Works Applications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Works Applications in March 2015.

Interview

Make out 1 of 2 coding assignments before next stage which are available on google. Then is onsite interview. It generally talks about how you solve the assignment before, and of course some programming problems.

Interview Questions

• The questions are no surprises, almost the same like leetcode.   Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bandung (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Works Applications (Bandung (Indonesia)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through TOP CAREER portal. Upon applying on the site, I got prior examination assignment to be completed within 5 days. There were two problems, first one was about maze path-finding through checkpoints and the other one was about creating an immutable data structure. It was required to submit at least one solution to one of the problem, but I submitted both. Few days after submission there was an email telling me to attend the next round, which is live coding. They did not tell that there would be an aptitude test but I already knew by researching beforehand. I came 30 minutes earlier to the interview site and greeted by the receptionist who then asked me to fill a form. Not long after that, I was asked to enter the live coding room and met the interviewer/engineer. He gave me a problem to solve within one hour while he monitored me through another screen connected to the provided laptop. It went good at first but my solution failed to compute several certain cases. When the time was running out, he asked me few questions regarding some information in my CV and why do I want to join the company. After that, I left the room and I was asked to fill a questionnaire about the interview. The next round was aptitude test. There were 30 MCQs to be completed within 50 minutes. The questions were about probability, logical reasoning, time & distance, average, fractions, etc. I didn't manage to answer all of them so there were about 6 blank answers. The receptionist calculated my score immediately after that and took the result to the main room (probably to decide whether I enter the next round or not). Unfortunately not, she said the result will be sent by email within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There are some steps. The first step is the online programming test. You given certain days to complete the test and submit to them. If passed, there is a live coding interview. The language is java, the interviewer will give 2-3 problems to solve and asking about the details of your code

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Works Applications in May 2015.

Interview

Please refrain from applying for this company if you have > 2 year of experiences;personally i think it s hard to get in. The interview is extremely easy.Just practice all the basic questions below and you have very good chances to get in.I prepare a lot more but never have to use;you just have to think deeper ;like for lcs,how to print all the sequences. However,here s my real story:1st round met a guy who worked there for 2.5 years,not even graduate from CS.Ask me simple questions,I answer in a deeper level, he probably doesn't appreciate that cos he doesn't know it.Coding question so easy so I solved it fast.He want to modify a%b to (a/b)*b (they r equivalent,he just prefer his way of thoughts) ;but first,he beat around the bush by few irrelevant question.Then he asked tricky questions,cant guess his thoughts right away but my core answer is correct,he cant see that.And that s how I do not pass the easiest round albeit solving the problem that doesn't need to think more than 1s.If he like trick questions,I can torture him all day if I am the interviewer. It 's funny to meet interviewer who is overconfident,like to showcase his talent rather than observing candidates 's solution,ask bad/tortuous questions,like to boss around (I know later he likes to party/girl/boss people to work on time).

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Stage 1: Application through Top Career portal Stage 2: Was given a programming test to complete in a few days and sent the solution. C++ or Java is fine. Stage 3: Live coding test and aptitude test on site. Stage 4: Another technical coding test and interview with engineer manager on site. Stage 5: Interview with HR (video conference) on site. (same day as stage 4, if stage 3 is completed early, you might be asked to do stage 4 and 5 on the same day) Was given the job offer on the same day.

Developer Interview

Interview

1. homework 2. tech interview 3. hr interview I didn't enter the hr interview coz i failed to solve one problem in the tech interview. I personally think it is not that good to reject someone just because that he or she failed in one question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Works Applications.

Interview

you can go to the website to apply 1) online code testing first 2) go to office and have live coding 3) after that, you will get a exam 4) if all pass, you can get the offer at same day

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was SO RUDE, I was typing code while trying to explain every line of code, but he asked me to SHUT UP and just coding, while he was playing games or something else, because he was occasionally laughing to the other monitor. By the way, I tried to do eye contact but he ignored me and just turn around to his another monitor, "playing games". To be honest, I have interviewed for more than ten companies, and it's the first one who is so disrespectful to the interviewee. The interview questions are easy, I got an offer but I refused it. I don't want to work with this rude guy. So please, consider again for this company.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Works Applications.

Interview

First these guy give you some coding assignment. If you clear that assignment then you called for onsite. Onsite is divided into coding round + aptitude test + HR round Mostly if you clear first two rounds then its 99% sure you are selected, because I found HR round as a formality, but its important to decide your location.

Interview Questions

• Give a list of fractions, first reduce them to irreducible form and then sort them according to their value.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a PPO with 6 million yen package. No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Three steps, first step is about solving a string manipulation problem, but you will do that with another candidate, so if you write really fast, then he/she will be really stressed. the second is an interview with manager, the third is an interview with HR. People there are nice, you can just talk with them when you are waiting.