Works Applications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

First step is a off-line programming assignment after the recruitment talk. You have 5 days (about) to make it out and submit it by email.
    After about one week, I was called for onsite interview, one round technique interview by a Japanese Leader and then a mathematical test (seems loose time limit).
    The last step is a one-week internship to make out a system design (and some implementation) with three rounds of reviews.

Interview Questions
    • During the internship, you must understand their requirement and expectations, i.e. designing ideas is more important than implementation. docs is more important than code in WAP. I think.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Works Applications in April 2014.

1. offsite programming test
    2. face to face interview, including
    2.1 technical interview with some basic algorithmic problems
    2.2 SPI test
    2.3 HR interview

Software Engineer Interview

There are many round interview

Research and Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Works Applications.

At 8:30 AM on 17th Dec., I heard my name from the recruiter, and that was the starting of a long technical interview. I was the first one to be called for the interview. The interview was a live-coding interview, where I needed to code on Eclipse, and that coding practice was to be seen by the recruiter on the other computer connected with mine. To mention, Recruiter was very nice in nature, and very fresh (as it was the first interview, that day) at that time. He started asking me about my programming and technical interests. I told him that I love to do programming in C and Java, ad DS and OS are my favorite subjects. Then he asked me, the very first code, it was just a modification to be made to the programming assignment which I had submitted during the All India IT Talent Contest. Then he asked for one more modification. Modifications were to add two more functions of finding least 10% elements at any time in the Data-Structure and to reverse the Data-Structure at any time. Then, he given me a fresh program to check, whether a given string is a sub-string of another given string. Firstly I suggested normal O(m*n) solution and then he told me to optimize it. Thanks to geeksforgeeks that I studied, KMP algorithm of pattern matching there and re-modified the code to O(m+n) complexity. The he asked me a problem about segregating zeroes and ones in an array. Then one problem was related to reduction of strings (consisting of a, b & c) & by replacing two chars with the third one. Then he asked me a program on finding longest monotonically increasing sub-sequence in an array. Again thanks to geeksforgeeks that I solved it in the normal fashion followed by the Dynamic Programming solution. Then he asked me to print all such sub-sequences possible, not only the first one. Then he asked me for making changes to the code, considering the fact that input-values are Hexadecimal string not the Decimal values. I was not known to any predefined functions capable of converting Hexadecimal string to Decimal value. So I wrote my own HexToDec and DecToHex functions, and thus completed all the changes suggested by the recruiter. Finally due to my good performance in the interview, recruiter was very happy regarding this. He congratulated me for this & wished me best of luck for the next round.
    Next round of interview was more about the basics of CSE. He asked me many questions from OS (semaphores, process, deadlock, virtual memory etc.), one question about B Tree and B+ Tree and some questions from multi-tier & client-server architectures. This round also went nicely. Then there was an aptitude test consisting of questions from Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Probability, P&C and simple Quantitative Maths. It was an average test, so I attempted almost all questions. Generally all the people who reach to this round, clear it, as only some people clear those tough technical interviews.

Finally I reached to the HR interview, where interviewer asked me many questions about my areas of interest, thinking behind relocation to some other country, family background and about my teaching interest to The Enlightenment club members of NIT Agartala. Finally, after considering performance in each round, She offered me a position of R&D Engineer at Works Applications Co., Ltd. I thank her for offering such a lucrative offer. Then, she told me more about the company and its working environment through her presentation.

I thank Works Applications Co., Ltd., geeksforgeeks, T&P Cell, my parents, my didi, my teachers, my department, my institute NIT Agartala & my dear friends for all their guidance and blessings so that I could get such a nice placement.

Interview Questions
    • Problem about segregating zeroes and ones in an array. Then one problem was related to reduction of strings (consisting of a, b & c) & by replacing two chars with the third one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Works Applications in February 2014.

Questions were of average difficulty.
    1 question was find all possible permutation of given string
    Print longest common subsequence

Interview Questions
    • Print irreducible fractions in sorted order and that too in the form of fractions .   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Coding interview. Live coding in Java. simple problems. Focus on concepts

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Works Applications in December 2013.

They sent an assignment to be done for all interested students in our campus. Then they selected students based on the solutions and held one round of interviews. Unfortunately they had to leave with some problem regarding their flight.

Interview Questions
    • I would n't call it difficult . The problem is "Given two numbers M and N, p is from [M,N] and q is from [1,p-1], find all irreducible fractions of p/q."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Works Applications in October 2013.

First, 2 problems was given in session like an exam. I had 5 days to complete them and send the code of the solution by email. Second, after few days, I toke part in the on site interview. One part of the interview is a paper exam, which is about very easy math problems. The other part is coding on computer practically. There may be the third step, internship, but I skiped it.

Hope this infomation above will help you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Works Applications in September 2013.

In first round I had to make program in Java for 2 given problem.
    After some day they called and I was called for live programming. Programming was to be done completely in Java. I had to use the previous code inn live coding.

Interview Questions
    • There were no any unexpected question. A list of point was given. I had to print the set of all the points which was nearest to a given point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Works Applications in August 2013.

programming problem as written, you will get about one week to solve the problem

Interview Questions
    • questions was not difficult but your answer will not consider until it is most efficient   Answer Question