Workday Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

The first step was a recruiter phone screen. Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next came an on-site interview day with about 5 interviewers. This included the hiring manager, the director for the group, and other consultants on the team. There was a good mix of questions that covered consulting concepts as well as technical concepts. There were no formal tests or exams. The process was smooth and moved fast. The recruiter was extremely helpful throughout the process. It was the smoothest interview process that I've gone through in my career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your consulting experience and past interactions with clients.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews - one with recruiter and one with hiring manager. The recruiter gets to decide what position to place you. You don't get to interview for the position you applied for. Phone interviews were good. However, the onsite interview is another story. This review is specific to one of the interviewers/managers at Workday. This review does not apply to other interviewers. THE INTERVIEWER ACTUALLY SAID SOME NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT NETSUITE. I am not an employee but an applicant!!! My former boss happens to be one of the Directors at NetSuite and she is fantastic!!! I found the comment from Workday extremely unprofessional. Nope, Workday, you're not better than NetSuite. Sorry.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, product presentation. Why Workday? Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Met up with manager on campus. We talked about my background, what I wanted to do, etc. Didn't ask me any serious technical questions, which was very weird. He was very nice and professional. Talked a bit about workday's in-house java wrapper software, xpresso. Overall it was an easy interview. In retrospect I would have applied for a more technical position, since Application Dev Intern didn't do it for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try negotiating.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter set up a data and time. Phone screen and online coding interview. The guy interviewing was nice, gave instant feedback. What do you know about the workday.

Interview Questions

• Hypothesis testing, p value, different classification algorithms, logistic regression vs neural network   Answer Question

Associate Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview - Local manager asking basic skill and behavior questions Visit to Office - Tech test, showing my OO skills. (UML data modeling) Final Interview in California - LONG DAY, FUN DAY. Only really 2-3 hours of interviews - mostly behavioral and one technical. By this point, they are pretty certain that you are technically sound.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be defined by what you do for a living, or make your job part of your life, and define your job by who you are?   Answer Question

Associate Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I was contacted via email after applying at an on campus career fair. The interview itself was fine, but the recruiter never confirmed at which of my available times she would call and I just got a call. Overall I just didn't a nice experience with their coordinating staff, they don't respond promptly actually at all.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

two phone screens, one with recruiter another with hiring manager. if you are fit for the role you should breeze through these with flying colors. next is a 4hr onsite with 8 individuals, ranging from colleagues, managers, senior managers, engineers, and VPs. You better calm your nerves or this could really be a long 4 hours. Questions ranged from general background questions to behavioral, to technical questions. Wrap things up with a technical design session to test product knowledge, presentation skills, and ability to think quickly. I was given an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always negotiate. Starting comp is high.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Had good contact with corporate recruiters the whole time. Was contacted for a phone screen, and I guess they liked me. I ended up at an on-site interview, which was a pretty intense multi-hour affair with 6+ people coming in for 1 on 1s. Was very comfortable atmosphere, not intimidating and gave a good feel for the culture and type of people there. Technical portion was limited to whiteboard design questions/process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at workday?   1 Answer

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought in to fill a job req that, unfortunately, changed a few days after the interview. The overall experience was excellent, and it's clear that Workday has a welcoming, diverse, and flexible corporate culture. They actively look at improving their processes, and seek to hire people who can get to work instead of looking for purple squirrels or simply fulfill a checklist of qualities.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question was a troubleshooting scenario that involved an improperly provisioned machine that had been shut off a few years ago and was accidentally powered on, breaking an application's functionality.   Answer Question

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was a bit long but good. The results were a bit slow. They had 4rounds in all with the final one as in person. The HR took a lot of time to respond and I've to get back to them for the result.

Interview Questions

• They asked about design problems in the telephonic interviews. In person interview they had four rounds and they gave a demo about the application and the framework they use. The last round was about design again where they gave a lot of scenarios and asked the design changes I'll propose. The overall experience was good.   Answer Question