Workday

107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engagement Manager Interview

Engagement Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was actually relatively quick. I applied and within 2 days I received an email for a phone Interview. I scheduled the interview via email presenting several date and time options for the HR recruiter. He picked a date and time. Then we had the phone interview. Quite simplistic. I should have known better.

Interview Question – Why are we talking today ?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Workday

Interview Details – Asked about my background and interests before asking technical questions. Was asked to do a simple whiteboard coding exercise and then analyzed the efficiency of my solution.

Interview Question – Find the first non-repeating character in a string   Answer Question

Associate Test Automation Engineer Interview

Associate Test Automation Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Workday in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Workday in October 2013 through a career fair held on-campus. I heard back from a recruiter in December and scheduled a phone interview with the Automation team's manager. The questions were all behavioral. A week or two later I heard back from the recruiter saying they would like to schedule an on-site interview.

I interviewed on-site in January. All the team members and HR staff were friendly and I was again asked all behavioral questions. They seem to be looking for a team member who will fit well with the team than an extremely experienced individual. HR told me they would respond to me before the deadline of my then other offer (2 weeks). It has now been a month and a half and I have not heard back from HR.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday in August 2013.

Interview Details – I spent about an hour on a phone interview and everything seemed to be going well. The recruiter was very upbeat and (appeared to be) feeling very positive about my qualifications for the position and fit for the company. I was told that we would have a decision about moving on to a second interview with the hiring manager within a couple of days.

After five days had passed and no word back from the recruiter, I sent an email inquiry, asking if things were moving forward. No response. A couple of weeks later, I sent a second email inquiry. Again, no response. It's now several months later and of course at this point I'm not expecting to hear anything.

I would have greatly appreciated a "we're not interested at this time" communication of some sort but apparently that is not how the Workday recruiters operate. It was a strange experience going from a seemingly positive interview to the silent treatment.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult or unexpected questions - perhaps I'm overqualified for the job.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Associate Applications Developer Intern Interview

Associate Applications Developer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at my university's career fair. I handed him my resume and we talked for a couple of minutes. Later that night, I got a call about scheduling an interview the following day. Overall the recruiter was really nice. I'm still waiting for them to follow up with whether I got an offer or not.

Interview Question – The main questions they asked are what sorting algorithms do you know and how do they work. And what are the main principles of OOP.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

Interviewed at Workday

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with hiring managers, very basic questions. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, "what kind of person you are", and what you know about the industry. They hire directly out of college for this position, so needing to know a lot about the industry isn't a must, but definitely a positive. They will explain everything to you during the interview so make sure to take notes for the third interview if you make it, because it is an all day interview. I haven't had the third interview yet, so i'm not positive what to expect.

Interview Question – "what is something you would like to do more of and something you would like to do less of?"   Answer Question

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Applications Developer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Workday in January 2014.

Interview Details – I went to the career fair and then I got a call back that night and they wanted me to meet with them the next day. They asked me about the projects I've done. They asked about situational questions about UML. They asked about encapsulation and inheritance. Nothing technical.

Interview Question – Study about UML, encapsulation, polymorphism, abstract, inheritance.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Intern Interview

Associate Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair in October and handed them my resume. Got a call about scheduling an on-campus interview and then an email to confirm the time. My interviewer asked a behavioral question that was really oddly phrased and how to find the nth Fibonacci number. After the interview, I had to email HR quite a few times before I got a definitive answer about my application status. Took them until January to tell me I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical question was standard: Find the nth Fibonacci number.   View Answer
  • Behavioral question was strange: If the world was going to end tomorrow and you only had a day to build a computer that would save the world, which two people would you choose and why?   Answer Question

SDEI Interview

SDEI

Interviewed at Workday

Interview Details – talked to them at a campus event and got contacted for an interview a few weeks later. interview mostly asked me about things on my resume and there was one oop question.

Interview Question – reverse string   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, followed by on site interview with panel.nothing very difficult. Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult.   Answer Question