World Resources Institute Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at World Resources Institute.

phone interview, checking with background and related experience. about 30 min

Other Interview Reviews for World Resources Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at World Resources Institute in March 2011.

-Met the recruiter in person before the job becomes available
    -Applied online through the careers portal when it did
    -Went through a group phone interview approx. 3 weeks later
    -In-person interview at hq a month after with 4 team members
    -Short writing test (1-2 pages in 24 hours)
    -Reference check
    -Offer and negotations

If you're interested in moving up from an intern into a full-time staff, let the hiring manager know from the beginning of the offer/negotiation phase that you're interested in working with them long term.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at World Resources Institute in May 2011.

Asked some behavior questions and let me express my thinking of their current project.
    Asked me what date I can start to work. But they need someone to start pretty quick and I can't finish my current project. That's the reason I didn't get in.
    The interview was easy. And the people were friendly. Must be nice to work with if there was no time conflict.

Interview Questions
    • Are you better in working independently or as a team?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at World Resources Institute in March 2011.

I first had an interview by skype. They then contacted me about a week later for an in-person interview, which consisted of an hour-long interview with the project manager and an hour-long interview with three other people working on the project.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly standard. Make sure you know about both the technical issues that you will be dealing with in the job and why you want to work for the organisation.   Answer Question
    Yes. Always ask, but remember constraints of project budgets when considering what to negotiate for.

Worked for World Resources Institute? Contribute to the Community!