Workday

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Workday in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview #1 - with recruiter by phone, round #2 - with hiring manager by phone - to assess subject matter expertise in area. round #3 - on site with hiring manager and 5 others, including case study on design of a product feature. round #4 - 6 more senior execs.

I have been through a lot of silicon valley interviews - too many software companies are run by people who think very highly of themselves and use interviews to torture prospects and see who survives. Workday actually wanted to get to know me, rather than torture me. Every step of the process was extremely friendly and professional.

Workday is looking for people who can think and are fun to work with, not recite methodology or show a pedigree of degrees and silicon valley brand names on your CV.

I knew I loved the company when this became evident during the interview process.

Joined a month ago and I love the company even more now that I am on the inside.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected: Be sure you know the company/product and can be specific about why you love it and what value you would bring. A big focus of the hiring process is cultural fit. They want people who WANT to be at Workday.   Answer Question
  • Product design case study: (again, not unexpected) Was asked how I would approach the design of feature X - which would be the first feature the product manager hired for this role would be asked to take ownership of. I was impressed that this case study was REAL and RELEVANT. Too many case studies in interviews are totally abstract or silly.   View Answer

Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Workday.

Interview Details – I had 3 calls. The first was with the recruiter, and the 2nd and third were with current PMs, and they focused on making sure you understood the responsibilities of a PM and knew what to do in certain situations, discussing previous work experience, etc. Then I went in for a set of in-person interviews (I believe 5 in total), and they ended up focusing mostly on making sure you fit the company culture (i.e. really smart and really friendly) rather than how to be a PM. Make sure you always have great, relevant questions to ask, because a lot of the time is spent actually asking them questions. The entire experience was really phenomenal, and I definitely understand why people absolutely love working there.

Interviewed at Workday

Interview Details – Took couple of months for the recruiter to call after sending an email to want to talk. I screwed it up as i did not prepare.

Interview Question – Domain specific questions and few situational questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Workday

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Workday employees and interview candidates.