World Health Organization Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I was asked few questions on the phone. Interviewer was very respectful, and humble. After interview, it took two day when I received an acceptance letter from WHO. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my academic background, about WHO, and what I expect from the internship.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

You apply online through the website. It takes about 2 to 3 months to move to the next phase, that is a timed skills test. After the test it takes about 1 month to move to the next phase, which was a panel interview. After that you get an offer or not (it takes about 2 months to have a reply).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position in November 2014, and it said online that if you had not received a response for the application in a month or two then that meant you were not in the process. However, in March I received an email that I was shortlisted. I believe that in the department that I applied there were 4-5 candidates shortlisted and 2-3 would be selected. After a 30 minute Skype interview, which was mainly technical questions and a review of my skills and my interests. The interviewer wanted to see if my skills and interests matched with their projects for the summer, and my passion for healthcare. It was not difficult, but the interviewer made it a lot easier and I felt more comfortable because I had prepared a lot before as well. After a month I received confirmation that I was accepted to the internship program,

Interview Questions

• What project would you be interested in working on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

I applied online through the web application portal, and then was contacted by email about a month and a half later from the specific department for a 1-1 phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes, and had standard interview questions-- why you want to intern at WHO, why you're interested in health issues, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ability to work independently without supervision.   Answer Question

Interview

Was Selected for the Internship through a Selection programme in my school, Submitted my CV and enrolled online. Got a Phone and Face to Face Interview. Everything went well and worked at the Department of Maternal Newborn and Child Health in Geneva for a duration of Six Months

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2013.

Interview

Getting hired as an intern at the WHO came by pure coincidence. I met my adviser while on a study trip. The topic of my thesis was of interest to my adviser who offered me an internship after a short interview. After exchanging a few emails, the start date was set. After completing my thesis I moved to Geneva where my internship was taking place. The process was very simple.

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)) in December 2012.

Interview

Application and one round of interviews via Skype. Onboarding process is complicated and finding answers to simple questions is time-consuming as no one takes ownership for communicating facts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None as all salaries are pre-determined.

Finance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Health Organization.

Interview

Once you get into the long list you will be invited for a written test. From the test results, short listed candidates will be invited for interview. Interview via video conference. There were 4 people on the panel: the post supervisor, a neutral party, HR representative, staff association representative. They asked questions and took note. The interview was a combination of technical, behavioral and competency-based questions.

Prefer Not to Disclose Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online in response to unpublished vacancy which I learnt about through personal contacts. Was informed unofficialky that I was short listed so UPI de died to just go meet my potential boss. He met me, we chatted about general things for 30 min and a few months later I was infornmed by email that I was selected and an offer of employment was attached.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer is take it or leave it.

Media & Advocacy Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at World Health Organization (Geneva (Switzerland)) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a written test after having been selected. Then the phone interview lasting an hour Why are you the best candidate, tell me of a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member, what is yor greatest weakness, how would you deal with a difficult boss and what steps do you follow to solve any given problem.....I tried my best but did not get the job