World Vision International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at World Vision International in March 2012.

Interview Details – The gentleman who conducted the initial phone interview was very friendly and personable. The gentleman who conducted the 1:1 interview was arrogant and condescending. Had I been interviewed by 1:1 person first, I would not have pursued the opportunity any further.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions -- the questions were very predictable and routine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not like the man who would have been my supervisor. He was arrogant and condescending.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

Interviewed at World Vision International

Interview Details – Need to have a strong Christian background and ethical foundation - this organization participates heavily in daily Christian devotional meetings, active prayer, etc.. If this isn't part of your lifestyle - it's not going to be a good fit. Team dynamics are essential - if you're not a selfless team player - don't bother.

Interview Question – How would you resolve a difficult ethical problem that calls your faith into question (explain a situation where you actually did this).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was a primary concern - they don't have much to give (being a non-profit). Awesome benefits - almost makes up for the low salary. Justify your pay by listing benefits to the organization.

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at World Vision International.

Interview Details – Contacted via email a couple of weeks after applying. Initial phone screen with recruited which lasted about 1/2 hour. A few days later was contacted to be part of a panel interview over Skype which lasted about an hour. Had a followup interview with the hiring manager and then received an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Questions were phrased in line with the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited room to negotiate within the salary range. Was told that most of the time new hires start at the lowest end of the scale.

Regional Advisor Interview

Regional Advisor
Lugazi, Kampala (Uganda)

I applied online and interviewed at World Vision International.

Interview Details – Expect two interviews at the least. Once you have been shortlisted for an international job, you will receive a telephone interview from HR. They will then sieve at that level and forward names for technical interviews. The interviewers tend to tap into your real experiences, rather than generic questions.

Interview Question – Most questions are competence-based. E.g share an experience where you misled a team with your decision.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Team Leader Interview

Engineer Team Leader
Sukkur (Pakistan)

I applied online - interviewed at World Vision International in April 2009.

Interview Details – Advertisement in new paper then long and short listing process interview and then selection

Medical Officer Interview

Medical Officer
Sukkur (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at World Vision International in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initially i applied online for job,then after 1month they called me for interview.
I didnt planned anything for interview.interview panel consist on 3peoples

Interview Question – asked about my total job experiences.   Answer Question

National Coordinator Interview

National Coordinator
Patna, Bihar (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at World Vision International in November 2011.

Interview Details – Position was announced for internal candidates to apply, at the interview site, outsiders were present, plan was to recruit outsider, but as a policy called internal candidates. The position was delayed for months and finally at the middle of the project an outside candidate was appointed.

Interview Questions

Worked for World Vision International? Contribute to the Community!