Workday Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.7

Associate Applications Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Workday.

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair. I handed him my resume and we talked for a couple of minutes. Later that night, I got a call about scheduling an interview the following day. Overall the recruiter was really nice. I'm still waiting for them to follow up with whether I got an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • The main questions they asked are what sorting algorithms do you know and how do they work. And what are the main principles of OOP.   Answer Question

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Talked to a former colleague who worked at Workday at my university's career fair in January. I initially told him I wasn't going to talk to any of the people in charge there because I had already didn't advance past 1st round interviews in November, but he told me it was worth a shot. That evening I got a phone call asking if I'd like to take part in an on campus interview the following morning, which I agreed to. This initial interview was heavy on UML type questions, and class interactions, and then followed up by a traditional programming question.

Two weeks later I get an email asking if I'd like to participate in final round interviews onsite. You have to make all the travel arrangements by yourself, but the recruiter in charge of all the expenses was very helpful and quick.

Two weeks after that, was the day of the interview. They start early, a little before 8 o'clock. They give you breakfast (bagels, yum), make you introduce yourself to everyone, and then give an overview of how the day will go. Because I was interviewing for the App Dev position, they took the other 4 of us interviewing for it to a conference room to show us the language and how it works. There was a little bit of an issue with the internet, but it answered a lot of questions I had about their propriety language, and they discuss why they use it. From there, we were rushed into individual rooms to be interviewed for 4 straight hours.

Luckily, these interviews are pretty short (most are 30 minutes, others are 15) and you mostly discuss the projects you've done, your goals and ambitions, and what interests you about Workday. I don't know if it's common, but one of the 30 minute interviews was psuedo-technical, and the interviewer asked what divide-and-conquer algorithms I knew, and the complexity of them. Everyone was ridiculously friendly, and didn't suffer from the know-it-all attitude I've had interviewing with other companies. The technical question was an hour long, and and more class diagram stuff, which wasn't too bad, but I did freeze up a little near the end. This was also followed up with a small psudeocode programming challenge.

After the interviews, they feed you lunch, and then demo the product and the language, and allow everyone to participate. After two hours of that, they discuss benefits and then let you go on your merry way.

One week after that, I got a phone call from my recruiter offering me the position. Couldn't be happier!

Interview Questions
    Didn't attempt to negotiate. The offer was already 5k higher than I originally asked for.

Engagement Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

It was actually relatively quick. I applied and within 2 days I received an email for a phone Interview. I scheduled the interview via email presenting several date and time options for the HR recruiter. He picked a date and time. Then we had the phone interview. Quite simplistic. I should have known better.

Associate Consultant Interview

Two phone interviews with hiring managers, very basic questions. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, "what kind of person you are", and what you know about the industry. They hire directly out of college for this position, so needing to know a lot about the industry isn't a must, but definitely a positive. They will explain everything to you during the interview so make sure to take notes for the third interview if you make it, because it is an all day interview. I haven't had the third interview yet, so i'm not positive what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • "what is something you would like to do more of and something you would like to do less of?"   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Have detailed knowledge about Object Oriented Programing and Class Diagrams. Be ready to explain cardinality, inheritance and other OOP Design methodologies.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very straight-forward. Create Netflix ordering queue   Answer Question

Associate Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Spoke to at my university's career fair, then received a phone call later that afternoon to interview the next day on campus. Interview was pretty basic, they seemed very interested in my previous experience with implementation at a software company. I think they are looking for more experienced candidates than their job description led on. Overall, a pretty easy-going interview. HR did take a while to get back to me after a few follow-up emails, which they answered with information that wasn't totally helpful.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just be prepared to talk about past experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Applied on campus and got an on campus interview about a week later. Had one interview that was not too difficult. Question involved manipulating strings. Got result back in about 2 weeks. The interviewer was very nice and seemed to enjoy the company a lot. I only had contact with the recruiter when I received the offer and she was very willing to answer any questions you had.

Associate Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Workday.

Met them at a career fair in October and handed them my resume. Got a call about scheduling an on-campus interview and then an email to confirm the time. My interviewer asked a behavioral question that was really oddly phrased and how to find the nth Fibonacci number. After the interview, I had to email HR quite a few times before I got a definitive answer about my application status. Took them until January to tell me I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question was standard: Find the nth Fibonacci number.   View Answer
    • Behavioral question was strange: If the world was going to end tomorrow and you only had a day to build a computer that would save the world, which two people would you choose and why?   Answer Question

SDEI Interview

talked to them at a campus event and got contacted for an interview a few weeks later. interview mostly asked me about things on my resume and there was one oop question.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Workday.

Had a phone interview, followed by on site interview with panel.nothing very difficult. Mostly behavioral questions