WorldQuant Data Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I have an interview scheduled at 4:00pm with WorldQuant through a headhunter. I waited until 4:45pm and received no phone calls from WorldQuant. Called my headhunter, and was told the interviewer completely forgot he had a phone interview with me ! Highly unprofessional as a financial company.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult: talk to me if you can.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for WorldQuant

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at WorldQuant.

Interview

The interview consists of five rounds, two telephone interviews, two online tests and 9-hour onsite interview. The questions involve C++, data structure, Perl, Linux and some probability questions.

Interview Questions

• Brainteaser questions and some C++ questions are really hard   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at WorldQuant (Greenwich, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I posted my resume. The recruiter asked my opinion about the position before sending it the company. The phone interview was scheduled soon. The questions were trivial, such as what virtual function is in C++; how to do pattern match in Perl (or something like that); given a txt file, sort the lines by the second column. To my understanding, the interviewer expected the interviewee to be familiar with the job requirements on a daily operation level. I was swamped with preparing algorithms and was not prepared with that much detail though. Overall, the job did not interests me much.

Interview Questions

• Sort lines in a txt file by one of the columns using shell scripting.   2 Answers