Workday Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Associate Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview - Local manager asking basic skill and behavior questions Visit to Office - Tech test, showing my OO skills. (UML data modeling) Final Interview in California - LONG DAY, FUN DAY. Only really 2-3 hours of interviews - mostly behavioral and one technical. By this point, they are pretty certain that you are technically sound.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be defined by what you do for a living, or make your job part of your life, and define your job by who you are?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

two phone screens, one with recruiter another with hiring manager. if you are fit for the role you should breeze through these with flying colors. next is a 4hr onsite with 8 individuals, ranging from colleagues, managers, senior managers, engineers, and VPs. You better calm your nerves or this could really be a long 4 hours. Questions ranged from general background questions to behavioral, to technical questions. Wrap things up with a technical design session to test product knowledge, presentation skills, and ability to think quickly. I was given an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always negotiate. Starting comp is high.

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was brought in to fill a job req that, unfortunately, changed a few days after the interview. The overall experience was excellent, and it's clear that Workday has a welcoming, diverse, and flexible corporate culture. They actively look at improving their processes, and seek to hire people who can get to work instead of looking for purple squirrels or simply fulfill a checklist of qualities.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question was a troubleshooting scenario that involved an improperly provisioned machine that had been shut off a few years ago and was accidentally powered on, breaking an application's functionality.   Answer Question

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was a bit long but good. The results were a bit slow. They had 4rounds in all with the final one as in person. The HR took a lot of time to respond and I've to get back to them for the result.

Interview Questions

• They asked about design problems in the telephonic interviews. In person interview they had four rounds and they gave a demo about the application and the framework they use. The last round was about design again where they gave a lot of scenarios and asked the design changes I'll propose. The overall experience was good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very talented, pleasant and professional team I was kept in loop through out the process Interview process is very well organized. process: Hiring manager phone conversation Coding exercise Two round of in office technical interview with 8 members Job offer I didn't see any surprises as whole process was open and fair. I declined offer mainly because I needed more time to find out whether I am ready to change my current job

Interview Questions

• review of coding exercise Lot of questions based on previous work experience   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process took about five months. First, I had a phone screen where the HR lady just asked simple questions about my resume. A month later I got an email from HR requesting to schedule a time with a current PM. They told me it would last about 45 minutes and it lasted a little more than an hour. Very friendly but research your area before the interview- they ask some technical questions. Took about a week to follow-up. and then we scheduled a full day interview at HQ the next month. The full day was fully packed with interviews (I had about seven). It was definitely not an easy day because the interviews were pretty difficult but that shows that they care a lot about recruiting the right people.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview process from start (applying) to finish (accepting a job offer) took around 2 months. While some might consider this process to be a bit lengthy, it actually felt like it progressed along quite nicely, as the recruiters were in constant contact providing me with updates and scheduling information (e.g. phone interviews, onsite interviews, feedback, and offer details). The first onsite interview consisted of a 60 min group presentation in which I presented previous work and a series of five (30 min) 1:1 interviews. The second onsite interview consisted of three 1:1 interviews (one via teleconference). During both onsite interviews, I genuinely felt as if the interviewers really cared about getting to know me, what my interests were and how I would like to see my career progress. Interviewing with Workday, has by far, been my best interview experience to date. I've never left an interview and thought to myself "well that was fun!" Somehow Workday managed to give me that experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal role and what sort of things do you like to do and not like to do?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest mistake that you have made in your professional career and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an email from the recruiter to set up time with the manager to do a phone interview. The interview was set up for the same week. It was a 20 mins call and was asked to come by for an onsite interview. Onsite Interview took another week to be scheduled because of commitments on both ends. Onsite Interview was for 2 hours with 4 people. Was offered a job within the week of the onsite interview.

HCM Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

A "somewhat" lengthy interview process between Recruiter and Hiring Managers. A lot of redundant questions that were not all that different from other companies. Different expectations and direction from both Recruiter and Hiring Managers as to what was going to be "covered" during the interview process. i.e., what will be asked by each interviewer. Multiple phone interviews spread out over weeks. That was somewhat frustrating since most unemployed people do not have disposable income to fancy months of interviewing time. This process could have been more organized and consolidated since there were multiple interviews with the same interviewers. A bit of "arrogance" in the importance of their time verses any possible hardship on the other end of the process. In-person interviews at multiple locations with the same (and a few additional) interviewers. I was asked to come up with an "ambiguous presentation" for one interview session. Very open ended request (which I took as the actual "test") but I like those type of challenging tasks so that went very well. Take a lot of notes and do your homework on your interviewers. Keep track of the questions they are asking and stay true to yourself and your answers. I can only surmise the redundancies are somehow linked to making sure you are giving the same answers and presenting the same values to everyone in the process.

Interview Questions

• Only one interview question stood out and it wasn't actually that "out of the norm". I was asked what was most important to me from a "management" perspective.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was setup to have a phone interview. The female called me 10 minutes late from a cell phone. Sounded like she was on the road and was not taking any notes. She told me liked me and would reach back out, but has not done so. Tried emailing her a few times with no response. Unprofessional.