Workday

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.7

Associate Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Workday.

Met with a recruiter on campus who expressed interest in me. I received a call that night for an on campus interview the next day. The interview was roughly 30 minutes and focused around some object oriented design. I heard back in about 2 weeks that I would move onto final round interviews.

My recruiter was fantastic and very helpful in organizing everything. The full day interview is very long, lasting from 8:00AM - 4:00PM. There was a 1 hour technical interview which focused on UML and object oriented design. The rest was cultural fit and behavioral questions. As a Master's student with a good sense of what I want to do and what I'm passionate about, the behavioral part was a breeze. Everyone was also really on board with the Workday mission and I could tell it was a company where people loved their work and were proud of it. The rest of the day was learning about Workday, its culture, and other comp. and benefits details.

I received a verbal offer after 2 weeks. Because of my Masters degree and the VP of my division expressing interest in me, I was bumped up to Senior Associate Applications Developer. I negotiated the cash salary a little further and then accepted the offer. I can't wait to start!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Design a Netflix queue with UML.   Answer Question

QA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Workday.

Was very easy. Mostly behavior based questions. The questions were how would you handle certain situations, work ethics, working in a team. They use a custom language for automation so they don't test you for programing skills too much.

Interview Questions

The pay was not up to the par and the role was not very attractive

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Workday in November 2014.

From initial contact to offer letter was about one month. Every Workday interaction I had was positive. From the recruiter to the hiring manager to the 4 other folks I interviewed with, my experience was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Some specific questions about their products. While I was prepared at a high level, I wasn't at any point to go "into the weeds". Overall, I wasn't asked any questions that were out of line.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward. Offer (verbally) on Monday and a formal offer letter (after several back and forth negotiations) on Thursday.

Facilities Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Workday in November 2014.

Interviewed for a job. I thought it went well. Got the job offer soon after my last interview. Received a phone call from the recruiter, willing to pay max salary for the position. After the weekend rolled over, they rescinded my verbal offer and down played the job saying "do you really want to be in this position for X amount of time?" and lowered the salary prior to rescinding. Unheard of!!! Watch out. Not all Workday employees care about Workday's reputation and will stab you if needed. All it takes is one bad seed.

Interview Questions
    • After i got the verbal offer, Workday rescinded my job offer after the weekend.   Answer Question
    Didn't go well, because my offer was later rescinded after the weekend.

Corporate Sales Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday in October 2014.

I've enjoyed interviews with many, many companies in the Silicon Slopes of Utah. Workday was by far the #1 most enjoyable. Very clear communication from very sharp individuals who know what they're looking for. I had a laddering interview with 4 people individually; all sales managers and one corporate recruiter. Do your homework, they'll notice! Best interview among MANY tech companies here in Utah. (This is 1st round; haven't received further steps yet as I only interviewed this week)

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, if you know what Workday is and where they're going...then it's pretty simple. A few behavioral situation questions, but - at least for the CSD team - they're looking for self-motivated, intelligent, and driven individuals who can clearly articulate their thoughts. Look sharp, be sharp.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Workday in October 2014.

Went through eight interviews from initial HR to division VP. They also flew me out to corporate HQ for in-person interview that was back to back for several hours with various management. Ended up going with someone another manager had worked with prior. They have a drill down style of interviewing taking every detail to a micro level.

Interview Questions
    • What is the market valuation of Workday? Good thing i was prepared on their financials.   Answer Question

Associate Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

The final round interview began at 7:30am and ended at 4pm. There was an over view of Workday, breakout with your specific department, 3 1/2 hours of one on one interviews with various managers specific to consulting, and product demos. Everyone involved were very friendly.
    It takes a while for them to get back to you with a final answer.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Workday in October 2014.

I was recruited on my college campus and had a brief on-campus interview the following day. They followed up through email within a few days and scheduled an all day interview at their headquarters in Pleasanton. There were about 30 applicants there. First we split up based on the job we were interviewing for and then I had 7 individual interviews with different employees of the department. Overall, it was really good experience.

Associate Integrations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Workday in October 2014.

I was offered an on site interview after meeting with Workday recruiters on campus. The day of, I showed up on site with other candidates. All the recruiters and employees were extremely friendly and excited/happy about being at Workday. There were some presentations and then we were separated by what position we were applying for. After a quick, general presentation about the position we were applying for, we were separated again and had 7 back-to-back 1 on 1 interviews with working professionals. The questions were mostly behavioral with some technical questions. However, the interviews were friendly and casual. After the interviews, we had lunch and watched more presentations.

Software Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Workday in October 2014.

Got called in from a job fair, then had an in person interview. Asked mainly about OOD and used UML diagrams to design a problem. High level coding process. But be sure to know UML.