World Fuel Services Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

The process was really long. I received the call for the interview about 5 months after I applied. I then had a interview with the manager and hiring manager. The questions were really fair though.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any room for negotiations.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at World Fuel Services in September 2014.

I applied for the credit analyst position via LinkedIn.com. The talent acquisition department called me within the next week to discuss the position. They sent me a questionnaire to fill out and a link to apply through their website directly. About two weeks after I completed the questionnaire I was called to set up an onsite interview.

The interview started about a half hour late as they were setting up a computer to take short test on financial ratios and statements. The test was not hard, but used some terms that one may not be familiar with if you come from a banking background. They give you 15-20 minutes to take the test. After the test I met with one of the Credit Directors for about an hour. A major part of the interview was answering various hypothetical questions based on different scenarios. They company is truly a global company so many of the questions were about foreign markets and economies in additional to domestic markets and economies.

Overall the process was relatively simple, but be prepared to answer many hypothetical questions and think outside the box.

Interview Questions
    • Say one of our brokers in Singapore meets a prospect at a bar while out one night and gets his business card. In the morning he sends you the business card asking if he can offer credit to the prospect. How would you determine whether or not you can approve the credit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at World Fuel Services.

I initially applied for a different position via LinkedIn but HR called the very next day to say it probably wouldn't be a good fit but another position was about to be posted, would I be interested in that and I was. I had to fill out a questionnaire that I think took the place of a cover letter. Once that was submitted, HR immediately called to schedule an on-site interview. The actual process was tough but not necessarily negative. There was a lot of focus on experience with international markets and financials. There was also a test on financial ratios before the interview began. Overall, it was intense but now I know what I can work on. The only downside is that I followed up asking for a status and was told it would a decision would be made in a day or two and the decision is still pending weeks later. Overall, everyone was really nice and they seem like they really know their stuff. It seems like a company that would challenge you (in a good way).

Interview Questions
    • If you have a customer in Asia asking for $1MM+ in credit but they're unwilling to provide financials or references, how would you go about approving them?   Answer Question

Associate Counsel/Credit & Collections Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at World Fuel Services.

I applied online and received an email from their corporate recruiter the next day. She asked me to fill out a brief Candidate Review Doc, which asked questions such as Why are you interested in working for World Fuel Services? and What is motivating you to look at new employment opportunities? I filled it out and sent back immediately. It appears she did not receive it so I resent it about 5 days later.

A phone interview was scheduled about 3 weeks later. In the meantime, the recruiter sent me a lot of information concerning life in Miami, relocation costs, and real estate. The interview itself was very straight-forward. The person asked me about my work experience, personal background (I think the goal of this was to see if I already had any ties to Miami), dug deeper into my answers to the questions in the Candidate Review Doc, and explained what the job would entail. I would describe it as a pretty relaxed conversation.

Both the corporate recruiter and the person who interviewed me were very pleasant. Having to prepare the Candidate Review Doc beforehand was very helpful because it allowed me to see a little bit of what they would want to know, and forced me to think about my answers. However, considering how much contact I had with the recruiter before the interview, I would have expected at least an email telling me the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions to be difficult or unexpected. They just wanted to know my work background and experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at World Fuel Services.

Interview was very casual. They had recruited me, so it was more of a sales pitch. They are very good at selling you on being the missing link in the organization, and that you will be the future of the company. This is all false, as their hope is to just close the deal and then slide you into your role for life.

Interview Questions
    • There were no tough questions. It was very much a sales pitch from a company of sales men.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at World Fuel Services.

I initially had a telephone interview. About 1 week later I was asked to come in and take some personality profile tests and MS Office tests. About 2 weeks later I was scheduled for a panel interview with the position's supervisor, the position's team lead and an HR individual. The interview was normal and a lot of time was spent talking about the position's supervisor personally (how they felt, what they liked, didn't like, etc). Really I could tell very quickly the panel was a front and that I really needed to just impress that one person. After that interview it was about 2 more weeks before I was called to have 2 one on one interviews back to back with the HR VP and the General Manager at the time. About 3 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the question, but I do remember how I handled it and that I received compliments later on how I handled it.   View Answer
    It seemed like HR knew without me having to tell them that I wouldn't be able to come onboard and wait any length of time for insurance. They were able to get it for me right away. They gave me a few days of vacation to hold me over until I got mine and the salary blew what I was making out of the park, so I really didn't have to negotiate at all.

Lead Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at World Fuel Services in January 2014.

Applied directly and was called for interview by recruiter next day; very professional and excellent interaction and clear on both side what they are looking for and am looking for; so it made it easy.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing specific difficult or unexpected; same like all companies who look for how they can improve and help. Its a great company but seems like trying to re-organize.   Answer Question

Main reason is no stock option which made me to think they don't want me to be part of company's growth but I would like to be part of it. This is just my personal opinion, but this is what offered to all other employees, but everyone's opinion is different.
    ** This is a great company, if they would have offered some type of options, would have been my first choice **
    But got offer from another company who wants me to be part of them and so decided to go with other company.

Accountant Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Just general behavioral questions. What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at World Fuel Services in September 2013.

In house recruiter contacted me about the position based on resume that was submitted previously for a different position. I was very happy they contacted me. The corporate culture seemed very positive and overall workplace morale seemed high. The overall interview process was a very good one and I genuinely enjoyed the entire process.

Analyst IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at World Fuel Services in October 2012.

Very unprofessional company in regards to the HR processes which at the end of the day are the face of the company. Recruiters show a lack of respect for the candidates. They do not follow up and provide any feedback to their candidates. Horrible and unprofessional interview process.