World Economic Forum Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at World Economic Forum.

Interview

Fairly easy and relaxed - focused on expertise and fit. Interview with direct manager; more like a management consulting interview. Initial interview on Skype - second in person. Long delay between first and second interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the WEF?   1 Answer

Already accepted another offer

Team Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at World Economic Forum.

Interview

No surprises. Know about the Forum and the Industry you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• The process is pretty straight forward when you prepare.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at World Economic Forum in February 2013.

Interview

I went over 8 interviews over 2 months. Everyone was great - bright individuals. Unfortunately, internal candidate was selected instead.

Hospitality Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online. It took 2 weeks to hear a response and when I did, they were very quick in scheduling an interview. I had a phone interview then 4 interviews back to back.

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Had five interviews.

funny people came with the exact same sheet asking mostly the same questions.

Negotiation

Negotiation = 0

Leadership Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at World Economic Forum (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

Saw the add in the economist. Went online to review the forum and the leadership program. Completed the essay's and application process. Received the interview call after networking with various members of the team I wanted to work for. Knew exactly what I wanted to do for the forum. Interview was focussed on what I would leverage from the forum and why the leadership program was important to me. Most importantly they wanted to understand how I would add to the forums mission.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the right candidate for this forum. What would you like to get from the prorgam   Answer Question

I had 12+ years of experience in private sector and taking a 50% pay cut to work at a non-profit was going to be hard especially with family. I had to make the tough choice to continue with my current role.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at World Economic Forum.

Interview

I underwent one Skype interview with the hiring manager. The second interview with a team member (not the hiring manager) was ended after 10 minutes on the phone, with promises to reschedule, and request not to contact HR. After that, I made three attempts to reschedule the interview, in vain.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at World Economic Forum.

Interview

had 2 skype interviews, a week apart, and then never heard from any of the interviewers after thank you letters and follow up. they can't even respond to an email saying "thanks, you're no longer a candidate".

Associate Director Interview

Interview

I applied for the position of an Associate Director in August this year. After 2 months I made an inquiry on the recruitment process as I had not heard back from the Forum. A week later in November reply from the Forum was comforting explaining that due to travelling and high number of applicants the recruitment process takes more time than expected and the hiring manager will come back to me asap. After another 3 weeks I checked the Forum' s website - the opening for the Associate Director position I applied for was gone, instead on my profile - the job I applied was replaced by a senior project manager job application which I never made. In addition, it was in the scope of the Global Fellowship Program which I specifically indicated I was not interested into. 3 months and a half down the recruitment process I still have not heard back from the Forum on my application as well as on the changes in my profile in their data base. As much as I was convinced that Forum is a great and powerful idea now it seems a little bit confused place. I guess to attract great value of human capital one has to respect potential employees first.

Interview Questions

• Still have not had an interview 3 and 1/2 months down the recruitment process, as well - have not heard back from the Forum on my application.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at World Economic Forum (Geneva (Switzerland)) in October 2014.

Interview

After two weeks from submitting my online application, a first skype interview was scheduled with a talent manager and two weeks later with the hiring manager. It took 4 months to get an answer from them.

During that time the job description and job title were modified at least 3 times and reposted differently on their website and social media (linkedin). It left me with an impression of people who do not know what they really need and borderline dishonest to previous applicants.

I felt that i striked a chord with the hiring manager on the basis of experience and what the hiring department needed because the manager expressively mentioned interest in my application but mentioned the decision depended on other people including the hiring manager

It seemed not to be the case at least partially with the talent manager whose question seemed rather subjective and seemed based on personality or similar factors and not the relevance of my profile to the job.

Interview Questions

• Relevance of experience to the job description (hiring manager)   Answer Question