Workday

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Senior Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Workday in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very communicative, professional recruiter and team. First called by recruiter who then set up phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was for an hour with questions on OOP and data modelling. One site interview was with 6 people. Questions on java concepts and a detailed technical question on drawing a class diagram for a specific business case. Very professional and friendly staff that take the interview process seriously.

Interview Question – Class diagram for a specific business case. This is get an understanding of the candidate's ability to translate the functional problem into design and implementation.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Workday in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen with recruiter

2. A few days later, phone interview with hiring manager

3. Given a test to complete over the weekend

4. A few days later, invited for an in-person interview. Talked with 4 different people over 2 hours; very efficient. Not everyone seemed familiar with my resume/background, but they were all interested in figuring out cultural fit.

5. The next week, I went in for another in-person. 3 people this time, more senior. Same thing, and these people seemed even more concerned with fit.

6. A week or so later, I had a third in-person. They are really thorough during the interview process in terms of how many people you speak to and what levels they are on. The final person I met with was a C-level executive.

In general, none of the questions were difficult. I came prepared to defend my abilities, and it was much more about learning who I am as a person and how I work with others. We talked a LOT about culture.

Negotiation Details – I was offered much more than I expected and given a better title than I interviewed for. I felt that the compensation package was really generous.

My only complaint was that this process took a lot longer than the rest of the interview process, but they kept communicating with me throughout.

Associate Quality Assurance Engineer - Finance Interview

Associate Quality Assurance Engineer - Finance
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday in April 2014.

Interview Details – A group of interviewees arrived at 7:45am. We had to shout 'Workday' at the top of our lungs before they proceeded.
We spent 90 minutes introducing ourselves to the recruiters and the recruiters doing the same.
Then went went to 6 interviews, 30 minutes each, back to back with only a very short pause between each.
After the interviews they catered Togos to us and we ate alongside about the interviewers and recruiters.
Then they gave us a 1 hour demo how their espresso language ui qa ui system works.
After that we got a 1 hour demo on the Workday product.
Lastly they took us to the break room and let us socialize with regular employees.
After that we said goodbye.

Interview Question – 5 out of 6 interviewers 1st question was: Why Workday?   Answer Question

Production Support Interview

Production Support
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – Took 4 months of interviews to get an offer.

Interview Question – How to handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer so I did not negotiate.

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Associate QA Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by the recruiter initially and was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Cleared the phone interview and was called for onsite interview with 4 people spanning 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Associate Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Workday in March 2014.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by an on-site interview 6-8 weeks later. They didn't contact me for a long time after the initial interview, maybe a month or so.

Interview Question – Technical interview was entirely UML. A good knowledge of UML and OO design is helpful to doing well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They ask you for a salary range during the on-site interview. It is important to have a good idea of what you want then, with regards to both full compensation and salary.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Have detailed knowledge about Object Oriented Programing and Class Diagrams. Be ready to explain cardinality, inheritance and other OOP Design methodologies.

Interview Question – All of the questions were very straight-forward. Create Netflix ordering queue   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Senior Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Workday in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was with the Manager himself. I had a reference who know him so I managed to circumvent the "Recruiter Checkbox Phone Filter" which Workday is well known for

Interview Question – "What exactly are you looking for?" I find this hard because I can do a number of things and I don't care to be pidgeon holed into one role.   Answer Question

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Associate Applications Developer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Interview Details – Talked to a former colleague who worked at Workday at my university's career fair in January. I initially told him I wasn't going to talk to any of the people in charge there because I had already didn't advance past 1st round interviews in November, but he told me it was worth a shot. That evening I got a phone call asking if I'd like to take part in an on campus interview the following morning, which I agreed to. This initial interview was heavy on UML type questions, and class interactions, and then followed up by a traditional programming question.

Two weeks later I get an email asking if I'd like to participate in final round interviews onsite. You have to make all the travel arrangements by yourself, but the recruiter in charge of all the expenses was very helpful and quick.

Two weeks after that, was the day of the interview. They start early, a little before 8 o'clock. They give you breakfast (bagels, yum), make you introduce yourself to everyone, and then give an overview of how the day will go. Because I was interviewing for the App Dev position, they took the other 4 of us interviewing for it to a conference room to show us the language and how it works. There was a little bit of an issue with the internet, but it answered a lot of questions I had about their propriety language, and they discuss why they use it. From there, we were rushed into individual rooms to be interviewed for 4 straight hours.

Luckily, these interviews are pretty short (most are 30 minutes, others are 15) and you mostly discuss the projects you've done, your goals and ambitions, and what interests you about Workday. I don't know if it's common, but one of the 30 minute interviews was psuedo-technical, and the interviewer asked what divide-and-conquer algorithms I knew, and the complexity of them. Everyone was ridiculously friendly, and didn't suffer from the know-it-all attitude I've had interviewing with other companies. The technical question was an hour long, and and more class diagram stuff, which wasn't too bad, but I did freeze up a little near the end. This was also followed up with a small psudeocode programming challenge.

After the interviews, they feed you lunch, and then demo the product and the language, and allow everyone to participate. After two hours of that, they discuss benefits and then let you go on your merry way.

One week after that, I got a phone call from my recruiter offering me the position. Couldn't be happier!

Interview Question – Create an Amazon sales invoice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't attempt to negotiate. The offer was already 5k higher than I originally asked for.

Associate Test Automation Engineer Interview

Associate Test Automation Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Workday in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Workday in October 2013 through a career fair held on-campus. I heard back from a recruiter in December and scheduled a phone interview with the Automation team's manager. The questions were all behavioral. A week or two later I heard back from the recruiter saying they would like to schedule an on-site interview.

I interviewed on-site in January. All the team members and HR staff were friendly and I was again asked all behavioral questions. They seem to be looking for a team member who will fit well with the team than an extremely experienced individual. HR told me they would respond to me before the deadline of my then other offer (2 weeks). It has now been a month and a half and I have not heard back from HR.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Workday

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday interview questions and advice in Pleasanton, CA. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Workday employees and interview candidates.