World Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

1.6

WFG Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

A WFG Marketing Director/recruiter contacted me through our mutual friend. We scheduled a time to meet up so they could speak to me about their presentation. The presentation was a very quick and simple overview of how WFG works, why it's different from other companies, and how great the potential to make big money is by becoming a WFG associate. I was not interested, and politely declined. Several months later, they contacted me again to see if I was interested. This time, they explained more about how great the company was, how it really changed their lives, how the business helped them to help their families, and how easy it is to start building your own business as an independent contractor. I decided to see what was so special about all of this with my own eyes, so when they asked if I could come to their office, I accepted. I arrived at what appeared to a huge and luxurious office building. The entire building isn't theirs. They just rent space and share the rest of the building with other companies. But everyone there was extremely friendly. I was encouraged to hang around and talk to everyone coming in and out. After about 15 minutes of this, the meeting started. Associates stayed in the room while the new ones were taken to another room where we were shown the exact same presentation that the initial recruiter showed us. The presenter got to know us personally and shared their story of how they started with the company. After the presentation, we were given a contact card to fill out. I finally decided to join the business so a few days later they interviewed me. The interview was extremely easy. I was mostly asked questions about my career goals and my personality. I didn't need a resume and I was not asked about previous work experience. They only require you not to be a criminal. I paid $100 for the application and background check and got accepted as a new associate. I paid another $25 for the starter training kit and another $80 for the insurance training course and was told I would need to pay additional money for the actual insurance license.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you good at working in a team? Are you committed to working hard in the company? Do you like helping people? What leadership skills do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Takes 2 1/2 hours, he was checking my Resume and financial background. He explain about the company and how much you can earn, only with 1 hour a week $4000, a month. Said that I need to paid $100 to join the company. ***He don't tell that on the first 3 sales, I will gain $0, because I do not have the insurance license at this moment. If you have insurance license your commission will be 50%, the other 50% for your sponsor. They should tell you that before you sign. I signed and begin to study for the license. 2 days, ago I on a training I ask about the 3/3/30. 3 sales, 3 new associates (you need to bring) in 30 days. And that day the Senior Marketing Director tell me your first 3 sales will be for your sponsor. **** I have no job, actually studding for the license; and now begin to search for a JOB, that pay weekly. I will continue with my insurance license process, but NEED money.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Not much of a process. if you pay the fees your in. Just met with the person who recruited me and the CEO of that particular office and pretty much had a conversation of current and past employment.

Training Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cornelius, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Cornelius, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

All delivered or proffered by the junior office partner: a video presentation followed by a paper presentation followed by a credit background check (online) followed by an attempt to get leads from me.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work full-time or part-time   1 Answer

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group in March 2015.

Interview

They gave me a call and invited to come to their company for an interview. They gave a brief explanation of the company and started an interview. They have asked me several questions and asked if I can work right away.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

no interview process; called me in and I was offered the job immediately. You have to pay them $100 up front. It's a pyramid scheme. "scam" if you may. They don't care about your experience either. I wasn't asked any relevant marketing or financial advising questions. I knew something was fishy since I'm a freshman in college with no legit experience.

Interview Questions

• They mostly talked about how great they are. It's a door to door sales job. Waste of time. Beware!   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's 100% commission.

Financial Planner/Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

(Sorry in advance if this is full of errors, I was just trying to get all the information down.) I was approached by one of their "agents" at another job when she found out I was a Finance major. She took my contact information and promised to call back so I can meet with her and set up an informal interview. The interview was not really an interviews, so much as it was her trying to sell the company to me. I couldn't figure out if she wanted me to be her client or to work with them. It was basically her reading off of a very long presentation. She did not mention the name of the company at this interview, or even when she approached me originally, which I thought was odd. I was very unimpressed but when she asked me to come to a meeting at their Oakbrook office, I accepted, because I wanted to see it all the way through. When I showed up to the meeting, it was set up something like a "networking event," where you were introduced to one person, who you then spoke with for 2 minutes, until someone else walked by, and then you would be introduced to that person. They all asked the same basic "small talk" background questions. After about 15 minutes of "networking," those of us who were there to learn more about the company (about 4 of us) went to another room, where we watched literally the same presentation that had been haphazardly presented to me at an informal interview. The presenter, who was co-owner or something of WFG (really unclear), played up the company and, again, it seemed like he was trying to sell us on their business so that we would become clients. This is when I finally figured out the name of the company, by the way. Though they are owned by TransAmerica, which is owned by Aegeon...also very unclear how this works, as those seem to be reputable companies, WFG is not. I just was not impressed. He talked about high compensation, high flexibility, and how you could be "YOUR OWN BOSS AND EARN A LOT OF MONEY ON YOUR OWN TIME!" It all seemed very fishy. When I met with the Executive Marketing Director, though it seems like everyone over there claims to be an executive marketing director, he explained that I would pay for my own background check, my own licensing, etc, and then he asked me to bring my parents in so he could do their financial planning. I went home and did further research, and the research basically confirmed my suspicion that his was a pyramid-scheme. They all seem very shady, stay far away from them.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. It seems that you don't need really any qualifications at all to work here, except a clean background check. That's it. You just need to not be a felon to "work" here.   Answer Question

Pyramid scheme.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group (West Covina, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I found the information online and then send my resume by e-mail. I got reply very soon and made appointment for the next morning. The interview process is very easy, just like chat to your old friend. The manager is very nice too.

Interview Questions

• no difficult question. They will ask you how do you think about insurance. You can answer anyway you like.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Corona, CA).

Interview

Very relaxed Hiring process.I met with Marketing Direct. I then met with a number of the employees. Everyone was really nice and focused on their job. Very knowledgeable. I went out on a training appointment and was corrected very politely. Everyone is so nice and professional.

Negotiation

I did except. No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Oak Brook, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked to attend an information session by a Marketing Director. There was a 30 minute mingle opportunity followed by an Information session, one on one interview with the CEO which was a 2 session process.