Workday

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.7

Associate Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Workday.

I applied through my college's job board. About 3 weeks later, I had a phone interview which lead to a on-site interview a week later. A week after that, I got the call saying that they gave the job to someone with slightly more technical experience.

The interviews went well, the phone interview was just with one person, the integration team manager, and then the on-site interview was with 6 different people. Half were on-site, the other half were via video conference. There's nothing too unexpected, they really just want to make sure your technical experience is there and that you understand what the job entails. I feel like I had both of these down, but I did not get the job. I know for a fact that I was facing peers from the same school as me, and I just assume that they had some more technical experience.

The dress for the interview was business casual. The HR people at the headquarters are also very good at their job and will always reply to your emails.

Interview Questions
    • Not most difficult, but you should know the answer to: What is an integration?   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Workday in May 2014.

Very communicative, professional recruiter and team. First called by recruiter who then set up phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was for an hour with questions on OOP and data modelling. One site interview was with 6 people. Questions on java concepts and a detailed technical question on drawing a class diagram for a specific business case. Very professional and friendly staff that take the interview process seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Class diagram for a specific business case. This is get an understanding of the candidate's ability to translate the functional problem into design and implementation.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Workday in May 2014.

1) Got contacted by the recruiter (who was actually temporarily subbing for someone else who was on vacation so she could not answer any of my questions about the job, not even whether it was full time or contract) 2) Scheduled an interview with hiring manager 3) It turned out that it was a contract position and I was looking for full time.

Overall, I did not feel like I could connect well with the hiring manager (she seemed slightly disengaged) and that she would be someone I would like to work with.

Senior Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Workday.

Had several interviews with a Recruiter and several Interviews with a Manager. Recruiter told me I would have to prepare a powerpoint presentation and gave me several topics to choose from. I had to cover three of the topics. Most of the topics involved somewhat advanced Excel skills (creating pivot tables, ect...). Not very complicated. I went to the Chicago office (they didn't pay for any transportation costs...parking...) and met separately with 4 employees in person and two on the phone. Then I made my presentation to a group and gave a demo to prove I knew the advanced exel functionality. I even created handouts for the participants and felt the presentation went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. I just spent quite a lot of time creating the presentation material and content.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Workday in April 2014.

1. Phone screen with recruiter

2. A few days later, phone interview with hiring manager

3. Given a test to complete over the weekend

4. A few days later, invited for an in-person interview. Talked with 4 different people over 2 hours; very efficient. Not everyone seemed familiar with my resume/background, but they were all interested in figuring out cultural fit.

5. The next week, I went in for another in-person. 3 people this time, more senior. Same thing, and these people seemed even more concerned with fit.

6. A week or so later, I had a third in-person. They are really thorough during the interview process in terms of how many people you speak to and what levels they are on. The final person I met with was a C-level executive.

In general, none of the questions were difficult. I came prepared to defend my abilities, and it was much more about learning who I am as a person and how I work with others. We talked a LOT about culture.

I was offered much more than I expected and given a better title than I interviewed for. I felt that the compensation package was really generous.

My only complaint was that this process took a lot longer than the rest of the interview process, but they kept communicating with me throughout.

Associate Quality Assurance Engineer - Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Workday in April 2014.

A group of interviewees arrived at 7:45am. We had to shout 'Workday' at the top of our lungs before they proceeded.
    We spent 90 minutes introducing ourselves to the recruiters and the recruiters doing the same.
    Then went went to 6 interviews, 30 minutes each, back to back with only a very short pause between each.
    After the interviews they catered Togos to us and we ate alongside about the interviewers and recruiters.
    Then they gave us a 1 hour demo how their espresso language ui qa ui system works.
    After that we got a 1 hour demo on the Workday product.
    Lastly they took us to the break room and let us socialize with regular employees.
    After that we said goodbye.

Interview Questions
    • 5 out of 6 interviewers 1st question was: Why Workday?   Answer Question

Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

Met them at a campus career fair. Got a call later that day for an on campus interview. The interview was split in two parts. I think the first was the actual interview, and the second was more of a question and answer type deal with a current integrations consultant. Everything seemed to go well and it was relaxed and comfortable. Not any unexpected questions just asked about experience. Thought it went well but then never heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just general experience. Didn't get to the final round though.   Answer Question

Production Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Workday.

Took 4 months of interviews to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer so I did not negotiate.

Integration Consultant Interview

Very thorough yet very rewarding. The management who did my interviews were very transparent and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me how you would walk my grandma through fixing her tv.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Intern Interview

talked to them at my school's career fair
    phone screening where they asked questions about myself and whether I had any about the company. A little class design for modeling a CourseCatalog for a university.

Interview Questions
    • Walk through the class diagram of personnel at a college.   Answer Question