Workday Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.7

Engagement Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

It was actually relatively quick. I applied and within 2 days I received an email for a phone Interview. I scheduled the interview via email presenting several date and time options for the HR recruiter. He picked a date and time. Then we had the phone interview. Quite simplistic. I should have known better.

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Workday in August 2011.

I submitted my resume to Workday based on a posting on the careers portion of their web site. A recruiter called me within a few days and did an initial phone screen interview. He informed me that the process would consist of several telephone interviews, in-person interviews, a presentations and potentially a trip to Pleasanton for additional interviews. He indicated that he would work to set up the phone interviews and would get back to me. He got back to me within a week and I had one telephone interview with the hiring manager. This led to an invitation for a lunch interview with the hiring manager and an individual who was currently a Workday Engagement Manager. I was asked questions about my software deployment experience, project management capabilities and general business capabilities. The interview went well and the recruiter called me to let me know they would like me to talk to additional people over the phone. It took a few weeks to set up these phone calls. Once those were complete, I was asked to do a series of interviews in NY. I agreed and met with some of the same people I had already spoken to as well as some new ones. I also did a presentation. The presentation was based on information that was provided to me by the recruiter. He did not send this information until the Friday prior to a Tuesday interview. It is unclear if this was by design.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult part. The requirement is to prepare a presentation based on the information that is provided using your judgment and experience to craft a cogent and informative picture for your audience. The presentations differs based on the role you are interviewing for.   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation available.

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Workday in January 2013.

Several phone interviews prior to face to face

Intern Interview

Asked about my background and interests before asking technical questions. Was asked to do a simple whiteboard coding exercise and then analyzed the efficiency of my solution.

Associate Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Workday in January 2014.

I applied to Workday in October 2013 through a career fair held on-campus. I heard back from a recruiter in December and scheduled a phone interview with the Automation team's manager. The questions were all behavioral. A week or two later I heard back from the recruiter saying they would like to schedule an on-site interview.

I interviewed on-site in January. All the team members and HR staff were friendly and I was again asked all behavioral questions. They seem to be looking for a team member who will fit well with the team than an extremely experienced individual. HR told me they would respond to me before the deadline of my then other offer (2 weeks). It has now been a month and a half and I have not heard back from HR.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday in August 2013.

I spent about an hour on a phone interview and everything seemed to be going well. The recruiter was very upbeat and (appeared to be) feeling very positive about my qualifications for the position and fit for the company. I was told that we would have a decision about moving on to a second interview with the hiring manager within a couple of days.

After five days had passed and no word back from the recruiter, I sent an email inquiry, asking if things were moving forward. No response. A couple of weeks later, I sent a second email inquiry. Again, no response. It's now several months later and of course at this point I'm not expecting to hear anything.

I would have greatly appreciated a "we're not interested at this time" communication of some sort but apparently that is not how the Workday recruiters operate. It was a strange experience going from a seemingly positive interview to the silent treatment.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult or unexpected questions - perhaps I'm overqualified for the job.   View Answer

Associate Applications Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Workday.

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair. I handed him my resume and we talked for a couple of minutes. Later that night, I got a call about scheduling an interview the following day. Overall the recruiter was really nice. I'm still waiting for them to follow up with whether I got an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • The main questions they asked are what sorting algorithms do you know and how do they work. And what are the main principles of OOP.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Two phone interviews with hiring managers, very basic questions. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, "what kind of person you are", and what you know about the industry. They hire directly out of college for this position, so needing to know a lot about the industry isn't a must, but definitely a positive. They will explain everything to you during the interview so make sure to take notes for the third interview if you make it, because it is an all day interview. I haven't had the third interview yet, so i'm not positive what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • "what is something you would like to do more of and something you would like to do less of?"   Answer Question

Applications Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Workday in January 2014.

I went to the career fair and then I got a call back that night and they wanted me to meet with them the next day. They asked me about the projects I've done. They asked about situational questions about UML. They asked about encapsulation and inheritance. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • Study about UML, encapsulation, polymorphism, abstract, inheritance.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday.

Met them at a career fair in October and handed them my resume. Got a call about scheduling an on-campus interview and then an email to confirm the time. My interviewer asked a behavioral question that was really oddly phrased and how to find the nth Fibonacci number. After the interview, I had to email HR quite a few times before I got a definitive answer about my application status. Took them until January to tell me I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question was standard: Find the nth Fibonacci number.   View Answer
    • Behavioral question was strange: If the world was going to end tomorrow and you only had a day to build a computer that would save the world, which two people would you choose and why?   Answer Question