demo on the Workday product.
Lastly they took us to the break room and let us socialize with regular employees.
After that we said goodbye.

Interview Question – 5 out of 6 interviewers 1st question was: Why Workday?   Answer Question

Senior Integration Consultant Interview

Senior Integration Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – Had several interviews with a Recruiter and several Interviews with a Manager. Recruiter told me I would have to prepare a powerpoint presentation and gave me several topics to choose from. I had to cover three of the topics. Most of the topics involved somewhat advanced Excel skills (creating pivot tables, ect...). Not very complicated. I went to the Chicago office (they didn't pay for any transportation costs...parking...) and met separately with 4 employees in person and two on the phone. Then I made my presentation to a group and gave a demo to prove I knew the advanced exel functionality. I even created handouts for the participants and felt the presentation went well.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult. I just spent quite a lot of time creating the presentation material and content.   Answer Question

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Associate QA Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by the recruiter initially and was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Cleared the phone interview and was called for onsite interview with 4 people spanning 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Integration Consultant Interview

Integration Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – Met them at a campus career fair. Got a call later that day for an on campus interview. The interview was split in two parts. I think the first was the actual interview, and the second was more of a question and answer type deal with a current integrations consultant. Everything seemed to go well and it was relaxed and comfortable. Not any unexpected questions just asked about experience. Thought it went well but then never heard from them.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just general experience. Didn't get to the final round though.   Answer Question

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!