World Wrestling Entertainment

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Interview

Assistant

Interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment

Interview Details – Typical behavioral interview questions, along with some about what you want to do, what you've done, where you're going. Most important is meshing well with team and people you will be working for.

Very Easy Interview

Post Production Coordinator Interview

Post Production Coordinator
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is always conducted through WWE Human Resources. Usually the job postings are online but all resumes are vetted through them. They will call the top candidates (usually 3-4 depending on the position) and you will be interviewed by HR and the President before moving forward. Then, each department will interview the candidate in order to deem their expertise in the field.

Interview Question – I'm not sure that it would be a question, but WWE demands a lot of their employees. They have great benefits and competitive salary but you will have a solid work load.   Answer Question

Affiliate Relations Interview

Affiliate Relations
Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was quick, efficient, and positive. If the company wants to hire you, they will want you to be happy and the recruiters will work to ensure that you are just that, especially if they know you are interested and likely to accept the position. Most hiring managers will want to know you are interested in the business end of things and aren't just a fan. My current manager was more interested in the business experience I brought to the table as opposed to my feelings as a fan.

Interview Question – All questions were fair and expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Had a positive negotiation process. Actually the only positive negotiation process I have ever had a at a company.

Manager Interview

Manager
Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewing with WWE was a positive experience. The process was fair and professional.

Senior Marketer Interview

Senior Marketer
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment in May 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty standard process. Three rounds. One over the phone and two in person. Pretty straight forward style. Mostly all about experience and how you might fit in with culture.

Negotiation Details – Pretty adamant on the salary but you can negotiate decently.

Intern Interview

Intern
Stamford, CT

I interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. They called me a week later. I interviewed that week. Interview by Meghan and the manager of the department.

Interview Question – Wasn't anything too difficult. Very laid back. Gave a good explanation of what I had to do. Being a huge wrestling fan I'm sure helped.   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Just for credit internship so none.

Creative Writer Interview

Creative Writer
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment in December 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through their website and an HR person contacted me a couple of weeks later. I spoke with him on the phone a couple of times. He did ask me if I watched wrestling but didn't seem to mind when I said not recently. He kept stressing that there was A LOT of travel and wanted to make sure that I was okay with that. He kept saying, "I want you to really think about this and get back to me in a couple of days."

We set up an in-person interview. Before the interview, I had to submit a writing sample carrying out a current storyline to completion. I went to their Stamford, CT offices and met with my HR contact and his boss. My contact gave me a tour of the office (I got to see Andre the Giant's shoes, which was kinda cool.) I had to pitch my writing sample. I got the sense that I would have also met with some of the writing staff but since it was the holidays, they were on vacation.

Then I didn't get an answer for months and months months, which made me a bit salty. I don't mind being rejected, but I prefer it quick so I can get over it and move on. Unfortunately, I was desperate for a job so I couldn't tell them to shove it like I wanted to. lol

Interview Question – After a taping, if some of the wrestlers (he told me that normally he would say the female wrestlers but since I was a female, he flipped it to male wrestlers) asked to hang out at the bar, would I go to the bar or to the elevator (meaning: my room.)   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Stamford, CT

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at World Wrestling Entertainment in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was a referral (I first learned of the position from an industry colleague). The HR staff was great. I had one phone interview and one in-person interview with the hiring manager. Another one with a senior staff member was scheduled and then canceled. They were very professional (including directions and what to do when you arrived). The best advice I could offer is to be prepared - both for their questions and with your own, to be able to learn about the company, the department, and your potential new boss. My perceptions of the people were that they were dedicated and professional. The office has great memorabilia and posters, and the work culture seemed to be a mix of 9-5ers and employees who were there all day.

Interview Question – Although you have great overall experience, you don't have much for this specific role, please take me through how you would be successful at this job?   View Answer

Worked for World Wrestling Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!