World Financial Group

Updated Sep 6, 2014

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at World Financial Group in August 2014.

I found the information online and then send my resume by e-mail. I got reply very soon and made appointment for the next morning. The interview process is very easy, just like chat to your old friend. The manager is very nice too.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question. They will ask you how do you think about insurance. You can answer anyway you like.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at World Financial Group.

Very relaxed Hiring process.I met with Marketing Direct. I then met with a number of the employees. Everyone was really nice and focused on their job. Very knowledgeable. I went out on a training appointment and was corrected very politely. Everyone is so nice and professional.

I did except. No negotiation.

Broker Associatge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at World Financial Group in March 2014.

I was moreso recruited. I was asked specific questions regarding my financial goals and my character, then I was given the outline of expecations in order to become a business partner

non negotiation phase, just paid membership fee

Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at World Financial Group.

You can work as Part Time and how much effort and hard work you put in is how you can gauge your success in this business. Getting in is easy but achieving your financial goal requires perseverance, sacrifices and determination. You have to know what you want to achieve in order for you to have the drive to keep on moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlingame, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at World Financial Group in January 2013.

I was asked by one of my friends to tag along as she was meeting up a friend who contacted her many times about if she had any interest in making extra money on the side. We were given an address with suite number to an old office building in local business plaza. It was unexpected that an interview was going to take place as we were in our casual clothes.

When we arrived, friend was dressed in business attire and greeted us with introduction to the CEO. The suite contains multiple offices with old office furniture, and scene that everybody was out. We were then taken to a conference room in the back of the suite. The interview started with the CEO asking if we knew the reason of today's appointment and how much information had our friend briefed us on.

1. CEO started asking us some background questions then followed by his introduction leading to a presentation.
    2. The presentation started off with market demand and supply condition.
    3. It moved on to an information session about company history and mission.
    4. We were asked if we would like to learn more about business or financial part of the business.
    5. We chose to learn more about the business that led to information on multi-level-marketing (MLM) business model, general calculation of compensation, and methods of running the business. Assuming that if we had chosen the financial part that it would led to different proceeding.
    6. Type of support programs and initiation cost of enrollment to the business.

We had asked a lot of questions in between and at the end expressing interest. Therefore, upon the end of the interview, the CEO brought out a one page application form for enrollment. It took us by surprise as we thought this was just an informative meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to have financial freedom that you are not longer controlled by your employer?   Answer Question
    • Do you want to learn more about business or financial solutions?   Answer Question
    • How to get us started on the business?   Answer Question
    No negotiation is required. This is a freelance/entrepreneur opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at World Financial Group.

A lady (an associate of World Financial Group) approached me while I was at my doctor's office waiting for my appointment. She was apparently waiting for an appointment as well. She heard me talking on the phone and then complimented me on how well I spoke English. She asked me where I worked and what I do. Being friendly, I told her. She then asked for my number. I thought she wanted English lessons or to be friends or something - I was too stupid to not question why she wanted my phone number - so I gave it to her. She then asked me all these questions like where I live (I didn't tell her where, exactly) and if I want to come to a company meeting that night (I didn't say yes).

She said she's hiring and at that job, I could earn as much money as I wanted and I wouldn't be selling anything. She said she didn't want to tell me so much since others could be listening in the doctor's office. She said she would tell me more over the phone later that night.

I thought her approach to me was suspicious and unprofessional considering that it was a job opportunity so I asked her what the company name was and she said TransAmerica. She said it's based in San Francisco in a big, tall building and they have many offices all over the world. I told her I was not interested that type of work or that opportunity several times. She didn't seem to get the message as she kept telling me I could earn a lot of money. She gave me her business card and it said World Financial Group on it. It had the Chicago office address and the Georgia headquarters office on it.

I was then called for my doctor's appointment and while I was in the private room waiting for the nurse, I looked up the company information. It looked fishy so I decided to block her number on my phone and I planned to tell her clearly that I wasn't interested in the job opportunity and that she didn't have to call me later when I saw her again in the doctor's office lobby area. Well, I came back out and she was gone (maybe to her own appointment or left the doctor's office). She called me later in the evening but I blocked her call several hours earlier so it went straight to voicemail and she didn't leave any voicemail. I haven't had any contact with her since and I hope she doesn't contact me any more.

Interview Questions
    • What's your phone number?
      Where do you work?
      What time do you usually go to bed?
      Can I call you to tell you more about the job opportunity tonight?
      When do you work?
      Where do you live?
      Do you have a car?
      Do you have any friends?
      Do you live with your family?
      Do you want to come to the company meeting tonight?
        View Answer

Scam. Pyramid Scheme. Unprofessional. Not interested.

Financial Planner/Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at World Financial Group in May 2010.

Very simple, met with manager, talked about personal experiences, and preferred work environment, talked about how I could be a successful representative, and saw their work structure and decided what position where I would be most productive.

Interview Questions
    • Who would not benefit from the advice of their company?   View Answer
    Simple, just deciding how much effort to put in to build my income level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at World Financial Group in December 2012.

I was invited to an open house by a friend who works at World Financial Group (WFG). After the open house, I was interviewed. Then I signed the work agreement. I started working full-time in a few days. Everyone at WFG is usually very positive, helpful, and energetic.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities I would bring to the company that would make me an asset.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Financial Planner/Insurance Agent Interview

They are brokers selling Life, Health Insurance, mutual fund, also some other financial investment.

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at World Financial Group in November 2008.

Pretty much a multi level marketing company in which you recruit as many people as possible while paying for our own tuition to obtain insurance licenses. There is no base salary, everything is based off commission from selling insurance products after you are licensed. Do not work for this company, they are essentially a scam.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure you want to work as an unpaid financial representative?   Answer Question

Worked for World Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!