World Travel Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at World Travel Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Many levels of interviews for at-home position, and it was a very thorough initial review of my resume. Appeared that many people were applying for the position. The initial interview was brief, about a half hour or so. I was invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem or situation you had to face at a prior job that involved detailed work   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at World Travel Holdings in November 2014.

Interview

I felt like I had to jump through a lot of hoops with this company for a temporary position and in the end, didn't receive a job offer. I had submitted my resume through their website after seeing the job posted to Indeed, and received an email from HR the following day asking for 4-6 of my best copywriting samples, which I sent to her. She responded back the next day scheduling a phone interview with her the following week. That went went, and then she set me up to meet with four people in the team. That in-person interviewing process took over three hours...but I think what was a little frustrating and time consuming is that I not only took a proofreading test during the interview, but had to then submit two writing samples to them over the weekend, (pick a travel destination and come up with a promotional offer and write an email for it and a landing page.) I have no idea if the hiring manager shared my work with her colleagues or even liked it, but it's important to note that her professional background was primarily in web and graphic design, not copywriting. She also read all of her interview questions from a page she had prepared and didn't comment specifically on any of my accomplishments and therefore I felt that she wasn't looking towards me or any other candidate as an individualized person with specific skills and experience. I also think the two writing samples should have been requested and asked for before I was invited to meet in-person. Keep in mind that this was a temporary position...really, the most important thing here should have been that I can write well, meet deadlines with no problems, and work well with other people, three qualities that I have. It's a shame because I have been out of work for almost a year and had decided to focus on my copywriting skills and this industry would have provided additional experience and writing samples. Employers really should put themselves in a job hunter's shoes, especially one who has been out of work and has a lot to offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a project where things didn't turn out the way you expected.   1 Answer

Travel Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at World Travel Holdings (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Just starting with the process. Waiting for my phone interview next week. So far the process has been easy. I'm a little concerned with some of the reviews here in Glassdoor.com

Interview Questions

• Don't know yet. I will update this posting when interview is complete.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at World Travel Holdings in September 2014.

Interview

FIrst of all I applied in Oct 2013 didn't hear a response until June 2014 so if you are in a hurry to get a job I wouldn't apply here. Once I had an interview it consisted of your typical generic interview questions that you can google and get the answer to. They rescheduled my interview once because of illness. Interviewer was extremely rude, short and unprofessional. When asked if I had any questions, and I asked the questions that I had, her reply was "didn't you read the FAQ section that we sent you via email?" I did read the FAQ but wanted clarification. She did not go onto answering my question and it was then that I knew I did not want to work for a company like this.

Interview Questions

• They were all straightforward and generic, be prepared to "sell something" over the phone to them.   Answer Question

Travel Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at World Travel Holdings in September 2014.

Interview

You go through an online assessment that takes at least 1 hour if not more. Then, if the application is excepted you go through 2 phone interviews. Usually the two interviews are done within a week time. if you do not get scheduled for a second interview you will not be hired. The second person who interviews you could actually be the team lead you will eventually work for. Team leads give oversight to a group of agents assigned to them. They evaluate the employee by the volume of sales in booking cruises and well as the volume of customers signed up for travel insurance (a valuable source of income to the company).

Interview Questions

• If your application is approved you are set up for the first phone call interview. Why did you apply, you are given various scenarios to see how you would respond. It you pass that interview then you will be scheduled for the second interview and asked questions how you would handle different situations, and how you prioritize job duties, do you like matrixes - referring to sales quotas.   Answer Question

Interview

So far I applied online and took the assessment screening which had nothing to do with travel and customer care. The assessment was borrowed from an internet/cable company and I felt you were to be an expert in navigating the system. ( Which was fairly easy to use,except for the first time a bit slower to navigate) I have 30+ plus years in the travel industry from Corporate to Leisure and Management, back office, negotiations with vendors rates and meeting planning. With a resume like mine it will be interesting to see if I get to the next level with taking an assessment on navigating a CRM for Internet cable sales.

Interview Questions

• Interesting way to screen applicants with the assessment of customer service of a cable and internet sales.   1 Answer

Virtual Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at World Travel Holdings in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communications were awesome, the Human Resources team really knows how to pump you up about this high turn over corporation. The process was very smooth, but full of 'you will learn that later,' specifically in regards to compensation. That was made very unclear to the whole 38 people in my class and when we found out that it was in fact hourly OR commission about 10 people quit that day.

Negotiation

There are no negotiations because as HR puts it you make hourly and commission but once you get in it changes to hourly OR commission.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at World Travel Holdings (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The application process was standard. After I applied, I received an email with a link to take an online assessment. The assessment was a 4 part application which took me over an hour to complete. Be prepared for personality type questions, math word problems involving percentages and basic math. There is also a vocab test in the form of customer scenario questions, and then a practice training where you get to play the worker and answer customer calls. The 2nd step after passing the assessment is a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Some of the math word problems, threw me for a loop b/c I hadn't done math problems since college, 8 years ago.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at World Travel Holdings in August 2013.

Interview

Apply, interview a couple of times, & then, they make you an offer. If you accept, you will get a ton of emails with tons of paperwork - some I submitted 4 times before they claimed to receive it. They send you forms that make no sense, then tell you to disregard those forms after you spend hours trying to complete them all properly. They expect you KNOW, without being told, that they have a minimum requirement for internet speed, provider, etc. You are ONLY told this after you're hired.

Interview Questions

• This is laughable - I basically interviewed myself. The person interviewing me sounded like she was fresh out of high school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate...it's their way or the highway.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at World Travel Holdings (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Little chaotic as I9 was done via Skype which was a bit awkward but was faster than trying to find someone to witness and then get the documents to them.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Starting rate is same for all.