Workday Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Solution Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin. Interview with the recruiter and few weeks later with the director. Was then invited for an onsite presentation. When I went on site I was interviewed by 4 peers first and then I did a presentation one of the topics they had provided ( some advance feature of Excel).

Interview Questions

• Background type question. How did you handle a difficult customer? Multiple questions about culture. How do you have fun at work?   2 Answers

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an email from the recruiter to set up time with the manager to do a phone interview. The interview was set up for the same week. It was a 20 mins call and was asked to come by for an onsite interview. Onsite Interview took another week to be scheduled because of commitments on both ends. Onsite Interview was for 2 hours with 4 people. Was offered a job within the week of the onsite interview.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Workday (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter who then told me the hiring manager would contact me. The hiring manager contacted me about a week later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was about one and one half hour. About a week later they contacted me to ask me to take a writing test, I took the test. Never heard back one way or the other from the manager.

Interview Questions

• What was my writing background even though it was clearly described in my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Workday.

Interview

Submitted résumé and within 1-2 weeks received a call from the in-house recruiter. Last about 30 mins. It went well. I was then scheduled for a peer interview before the hiring manager. Which I thought was rather odd. But ok. Well low and behold it was a disaster ! She was merely pencil wiping the interview and going through the motions. She was not interested in me at all. Needless to say I never got to the hiring manager. Sorta a bum deal.

Interview Questions

• Explain what what project management techniques you have used before   Answer Question

HCM Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

A "somewhat" lengthy interview process between Recruiter and Hiring Managers. A lot of redundant questions that were not all that different from other companies. Different expectations and direction from both Recruiter and Hiring Managers as to what was going to be "covered" during the interview process. i.e., what will be asked by each interviewer. Multiple phone interviews spread out over weeks. That was somewhat frustrating since most unemployed people do not have disposable income to fancy months of interviewing time. This process could have been more organized and consolidated since there were multiple interviews with the same interviewers. A bit of "arrogance" in the importance of their time verses any possible hardship on the other end of the process. In-person interviews at multiple locations with the same (and a few additional) interviewers. I was asked to come up with an "ambiguous presentation" for one interview session. Very open ended request (which I took as the actual "test") but I like those type of challenging tasks so that went very well. Take a lot of notes and do your homework on your interviewers. Keep track of the questions they are asking and stay true to yourself and your answers. I can only surmise the redundancies are somehow linked to making sure you are giving the same answers and presenting the same values to everyone in the process.

Interview Questions

• Only one interview question stood out and it wasn't actually that "out of the norm". I was asked what was most important to me from a "management" perspective.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Interview at on-campus career fair, then was scheduled to come on-site to for interviews. Had 4 interviews of around 45 mins each, with lunch provided. Overall, relatively easy interview. Some talk about items on my resume, and actually had some pretty interesting conversations related to items on it. All interviewers were very friendly, and I felt comfortable through the entire process.

Associate Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

Interview

First Round: On campus Interview. 45 mins. Two probability questions, one programming question. General questions about machine learning algorithms. One on one interview. Relaxed and comfortable, guide you through the process. White boarding. Programming language: choose the one you feel comfortable with. I chose Python. Basic probability questions concerning combinatorics and conditional probability.

Interview Questions

• Russian roulette. Should I spin the revolver if I did not get killed after the first shot.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Only had a 45 minutes on-campus interview. Not too hard. Just basic questions. Probably because it was just a pre-select interview and it was for internship. Interviewer was very friendly and it was a pleasant experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was setup to have a phone interview. The female called me 10 minutes late from a cell phone. Sounded like she was on the road and was not taking any notes. She told me liked me and would reach back out, but has not done so. Tried emailing her a few times with no response. Unprofessional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One of the worst places I have interviewed. After a telephone interview, they called for an onsite interview. They have 30-minute slots for each team member, which is just horrible. That is simply not enough time to get to know the person being interviewed. One of the questions in that time slot is a design question, and even the interviewer knew this was not enough time to make a proper judgement. For me, this happens to be the worst place because they simply don't care to follow-up after the interview. I have seen that this is the experience of a lot of people who interviewed there. I am not sure whether the company has not seen the reviews about their company or whether they just don't care. When they did not get back for about 10 days, I made up my mind that I will not respond even if they follow up. This company, with its attitude, will not be able to attract top talent in the bay area.