World Health Organization

2.9

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at World Health Organization in May 2011.

You apply online through the website. It takes about 2 to 3 months to move to the next phase, that is a timed skills test. After the test it takes about 1 month to move to the next phase, which was a panel interview. After that you get an offer or not (it takes about 2 months to have a reply).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at World Health Organization.

I applied online through the web application portal, and then was contacted by email about a month and a half later from the specific department for a 1-1 phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes, and had standard interview questions-- why you want to intern at WHO, why you're interested in health issues, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your ability to work independently without supervision.   Answer Question

Post Graduate Intern Interview

Was Selected for the Internship through a Selection programme in my school, Submitted my CV and enrolled online. Got a Phone and Face to Face Interview. Everything went well and worked at the Department of Maternal Newborn and Child Health in Geneva for a duration of Six Months

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at World Health Organization in June 2013.

Getting hired as an intern at the WHO came by pure coincidence. I met my adviser while on a study trip. The topic of my thesis was of interest to my adviser who offered me an internship after a short interview. After exchanging a few emails, the start date was set. After completing my thesis I moved to Geneva where my internship was taking place. The process was very simple.

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at World Health Organization in December 2012.

Application and one round of interviews via Skype. Onboarding process is complicated and finding answers to simple questions is time-consuming as no one takes ownership for communicating facts.

Interview Questions
    None as all salaries are pre-determined.

Finance Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at World Health Organization.

Once you get into the long list you will be invited for a written test. From the test results, short listed candidates will be invited for interview. Interview via video conference. There were 4 people on the panel: the post supervisor, a neutral party, HR representative, staff association representative. They asked questions and took note. The interview was a combination of technical, behavioral and competency-based questions.

Prefer Not to Disclose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied in-person – interviewed at World Health Organization in February 2012.

Applied online in response to unpublished vacancy which I learnt about through personal contacts. Was informed unofficialky that I was short listed so UPI de died to just go meet my potential boss. He met me, we chatted about general things for 30 min and a few months later I was infornmed by email that I was selected and an offer of employment was attached.

No negotiation. Offer is take it or leave it.

Media & Advocacy Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at World Health Organization in January 2011.

There was a written test after having been selected. Then the phone interview lasting an hour
    Why are you the best candidate, tell me of a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member, what is yor greatest weakness, how would you deal with a difficult boss and what steps do you follow to solve any given problem.....I tried my best but did not get the job

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at World Health Organization in October 2010.

They took a computer test followed by Group/Panel Interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with your juniors of you caught them fighting ?   View Answers (3)

Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at World Health Organization in May 2008.

The interview consisted of a phone screening and later a one-on-one meeting at headquarters. I submitted several writing samples and letters of recommendations from past employers. It was a very collegial atmosphere and felt more like a discussion than an interview.