Workday

2.7

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Position In Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied for a position there (with plenty recommendations), and the process was super slow to put it nicely. I have never experienced an over 6 month interview process... I got several offers before anything happened, I end up taking another opportunity
    No difficult questions, we had great questions and great conversations, but the process was overall way too slow.

Facilities Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Workday in November 2014.

Interviewed for a job. I thought it went well. Got the job offer soon after my last interview. Received a phone call from the recruiter, willing to pay max salary for the position. After the weekend rolled over, they rescinded my verbal offer and down played the job saying "do you really want to be in this position for X amount of time?" and lowered the salary prior to rescinding. Unheard of!!! Watch out. Not all Workday employees care about Workday's reputation and will stab you if needed. All it takes is one bad seed.

Interview Questions
    • After i got the verbal offer, Workday rescinded my job offer after the weekend.   Answer Question
    Didn't go well, because my offer was later rescinded after the weekend.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Workday in July 2014.

Company recruiter was super accomodating and gracious. Their corporate headquarters was really fantastic and conveniently located. Hotels on a list that they provided were all booked so I went with Hyatt Place in Dublin / Pleasanton, CA. Expenses were paid quickly and without hastle.

Interview Questions

Applied for One Particular Job and Internal Human Resources Pigeon-holed Me Into Another Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Workday in June 2014.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. I consider the Workday recruiters and their process to be hands down the worst I have had in the Bay area. Fail.Fail.Fail on every part of the process. Consider yourselves warned...if you can manage to tolerate being strung along for four years, then you MIGHT be able to vest your stock options that are a part of your compensation package. To be honest? After what I dealt with for nearly two months...I do not know how anyone could tolerate being deceived longer than a year into it.

1. I was strung along for nearly 8 weeks.
    2. I specifically wanted to interview for a product manager position, but THEY (the almighty two recruiters) decided to have me interview for a business analyst position which only required 2 years experience (I have over 10 years exp and two graduate degrees). I view this as being a major setup for failure in every regard. Why on earth would a person be pushed into interviewing for a job they had no interest in to begin with is the question of the year.
    3. The internal recruiters were extremely nosy (which I though was very unprofessional on their parts) specifically wanting the 'list' of companies I had interviewed for and "are you currently interviewing with anyone now". Sorry ladies...but that is honestly NOT your business, nor is it Workday's business. I lied through my teeth (Read the blog "Ask The Headhunter" and you will learn why this is a huge no-no on their part). In my opinion they are wanting only people under the age of thirty who can be easily "molded" and who do not have alot of options.
    4. I consider what they put me through to be about as low as you can go...better yet, it felt emotionally abusive. As if they were doing ME a favor.
    5. At one point a third call had been scheduled and I waited by the phone for nearly twenty-five minutes (having left my desk at work to support the call). Finally, I went back to work. Then I get this snarky, thinly veiled hostile email from the younger of the two recruiters who actually had the audacity to BLAME ME FOR NOT WAITING even longer than what I already had?
    Are you kidding me?
    Workday sets up the call. I make sure to clear my calendar of that time to support it...and then you are nearly 25 minutes late before finally calling me? Then you act snarky and blame me for not waiting?

So incredibly arrogant I still cannot believe it happened or that I was treated that way.
    Good luck to anyone willing to be put through this train wreck process and watch out for the very obvious ageism that is going on.

Interview Questions
    • There was none. It just felt like a constant Spanish inquisition to see if I was going to change my story at some point. Very weird.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Workday in May 2014.

Very communicative, professional recruiter and team. First called by recruiter who then set up phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was for an hour with questions on OOP and data modelling. One site interview was with 6 people. Questions on java concepts and a detailed technical question on drawing a class diagram for a specific business case. Very professional and friendly staff that take the interview process seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Class diagram for a specific business case. This is get an understanding of the candidate's ability to translate the functional problem into design and implementation.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Workday in May 2014.

1) Got contacted by the recruiter (who was actually temporarily subbing for someone else who was on vacation so she could not answer any of my questions about the job, not even whether it was full time or contract) 2) Scheduled an interview with hiring manager 3) It turned out that it was a contract position and I was looking for full time.

Overall, I did not feel like I could connect well with the hiring manager (she seemed slightly disengaged) and that she would be someone I would like to work with.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Workday in April 2014.

1. Phone screen with recruiter

2. A few days later, phone interview with hiring manager

3. Given a test to complete over the weekend

4. A few days later, invited for an in-person interview. Talked with 4 different people over 2 hours; very efficient. Not everyone seemed familiar with my resume/background, but they were all interested in figuring out cultural fit.

5. The next week, I went in for another in-person. 3 people this time, more senior. Same thing, and these people seemed even more concerned with fit.

6. A week or so later, I had a third in-person. They are really thorough during the interview process in terms of how many people you speak to and what levels they are on. The final person I met with was a C-level executive.

In general, none of the questions were difficult. I came prepared to defend my abilities, and it was much more about learning who I am as a person and how I work with others. We talked a LOT about culture.

I was offered much more than I expected and given a better title than I interviewed for. I felt that the compensation package was really generous.

My only complaint was that this process took a lot longer than the rest of the interview process, but they kept communicating with me throughout.

Associate Quality Assurance Engineer - Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Workday in April 2014.

A group of interviewees arrived at 7:45am. We had to shout 'Workday' at the top of our lungs before they proceeded.
    We spent 90 minutes introducing ourselves to the recruiters and the recruiters doing the same.
    Then went went to 6 interviews, 30 minutes each, back to back with only a very short pause between each.
    After the interviews they catered Togos to us and we ate alongside about the interviewers and recruiters.
    Then they gave us a 1 hour demo how their espresso language ui qa ui system works.
    After that we got a 1 hour demo on the Workday product.
    Lastly they took us to the break room and let us socialize with regular employees.
    After that we said goodbye.

Interview Questions
    • 5 out of 6 interviewers 1st question was: Why Workday?   Answer Question

Production Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Workday.

Took 4 months of interviews to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer so I did not negotiate.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Workday in March 2014.

On campus interview followed by an on-site interview 6-8 weeks later. They didn't contact me for a long time after the initial interview, maybe a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was entirely UML. A good knowledge of UML and OO design is helpful to doing well.   Answer Question
    They ask you for a salary range during the on-site interview. It is important to have a good idea of what you want then, with regards to both full compensation and salary.