World Kitchen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Graceville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at World Kitchen in March 2013.

Interview Details – Started off as a regular sales associate. That interview process was easy non-stressful. A position opened up for assistant store manager and I just expressed that I'd like be given the oppurtunity to apply. Because of my experience and they knew how I worked I was offered the job right away.

Overal the interviews I have done since being in this position, the company doesn't ask things out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Describing what to do in certain situations is the hardest part of the interview. (In my opinion, these questions have many different factors that in a real situation would have to be studied before making a desicion in an educated manor.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at World Kitchen in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received brief phone call from recruiter for a few questions and to confirm my interest in interviewing for the position. One week later, 30 minute phone screen (standard interview questions) with recruiter/HR. 1-2 weeks later 30 phone screen with hiring manager (more of the same standard interview questions). 2 weeks later, on site interview day with 8 separate interviews with people in different departments, including the hiring manager again, and a new HR person.

This was the hardest part, because of the number of people to talk through my resume with and answer many of the same questions over and over again. No water provided (luckily I had my own small water bottle with me in my bag), no food provided and I did not go to the bathroom - the first couple of interviewers asked if I needed to use the bathroom after our meeting, then after that it was all a rush to get from one interviewer to the next. I was there from 9:30am - 2:30pm, and it was exhausting. With an hour-long interview slot over the lunch hour, I really expected they'd offer me at least a snack. I feel like my last 2 interviews really suffered due to the lack of any breaks and my lack of food.

Three different people at the company, the recruiter, HR representative and the hiring manager all stressed multiple times during the entire process that World Kitchen respects interview candidates time spent interviewing, and they will always let a candidate know one way or another if they are still being considered for the position or if they are out. Naturally, I never heard from them again.

Interview Question – Pretty textbook interview questions: Tell me about your background. Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker or client. Why are you interested in World Kitchen. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Provide an example of the project you've done that is relevant to World Kitchen. Why do you think you're a fit for this position.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at World Kitchen in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Two weeks later I received an email asking me to take an assessment test because my qualifications matched the position. After taking the assessment test, I never heard anything about the position again.

An email stating that I had passed (or failed) the assessment and was not getting the job would have made this more palatable.

Interview Question – The question wanted us to select the first letter of the word after being given the definition.

Sound after lightning:
  View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at World Kitchen in February 2012.

Interview Details – Basic HR phone screen. Interview was with multiple managers in multiple disciplines. Interviewers were more concerned about who I knew or worked with in my experience than my skills. Interview took place in an HR "conference room", actually a storage room with no window. No business cards or emails are provided for follow-up communications.

Interview Questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at World Kitchen in February 2011.

Interview Details – THe HR team came across my resume through a Job portal, and I got an invite for an interview. I had to travel to their HQ in Mumbai, and was initially interviews by the Supply Chain Manager. Following, that we had couple of more discussions on the Phone, and the offer Letter was offered weeks later. The interviewer seemed bit arrogant, and the Job description seemed quite naive and perfectly fit a fresher out of college - VLOOKUP knowledge and do you know how to negotiate. The HR team was friendly, and courteous in replying to emails on status updates.

Interview Question – If you can't speak Marathi (regional language), why sould we hire you for the Job?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interviewing manager seemed quite unfriendly and less knowldgeable. The description, fit that og a Management trainee out of college

Shift Production Supervisor Interview

Shift Production Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at World Kitchen in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was very straight forward. They were looking for canidates with integrity and high morals. Indicate that you a person of character and honesty and you will get an offer. The interview questions were the standard one would expect...tell us about your self...tell us a time you succeeded and failed and how you learned from it. Was not any trick questions.

Interview Question – Tell us a time that you failed at something   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Shift work...7 days on in the morning then 1 day off....then 7 days on in the after noon then 2 days off....then 7 days on for the night shift and then you get 4 days off. This is less time off than the typical weekend with 5 on 2 off, plus your sleep schedule would be a mess here.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for World Kitchen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at World Kitchen interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by World Kitchen employees and interview candidates.