Workday Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I went to a college job fair and talked to one of the recruiting teams. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from the team I talked with, however my friend who works there referred me to all positions. Four weeks later, I got an email saying they were reviewing my application. A day later, I received an email asking for me to contact them to see if I was available for a phone interview. I got a 30 minute phone interview a few days later. The interviewer was extremely nice and we connected pretty well. He asked me about background info, my resume, and my projects. He also asked me if I had experience in Java and knew information about OOP and UML. That following week I got a follow up from my recruiter.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday in March 2015.

Interview

Met Workday at College Career Fair, then submitted application. Heard back saying I had a phone interview, and asking me for times, then never got back to me. I am currently emailing them to see why I haven't heard back.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

meet the HR at campus career fair, scheduled a on campus interview on the next day, pass it. Scheduled an onsite interview. The onsite interview consists of 4 back to back 45 minutes interview, most questions were behavioral. Only one of the interviews was pure technical, the rest are mostly behavioral. After the onsite interview I was told that I could expect the feedback within 2-3 days. However I never heard them back and had to send email to ask for feedback. Rejection. "Thanks but no thanks." I guess that's what most HR are like, very friendly at the beginning, and just don't bother dealing with candidates once the interview is completed. The reason for rejection is kinda surprising, the recruiter told me I need too much help and coaching to get a working solution. Per my understanding candidates should always ask questions and engaging conversation with the interviewer.I could just shut up and do the coding myself and don't talk at all, but I know that's not how technical interviews work and communication skills is also very important. However I never anticipate this would become the reason for rejection. The result was really disappointing as I thought I did really well for all interviews.Overall the onsite interview was a good experience, most interviewers were very friendly and easy going. The interviwer for the only technical interview was not that approachable. No offense to him and it is nothing personal, but he didn't seem interested at me or the interview at all, I felt that all he wanted is finishing the interview and get out of the room. I feel the interview is not really skill based but luck based, if your technical interviewer has a relatively dry temper, in a bad mood or having an off day, you are basically screwed. I talked to all the SDE candidates on that day, all of us get rejected. Pros: Overall very good experience Candidates are young, passionate and talented laid back company culture Cons: Mostly behavioral questions Only 1 technical interview(kinda luck based) HR don't bother dealing with you after the onsite interview.

Solution Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin. Interview with the recruiter and few weeks later with the director. Was then invited for an onsite presentation. When I went on site I was interviewed by 4 peers first and then I did a presentation one of the topics they had provided ( some advance feature of Excel).

Interview Questions

• Background type question. How did you handle a difficult customer? Multiple questions about culture. How do you have fun at work?   2 Answers

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an email from the recruiter to set up time with the manager to do a phone interview. The interview was set up for the same week. It was a 20 mins call and was asked to come by for an onsite interview. Onsite Interview took another week to be scheduled because of commitments on both ends. Onsite Interview was for 2 hours with 4 people. Was offered a job within the week of the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Workday in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in January and was recommended by a friend. I received a few emails and received a call from the hiring manager who set up a brief 20 minute phone interview with me about a week later. I waited about a month until I received a call from the college recruiter who told me I got the job! So Excited. Interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• About my experience in College. She related my experience to the work I would be doing at Workday as a content developer intern so helped me visualize it better. Small talk, very friendly and basic questions. More informative from her side rather than asking me a bunch of questions. Very open and asked me if I was interested in the position. Of coarse I said yes!   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter who then told me the hiring manager would contact me. The hiring manager contacted me about a week later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was about one and one half hour. About a week later they contacted me to ask me to take a writing test, I took the test. Never heard back one way or the other from the manager.

Interview Questions

• What was my writing background even though it was clearly described in my resume.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Submitted résumé and within 1-2 weeks received a call from the in-house recruiter. Last about 30 mins. It went well. I was then scheduled for a peer interview before the hiring manager. Which I thought was rather odd. But ok. Well low and behold it was a disaster ! She was merely pencil wiping the interview and going through the motions. She was not interested in me at all. Needless to say I never got to the hiring manager. Sorta a bum deal.

Interview Questions

• Explain what what project management techniques you have used before   Answer Question

HCM Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

A "somewhat" lengthy interview process between Recruiter and Hiring Managers. A lot of redundant questions that were not all that different from other companies. Different expectations and direction from both Recruiter and Hiring Managers as to what was going to be "covered" during the interview process. i.e., what will be asked by each interviewer. Multiple phone interviews spread out over weeks. That was somewhat frustrating since most unemployed people do not have disposable income to fancy months of interviewing time. This process could have been more organized and consolidated since there were multiple interviews with the same interviewers. A bit of "arrogance" in the importance of their time verses any possible hardship on the other end of the process. In-person interviews at multiple locations with the same (and a few additional) interviewers. I was asked to come up with an "ambiguous presentation" for one interview session. Very open ended request (which I took as the actual "test") but I like those type of challenging tasks so that went very well. Take a lot of notes and do your homework on your interviewers. Keep track of the questions they are asking and stay true to yourself and your answers. I can only surmise the redundancies are somehow linked to making sure you are giving the same answers and presenting the same values to everyone in the process.

Interview Questions

• Only one interview question stood out and it wasn't actually that "out of the norm". I was asked what was most important to me from a "management" perspective.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Interview at on-campus career fair, then was scheduled to come on-site to for interviews. Had 4 interviews of around 45 mins each, with lunch provided. Overall, relatively easy interview. Some talk about items on my resume, and actually had some pretty interesting conversations related to items on it. All interviewers were very friendly, and I felt comfortable through the entire process.