Workday

2.7

Corporate Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Workday in March 2014.

I was first interviewed over the phone, then they emiled me with questions about my expected salary and what other jobs I had applied for. For the interview, I drove there and was interviewed one-on-one by 4 different people.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers askd me what questions I had over and over again... just make sure you have a lot of questions prepared. They also asked how I handle rejection and what goals I have in life not related to work.   View Answer

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Workday in March 2014.

On campus interview followed by an on-site interview 6-8 weeks later. They didn't contact me for a long time after the initial interview, maybe a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was entirely UML. A good knowledge of UML and OO design is helpful to doing well.   Answer Question
    They ask you for a salary range during the on-site interview. It is important to have a good idea of what you want then, with regards to both full compensation and salary.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Workday in March 2014.

Initial communication was with the Manager himself. I had a reference who know him so I managed to circumvent the "Recruiter Checkbox Phone Filter" which Workday is well known for

Interview Questions
    • "What exactly are you looking for?" I find this hard because I can do a number of things and I don't care to be pidgeon holed into one role.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Asked about my background and interests before asking technical questions. Was asked to do a simple whiteboard coding exercise and then analyzed the efficiency of my solution.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

1. Phone Interview (30-45 min). Be prepared to state why you're interested in this company as well as this role. Be clear about your previous product management experiences and/or your experience with software. Overall, it's very standard as far as product management interviews go.

2. Onsite Interview (3 back-to-back + "orientation"). There was a technical, non-coding interview as well as two fit interviews. Having a solid grasp of Internet architecture and the Agile software development pattern is a definite plus.

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter initially and was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Cleared the phone interview and was called for onsite interview with 4 people spanning 2 hours.

Engagement Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

It was actually relatively quick. I applied and within 2 days I received an email for a phone Interview. I scheduled the interview via email presenting several date and time options for the HR recruiter. He picked a date and time. Then we had the phone interview. Quite simplistic. I should have known better.

Associate Applications Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair. I handed him my resume and we talked for a couple of minutes. Later that night, I got a call about scheduling an interview the following day. Overall the recruiter was really nice. I'm still waiting for them to follow up with whether I got an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • The main questions they asked are what sorting algorithms do you know and how do they work. And what are the main principles of OOP.   Answer Question

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Talked to a former colleague who worked at Workday at my university's career fair in January. I initially told him I wasn't going to talk to any of the people in charge there because I had already didn't advance past 1st round interviews in November, but he told me it was worth a shot. That evening I got a phone call asking if I'd like to take part in an on campus interview the following morning, which I agreed to. This initial interview was heavy on UML type questions, and class interactions, and then followed up by a traditional programming question.

Two weeks later I get an email asking if I'd like to participate in final round interviews onsite. You have to make all the travel arrangements by yourself, but the recruiter in charge of all the expenses was very helpful and quick.

Two weeks after that, was the day of the interview. They start early, a little before 8 o'clock. They give you breakfast (bagels, yum), make you introduce yourself to everyone, and then give an overview of how the day will go. Because I was interviewing for the App Dev position, they took the other 4 of us interviewing for it to a conference room to show us the language and how it works. There was a little bit of an issue with the internet, but it answered a lot of questions I had about their propriety language, and they discuss why they use it. From there, we were rushed into individual rooms to be interviewed for 4 straight hours.

Luckily, these interviews are pretty short (most are 30 minutes, others are 15) and you mostly discuss the projects you've done, your goals and ambitions, and what interests you about Workday. I don't know if it's common, but one of the 30 minute interviews was psuedo-technical, and the interviewer asked what divide-and-conquer algorithms I knew, and the complexity of them. Everyone was ridiculously friendly, and didn't suffer from the know-it-all attitude I've had interviewing with other companies. The technical question was an hour long, and and more class diagram stuff, which wasn't too bad, but I did freeze up a little near the end. This was also followed up with a small psudeocode programming challenge.

After the interviews, they feed you lunch, and then demo the product and the language, and allow everyone to participate. After two hours of that, they discuss benefits and then let you go on your merry way.

One week after that, I got a phone call from my recruiter offering me the position. Couldn't be happier!

Interview Questions
    Didn't attempt to negotiate. The offer was already 5k higher than I originally asked for.

Associate Consultant Interview

Two phone interviews with hiring managers, very basic questions. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, "what kind of person you are", and what you know about the industry. They hire directly out of college for this position, so needing to know a lot about the industry isn't a must, but definitely a positive. They will explain everything to you during the interview so make sure to take notes for the third interview if you make it, because it is an all day interview. I haven't had the third interview yet, so i'm not positive what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • "what is something you would like to do more of and something you would like to do less of?"   Answer Question