Workday Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA

2.8

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Workday in May 2014.

Very communicative, professional recruiter and team. First called by recruiter who then set up phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was for an hour with questions on OOP and data modelling. One site interview was with 6 people. Questions on java concepts and a detailed technical question on drawing a class diagram for a specific business case. Very professional and friendly staff that take the interview process seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Class diagram for a specific business case. This is get an understanding of the candidate's ability to translate the functional problem into design and implementation.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday in May 2014.

1) Got contacted by the recruiter (who was actually temporarily subbing for someone else who was on vacation so she could not answer any of my questions about the job, not even whether it was full time or contract) 2) Scheduled an interview with hiring manager 3) It turned out that it was a contract position and I was looking for full time.

Overall, I did not feel like I could connect well with the hiring manager (she seemed slightly disengaged) and that she would be someone I would like to work with.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Workday in April 2014.

1. Phone screen with recruiter

2. A few days later, phone interview with hiring manager

3. Given a test to complete over the weekend

4. A few days later, invited for an in-person interview. Talked with 4 different people over 2 hours; very efficient. Not everyone seemed familiar with my resume/background, but they were all interested in figuring out cultural fit.

5. The next week, I went in for another in-person. 3 people this time, more senior. Same thing, and these people seemed even more concerned with fit.

6. A week or so later, I had a third in-person. They are really thorough during the interview process in terms of how many people you speak to and what levels they are on. The final person I met with was a C-level executive.

In general, none of the questions were difficult. I came prepared to defend my abilities, and it was much more about learning who I am as a person and how I work with others. We talked a LOT about culture.

I was offered much more than I expected and given a better title than I interviewed for. I felt that the compensation package was really generous.

My only complaint was that this process took a lot longer than the rest of the interview process, but they kept communicating with me throughout.

Associate Quality Assurance Engineer - Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Workday in April 2014.

A group of interviewees arrived at 7:45am. We had to shout 'Workday' at the top of our lungs before they proceeded.
    We spent 90 minutes introducing ourselves to the recruiters and the recruiters doing the same.
    Then went went to 6 interviews, 30 minutes each, back to back with only a very short pause between each.
    After the interviews they catered Togos to us and we ate alongside about the interviewers and recruiters.
    Then they gave us a 1 hour demo how their espresso language ui qa ui system works.
    After that we got a 1 hour demo on the Workday product.
    Lastly they took us to the break room and let us socialize with regular employees.
    After that we said goodbye.

Interview Questions
    • 5 out of 6 interviewers 1st question was: Why Workday?   Answer Question

Production Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Workday.

Took 4 months of interviews to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer so I did not negotiate.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Workday in March 2014.

On campus interview followed by an on-site interview 6-8 weeks later. They didn't contact me for a long time after the initial interview, maybe a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was entirely UML. A good knowledge of UML and OO design is helpful to doing well.   Answer Question
    They ask you for a salary range during the on-site interview. It is important to have a good idea of what you want then, with regards to both full compensation and salary.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Workday in March 2014.

Initial communication was with the Manager himself. I had a reference who know him so I managed to circumvent the "Recruiter Checkbox Phone Filter" which Workday is well known for

Interview Questions
    • "What exactly are you looking for?" I find this hard because I can do a number of things and I don't care to be pidgeon holed into one role.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

1. Phone Interview (30-45 min). Be prepared to state why you're interested in this company as well as this role. Be clear about your previous product management experiences and/or your experience with software. Overall, it's very standard as far as product management interviews go.

2. Onsite Interview (3 back-to-back + "orientation"). There was a technical, non-coding interview as well as two fit interviews. Having a solid grasp of Internet architecture and the Agile software development pattern is a definite plus.

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter initially and was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Cleared the phone interview and was called for onsite interview with 4 people spanning 2 hours.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Workday in February 2014.

Talked to a former colleague who worked at Workday at my university's career fair in January. I initially told him I wasn't going to talk to any of the people in charge there because I had already didn't advance past 1st round interviews in November, but he told me it was worth a shot. That evening I got a phone call asking if I'd like to take part in an on campus interview the following morning, which I agreed to. This initial interview was heavy on UML type questions, and class interactions, and then followed up by a traditional programming question.

Two weeks later I get an email asking if I'd like to participate in final round interviews onsite. You have to make all the travel arrangements by yourself, but the recruiter in charge of all the expenses was very helpful and quick.

Two weeks after that, was the day of the interview. They start early, a little before 8 o'clock. They give you breakfast (bagels, yum), make you introduce yourself to everyone, and then give an overview of how the day will go. Because I was interviewing for the App Dev position, they took the other 4 of us interviewing for it to a conference room to show us the language and how it works. There was a little bit of an issue with the internet, but it answered a lot of questions I had about their propriety language, and they discuss why they use it. From there, we were rushed into individual rooms to be interviewed for 4 straight hours.

Luckily, these interviews are pretty short (most are 30 minutes, others are 15) and you mostly discuss the projects you've done, your goals and ambitions, and what interests you about Workday. I don't know if it's common, but one of the 30 minute interviews was psuedo-technical, and the interviewer asked what divide-and-conquer algorithms I knew, and the complexity of them. Everyone was ridiculously friendly, and didn't suffer from the know-it-all attitude I've had interviewing with other companies. The technical question was an hour long, and and more class diagram stuff, which wasn't too bad, but I did freeze up a little near the end. This was also followed up with a small psudeocode programming challenge.

After the interviews, they feed you lunch, and then demo the product and the language, and allow everyone to participate. After two hours of that, they discuss benefits and then let you go on your merry way.

One week after that, I got a phone call from my recruiter offering me the position. Couldn't be happier!

Interview Questions
    Didn't attempt to negotiate. The offer was already 5k higher than I originally asked for.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!