World Vision Interview Questions in Federal Way, WA

2.4

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Company used a search firm, which was not very sophisticated. Onsite interviews went well. I interviewed with several managers individually, as well as a group interview. Employees of the organization were extremely gracious, approachable, and appeared to enjoy working for World Vision. The organizational culture is steep in christian values. There were lots of prayers, references to biblical scriptures, and a genuine desire to convey a positive image of the organization. Another aspect of the culture is a seemingly aversion to change. My sense is some employees do not believe change will strengthen the organizational culture and/or increase its level of effectiveness and success.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

I applied online and was called within a few weeks to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was just standard prequalification questions. Within a week or so, I was called to schedule the next step of the interview process. This step lasted a few hours and was a great opportunity to get to know the department manager and hear more about the position. The next step was a group interview and a little daunting because it was a big group and not knowing what to expect, but after 15 minutes or so, I relaxed a bit and enjoyed getting to know the interviewers. Each step of the way I could feel the strong Christian emphasis, but wasn't required to pray for the group during the interview or anything like that. Typical process with each step, right up to the job offer. The onboarding process was an online system called Red Carpet, if I remeber correctly, and was a little bit confusing at first but I liked it when all requiremeets were completed.

Donor Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

I applied online and then received a call from the HR person. She interviewed me over the phone. She asked me to give my statement of faith and asked general interview questions about availability and what are my strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked to come to a sit down interview where the questions were about the same. After I was hired I completed paperwork and went on to the 13 week training class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your walk with Christ.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the starting hourly rate was $12.60

Senior Data Solutions & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews for this position; the first one a phone interview. I was very impressed by the thoroughness of the interviewing process and the professionalism of the interviewing staff. I also sentenced a great respect and adherence to the companies Christian philosophy which I really admired.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you moved from one job role to the next with your former employer.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the hiring manager and the second with the team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company does not support telecommuting for salaried employees. Negotiation was not difficult.

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an interview after an online job application. I was interviewed by the Recruiter and the Department Lead. They asked me questions about my job experience and asked to see my portfolio. All in all, the interview process was painless. I did have to contact them to get a decision back.

Interview Questions

• They did want me to talk about my relationship with God. Although I knew to expect that, I wasn't sure if my answer was sufficient.   Answer Question

Donor Services Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

There were two total interviews: 1 phone interview and 1 in-person interview. Both consisted of standard behavioral questions. Both were very easy. The in-person interview included a tour of the building containing the call center (high ceiling with short cubicles so you can see everyone; pleasant atmosphere). The entire process was about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• There truly was not any unexpected question. Just prepare with standard behavioral interview questions (a challenge you encountered previously and how you overcame it, how would you deal with a difficult donor interaction without manager available, etc.).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

Small local job fair. Very polite and professional. Met at their Federal Way headquarters and performed interviews for dozens of people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation for salary. They had standard rate and with no previous experience, didn't have anyway to ask for more.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Vision (Federal Way, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

I had an initial interview with HR and then had 3 additional interviews before I got the job. Interview questions lead me to believe that there was going to be travel and the job would be a very fun and relaxed environment - (none of which were true in teh end)

Interview Questions

• Can you raise $100,000 in on year.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations available.