World Wildlife Fund

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at World Wildlife Fund in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had four interview for this position: one phone interview with a HR representative, one in-person interview with the employees who I would work with (who would train me), one with the manager I would be supporting, and then one final interview with my manager (since he had a difficult decision between me and the runner-up).

Interview Question – The most difficult decision was to explain why I would be more qualified and better than other candidates.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a considerable amount of negotiation, which took place over 2-3 days.

Development Coordinator Interview

Development Coordinator

Interviewed at World Wildlife Fund

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person meeting with the hiring managers and members of the team.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Field Programs Intern Interview

Field Programs Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at World Wildlife Fund.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume for the position and had a phone interview with the program associate. The interview was short with basic, straightforward questions.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at World Wildlife Fund.

Interview Details – I submitted a cover letter and resume for the position online after viewing postings on the WWF website. I heard back about a week later from my prospective supervisor asking if I was available for a phone interview. The questions were pretty simple - why did I want to work for WWF, how would the internship fit into my career plans, could I elaborate on my resume and relate it to the job description...

WWF is also very careful to try to hire interns who receive credit and, when possible, funding from their school. The double checked on this after my interview, asking me to send confirmation that I would receive academic credit for my internship.

I was offered the position a week later.

Interview Question – Why do you think you will be successful at this job?   Answer Question

Web Content Editor and Web Developer Interview

Web Content Editor and Web Developer
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at World Wildlife Fund in August 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via their website and didn't hear anything for about a month. I then got a call from a very excited WWF HR staffer who gave me a 20 minute phone interview. She arranged an in-person interview between the hiring manager and me for that same week.

I interviewed on a Friday, and the workplace definitely seemed both casual and quiet. The Reston campus is beautiful, which is part of the reason I was interested in a position with WWF. The hiring manager explained that the resume review and interview process was taking so long because she was covering the tasks of three positions until she could fill two of them.

The hiring manager/webmaster was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable about web development and web content in general, and about the weaknesses of the WWF website and web content generation and review process in particular. The interview itself took about an hour, during which she asked me numerous questions about programming languages and tools I've worked with, my writing and editing style, research and content development, and work and management styles I liked or disliked. I felt that she was very honest about what would be expected of a new hire in the position and what WWF offers its employees.

As interested as I was in the position itself and in the work the WWF does, the salary offered for the job seemed very low for the region and for the level of experience and knowledge they were looking for. The job would have required me to take a sizable pay cut--and I do mean sizable--the top of the salary range offered was about $30,000 less than I currently make a year. They were shooting for a web content manager/web developer with about 10 years of experience and with university training and certifications in the field. I understand and non-profits pay less on average than for-profit corporations, but the salary range seemed inordinately low for the sort of person they wanted to hire.

Interview Questions

• How will you gather, edit, build, and post content from such a large variety of content providers without a solid style guide or content review process in place.   View Answer
  • Would you be willing to take a significant pay cut to work here.   View Answer

Senior Officer Interview

Senior Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at World Wildlife Fund.

Interview Details – ordinary hiring process: online job post; submit resume; 2~3 round interviews.
English proficiency is a must, while many new employees have internal reference.
HR will go through all resumes and select 1/3 of them, this might be the most uncertain part of the recruiting process. Therefore, try to get in touch with some existing staff and get his email reference to HR will be very helpful.
Interviews will be conducted by line managers of the position. Prepare well for WWF's brand, its brief history, what it's doing in China and globally. Managers do not expect you to have NGO background, but English, Biology, Energy, Marine or related major will be preferred depending on different positions. Be passionate about non-profit work and show your love for nature.

Interview Question – no big question during interview. However, you may want to think clear about your own career track. NGO job market in China is far from mature, WWF can be the best employers you will meet in this field for next 5 years. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR hosts the negotiation process. You have chance to get a higher salary with good communication and negotiation skill.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at World Wildlife Fund in July 2012.

Interview Details – the process is very simple. all you have to do is take forms and fill them with your correct bio data, then the applicant sends in his entry and then waits for approx 2 months. the organization itself allows for conveying its methods and activities around the world. all you hav to do then is to attend the internship

Interview Question – about the choices you make   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at World Wildlife Fund in June 2009.

Interview Details – typical hiring process - questions geared towards explaining how my past experience directly would benefit their current organization. They really wanted to know if I would fit into their organization culture. They also drilled me extensively on my knowledge of medium and long term goals that the organization was involved with, so I had know a lot about the organization and their developed plans.

Interview Question – How did you creatively solve a problem?   Answer Question

Worked for World Wildlife Fund? Contribute to the Community!