World Vision International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.8

Program Officer Interview

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I had to wait about 1 month for most of the team to be back in DC because they were all overseas. The interview went so-so; they didn't seem particularly crazy about me, but I heard from them 2 weeks later. I got the job offer but had to wait another month to start because my supervisor was overseas.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at World Vision International in September 2014.

Interview

Short, in person interview, applied online. They just asked me about my resume, class experience. Also asked about my language ability, because I noted my French experience. They did not, however, ask me to actually speak French. Because this is a religious organization, they asked me about my faith and my ability to work within a diverse work place.

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

Need to have a strong Christian background and ethical foundation - this organization participates heavily in daily Christian devotional meetings, active prayer, etc.. If this isn't part of your lifestyle - it's not going to be a good fit. Team dynamics are essential - if you're not a selfless team player - don't bother.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a difficult ethical problem that calls your faith into question (explain a situation where you actually did this).   2 Answers

Negotiation

Salary was a primary concern - they don't have much to give (being a non-profit). Awesome benefits - almost makes up for the low salary. Justify your pay by listing benefits to the organization.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at World Vision International.

Interview

Contacted via email a couple of weeks after applying. Initial phone screen with recruited which lasted about 1/2 hour. A few days later was contacted to be part of a panel interview over Skype which lasted about an hour. Had a followup interview with the hiring manager and then received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were phrased in line with the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited room to negotiate within the salary range. Was told that most of the time new hires start at the lowest end of the scale.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at World Vision International (Federal Way, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

The gentleman who conducted the initial phone interview was very friendly and personable. The gentleman who conducted the 1:1 interview was arrogant and condescending. Had I been interviewed by 1:1 person first, I would not have pursued the opportunity any further.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions -- the questions were very predictable and routine.   Answer Question

I did not like the man who would have been my supervisor. He was arrogant and condescending.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tbilisi (Georgia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at World Vision International (Tbilisi (Georgia)).

Interview

Two interviews, one with HR and the second with the Operations Manager and the same hr. The interview took 40 minutes. Very polite interviewers and smily faces. Professional questions with regard of previous work experience, NGO knowledge and passion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here. Read 6 core values of world vision as a preparation for the interview   1 Answer

Regional Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lugazi, Kampala (Uganda)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at World Vision International (Lugazi, Kampala (Uganda)).

Interview

Expect two interviews at the least. Once you have been shortlisted for an international job, you will receive a telephone interview from HR. They will then sieve at that level and forward names for technical interviews. The interviewers tend to tap into your real experiences, rather than generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are competence-based. E.g share an experience where you misled a team with your decision.   Answer Question

Medical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sukkur (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at World Vision International (Sukkur (Pakistan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially i applied online for job,then after 1month they called me for interview. I didnt planned anything for interview.interview panel consist on 3peoples

National Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at World Vision International (Patna, Bihar (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Position was announced for internal candidates to apply, at the interview site, outsiders were present, plan was to recruit outsider, but as a policy called internal candidates. The position was delayed for months and finally at the middle of the project an outside candidate was appointed.

Interview Questions

• why change to different position   1 Answer
    • how can you coordinate work at a distance   1 Answer

Engineer Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sukkur (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at World Vision International (Sukkur (Pakistan)) in April 2009.

Interview

Advertisement in new paper then long and short listing process interview and then selection